View Full Version : SCMC Mountain Cruise -- March 24, 2012

03-04-2012, 08:37 AM

We're cruising the mountains on March 24, 2012 and you're invited. The SCMC will be doing a mountain cruise on March 24 and will start in Charlotte, NC with a meet in Hickory. Come on out and join us for the day.

Update: The meet time in Hickory is 10:00 AM at Arbys restaurant on Hwy 321N which is north of I40 exit 123.

Contact info: Robbie Kiser 828-320-4253

Warning: If you get sick driving in the mountains then you may not want to run our course as we go over Hwy 421 into TN and VA. Event will be cancelled in case of rain!

Participants going:

1. Tony Sorrentino - 2009 Vista Blue Shelby GT 500 Coupe
2. Michael Woodward - 2001 White SVT Cobra Coupe
3. Greg Helmick - 2008 White Shelby GT500 Coupe
4. Robbie Kiser- 2012 Orange Boss 302 Coupe

03-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Count me in!
Mike Woodward - 2001 Oxford White Coupe

03-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Count me in as well!!
Greg Helmick 2008 White Shelby GT500

03-14-2012, 09:48 PM
I have entered my name. But I have 2 FFR cobras and Bob Jones coming from Raleigh. I group headed by Alan from the Greensboro area. So at this point probably an additiona; 8-12 cars.

03-14-2012, 09:56 PM
It would help if we knew how many were going so we can take attendance at the meet point. Since you've run this just recently Robbie, I feel more comfortable just being in the middle of the pack. Please get their names and car info for the cruise. Sounds like we'll have 10-15 cars going. :thumbsup:

P.S. For a minute there, I thought it was just going to be the three of us. :rotf:

03-14-2012, 11:41 PM
here is the map link. The below directions begin in Hickory, NC

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...m&z=9&dirflg=d (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=US-321+N&daddr=36.31144,-81.74099+to:36.46927,-81.80568+to:36.5612,-82.02033+to:36.66429,-81.96578+to:36.59692,-81.53492+to:36.5901581,-81.3373287+to:36.55929,-81.41924+to:36.467219,-81.397439+to:36.4482703,-81.4225083+to:36.38036,-81.48533+to:36.31316,-81.51111+to:36.2344306,-81.5717247+to:I-40+W&geocode=FdbPIAIdPqom-w%3BFZARKgIdQrsg-ynbcqRgMfZQiDEAZmpO32XjWA%3BFRZ6LAIdkL4f-ymriIDx7VxQiDHtawXPFq_zGg%3BFTDhLQIdFngc-yk93OvJym9QiDFcSRUYmAN6wA%3BFeJzLwIdLE0d-ynfAlISvWxQiDGU5obODgtokg%3BFbhsLgIdOOAj-ylFO51tPUtQiDGfU0ROhYpghA%3BFU5SLgIdEOQm-ym7siDe1blRiDG669Fk5hG2xA%3BFbrZLQIdGKQl-ykNixslrbZRiDFU_Yih_UC1HA%3BFRNyLAIdQfkl-yn7UfGWJ65RiDGDGUpd5phPpQ%3BFQ4oLAIdVJcl-ykLz-w9dK5RiDEY830MLOxnQQ%3BFcgeKwId7qEk-ymZBeeFb6tRiDGF6WfD5leLiQ%3BFUgYKgIdOj0k-ykNpnsNrKpRiDFZh8gnbnHRJg%3BFb7kKAIddFAj-ymda6Ehm_5QiDHJvEXgfi8iaw%3BFarxIAIdOEYn-w&sll=36.23652,-81.531258&sspn=0.176674,0.363579&vpsrc=6&hl=en&mra=dvme&mrsp=12&sz=12&via=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12&ie=UTF8&ll=36.235412,-81.529541&spn=1.413396,2.90863&t=m&z=9&dirflg=d)

1. Head north on US-321 N
2. Turn left onto N Carolina 105 S
3. Turn right onto State Rd 1107
4. Turn left onto N Carolina 194 S/US-321 N/US-421 N Continue to follow US-421 N
Entering Tennessee
5. Sharp right onto TN-44 N
6. Continue onto VA-75 N/Green Spring Rd/Hickory Tree RdContinue to follow VA-75 N/Green Spring Rd
Entering Virginia
7. Turn right onto Co Rd 677/Watauga Rd
8. Turn right onto US-58 E/Jeb Stuart Hwy
9. Slight left onto Co Rd 878/W Laurel Ave
10. Turn right onto US-58 E/VA-91 S/Douglas Dr
11. Slight left onto US-58 E/Jeb Stuart Hwy
12. Turn right to stay on US-58 E/Jeb Stuart Hwy
13. Turn left onto US-58 E/Highlands PkwyContinue to follow US-58 E
14. Turn right onto US-58 E/VA-16 S/ TroutvilleHwy
15. Turn right onto VA-16 S/Jefferson Hwy Entering North Carolina
16. Continue onto N Carolina 16 S
17. Turn right onto N Carolina 88 W/US-221 S Continue to follow US-221 S
18. Turn right onto US-221 S/US-421 N Continue to follow US-421 N
19. Turn left onto N Carolina 105 S/US-221 S
20. Turn left onto US-321 S/Blowing Rock Rd Continue to follow US-321 S
Return to Hickory on HWY 321

03-16-2012, 10:32 PM
updated info in the first post

03-22-2012, 07:00 PM
you guys running, if it rains? if not, rain date?

03-22-2012, 08:00 PM
check this thread tomorrow mid-day a decision will be made then. thanks all

03-23-2012, 09:45 AM
folks due to the fact that the chance of rain is up to 40-50% and the concern of the safety of the members


we will try to make another date TBA when possible.

03-26-2012, 07:12 PM
if, and when y'all reschedule, can I ask that you try and plan at least a month in advance, that way I can ask off of work.

03-26-2012, 08:27 PM
No problem Mike... this cruise was planned since the calendar was made last December. :eek:

03-27-2012, 05:18 PM
cool, thanks. I need an excuse to try out my new seats:D Corbeau's