PDA

View Full Version : Dynomax Exhaust

Frank
05-13-2002, 10:03 AM
I need help from anybody that has a Dynomax Ultra-Flow Cat-Back system. I ordered this system from Steeda and they sent me a different kit than Dynomax says I should use.

The only difference according to Dynomax is the Interchange pipe is 2 inches shorter. Steeda says that this will not be a problem. Is it? They said that I can send it back but the are going to charge me 20% shipping.

Gus at Steeda is an "*s*hole", please correct me if I am wrong.

After the way that Steeda handled this I will never buy anything from them again. They said that I was an idiot and just because I am overly picky about my car it is not his problem.

I wanted to talk to his boss and he said his boss is the company president and was unavailable.

What should I do?

Send it back and fight paying the 20%? or just install it and see if I can massage 2 inches out of it?

Ken 01-Cobra
05-13-2002, 10:53 AM
NEVER accept that kind of treatment. I would call the general information line for Steeda, and ask the secretary who the Customer Relations manager was. I would then ask to speak with this person, and while speaking with them, get their name and fax number, as well as the company presidents name and fax number. I would let this person know that Gus was unprofessional and unco-operative and explain the problem without being angry or emotional about it, and explain what you think is an equitable solution...that the part be replaced with the correct part at no cost to you. If this doesn't work, call the president and explain that you've tried working with Gus and the Customer Relations manager to no avail, and if this is not satisfactorily resolved, you will be forced to take your business elsewhere, and to let everyone in SCMC know about how Steeda treats their customers. I would bet that this can be resolved if you're willing to put in the time and energy to resolve it. :thumbsup:

BOSSMAN
05-13-2002, 10:57 AM
Send it back. Tell them to go pound sand on the restocking fee. I would contact Dario Orlando (the owner) and tell him that you are going to call the better bussiness burro (sp ?) if they don't replace it with the correct system. I have had problems with steeda before and this method worked for me. But i'll never buy anything from them again.

winddy1
05-13-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Frank
I need help from anybody that has a Dynomax Ultra-Flow Cat-Back system. I ordered this system from Steeda and they sent me a different kit than Dynomax says I should use.

The only difference according to Dynomax is the Interchange pipe is 2 inches shorter. Steeda says that this will not be a problem. Is it? They said that I can send it back but the are going to charge me 20% shipping.

After the way that Steeda handled this I will never buy anything from them again. They said that I was an idiot and just because I am overly picky about my car it is not his problem.

I wanted to talk to his boss and he said his boss is the company president and was unavailable.

What should I do?

Send it back and fight paying the 20%? or just install it and see if I can massage 2 inches out of it?

-----------------

What should I do?

----------------

I'm not sure if you received my email or not Frank ....

however -
I have been receiving my emails back from Frank at Steeda.

Fred has been great ...

But, since you are being frank ;) ;)
about Gus, perhaps for the sake of everyone its time that I (we) be frank about Frank !!

He has not been very helpful -
in fact,
he has been down right rude !!

Unfortunately -
we agree with you.
it would take allot to want to buy from them again ...

It has taken them six months to do anything about our problem that we had with the springs ....

:( :( :( :( :( :(

winddy1
05-13-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by BOSSMAN
Send it back. Tell them to go pound sand on the restocking fee. I would contact Dario Orlando (the owner) and tell him that you are going to call the better bussiness burro (sp ?) if they don't replace it with the correct system. I have had problems with steeda before and this method worked for me. But i'll never buy anything from them again.

--------------------

sheesh ......

this is sad ..

Frank
05-13-2002, 01:38 PM
After doing some research of my own, because I am "STUPID" according to Steeda. Every other company in the country offers two different kits for the 95's and 97's. Steeda is the only one that says this will work on both.

I also found that the only difference is the pipe that connects the H-pipe to the mufflers. I found these two connector pipes at Summit for $35. I think I am going to call Steeda and see if they can adjust the price by that amount and then this would fix my problem.

I don't know that this is a problem, because with some adjusting I can probably get what I have to fit. But when dealing with a company that wants to call themselves professional such as Steeda, you should not have to do this.

I will give it a shot.

Bonny I did get your email and that is why I feel that I should not have to settle for what they tell me will fit. We have Cobra's and only want the best on our cars. If Dynomax makes a ket specfic to a 96-97 Cobra that is different than the 94-95 GT then that is what I want. I don't want to monkey around with making it fit.

winddy1
05-13-2002, 04:27 PM
After doing some research of my own, because I am "STUPID" according to Steeda. Every other company in the country offers two different kits for the 95's and 97's. Steeda is the only one that says this will work on both.

I also found that the only difference is the pipe that connects the H-pipe to the mufflers. I found these two connector pipes at Summit for $35. I think I am going to call Steeda and see if they can adjust the price by that amount and then this would fix my problem.

I don't know that this is a problem, because with some adjusting I can probably get what I have to fit. But when dealing with a company that wants to call themselves professional such as Steeda, you should not have to do this.

I will give it a shot.

Bonny I did get your email and that is why I feel that I should not have to settle for what they tell me will fit. We have Cobra's and only want the best on our cars. If Dynomax makes a ket specfic to a 96-97 Cobra that is different than the 94-95 GT then that is what I want. I don't want to monkey around with making it fit.

-----------

oh my gosh Frank !!

I felt the same way!

You are going thru the same thing I did !!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Frank made me feel totally stupid !!

No -
do not monkey around making it fit ..

I agree with you. A company like Steeda should have something that fits correctly in the FIRST place !!

We're going to have to warn everybody else about this now ..

this is going too far !! Tim and I thought that the experience we had with Steeda would "teach" them something ...

apparently,
It didn't !!

:mad: :mad:

BOSSMAN
05-13-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by winddy1

-----------

oh my gosh Frank !!

I felt the same way!

You are going thru the same thing I did !!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Frank made me feel totally stupid !!

No -
do not monkey around making it fit ..

I agree with you. A company like Steeda should have something that fits correctly in the FIRST place !!

We're going to have to warn everybody else about this now ..

this is going too far !! Tim and I thought that the experience we had with Steeda would "teach" them something ...

apparently,
It didn't !!

:mad: :mad:

I went nine rounds with them on a set of pulleys that I purchased from them. They wanted me to drill hole to make them fit. I told them no and I would wait for the right one's to come in. Do not try to make the exhaust fit. You could void the warrenty on it if it's installed on the wrong application. Steeda might not stand behind the warrenty of the mufflers, but dynomax will if everything is as it should be. Sorry for the rant, but everytime I hear the word steeda I get pissed over the way they treat people. I work in customer service and I think the customer is always right.

sn8kbit
05-13-2002, 07:27 PM
personal opinion, steeda and customer service belong together as much as "military intelligence". it's just an oxymoron.

i've had several issues with steeda the company, but bad as i hate to say it, the parts work.

contact a club officer, explain exactly what was said to you. that'll definitely get results for ya....

tdalsanto
05-19-2002, 08:54 PM
Hello Steve !!

How's everything ???

Say hello to Michelle !!:thumbsup: :bounce:

sn8kbit
05-19-2002, 10:04 PM
hey tim, long time no see. the R wheels look good on black, durnit.....LOL

ford97cobra
05-27-2002, 02:25 PM
I have the Dynomax Ultra Flo system off of my car. I'm actually selling it if you want a no hassle deal :-) I put it on my 97 Cobra last April, drove with it for about 4500 no rain miles last seasonnand replaced it this year with some Dynomax Race Magnum bullets welded into the stock catback. Let me know if your interested in the catback or if you need some measurements.

Matt
97 Cobra