PDA

View Full Version : Rob Deneweth Passes Away

cobrabitn
11-12-2012, 05:38 PM
To say I am in shock is a huge understatement. I still cannot believe that Rob has passed away. I simply cannot believe it...I mean I just saw the guy at our May VIR event. The usual Rob, full of life and happy to be there. If there was one track event he wasn't going to miss, it was the SVT Superfest. He always told me that coming to our VIR event was the one event he always looked forward to...I am still in shock as I planned to tell him the 2013 dates this month.

I have known Rob since around 2000 when he first came to our first open track event at GingerMan Raceway. He was a very nice guy, a Ford engineer, and an excellent driver. He instructed for the SCMC for well over 10 years and he always enjoyed instructing at our events. He was the kind of guy that could talk Ford for hours and hours. He was always willing to lend a helping hand at events but he mostly liked to take participants out on the track with him. Rob was responsible for the Cobra Jet Mustang and the engineering of the upcoming twin turbo Cobra Jet Mustang.

My condolences to his family, wife and girls, and may God Bless them and keep them in their time of grief. Rob, you will be missed by many but you will especially be missed by me. R.I.P

SuperG
11-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Wow, that's horrible news!