PDA

View Full Version : Project J

cobrabitn
03-18-2014, 10:51 PM
So what is project J? Well it is a 1995 Black SVT Cobra that is in need of a lot of tlc and restoring. I'm not planning on putting this car back to 100% stock. What I plan on doing is a how to as I go along and fix some of the problems with the car along with before and after photos. Stay tuned as we give you some before photos!

smashedheadcat
03-22-2014, 07:56 AM
I hope it was donated to you Tony. That poor girl could use a good friend.

cobrabitn
03-22-2014, 06:58 PM
Go to the official "project J" webpage and check out the video!! http://www.svtcobraclub.com/projectJ.html

Mystic_Cobra
03-24-2014, 12:20 PM
And I thought my new "project" was in rough shape. Any idea if the seats can be repaired at a reasonable price? I have a well worn driver's seat in mine (black 98 leather). Considering rebuilding/recovering the bottom, replacing it was a sportier seat or even a newer used Mustang seat. Need to research prices, I guess.

snakbitn
03-24-2014, 02:23 PM
Damn Tony,what did you do....loose a bet or something?:rotf:

cobrabitn
03-25-2014, 11:51 PM
Ha, ha...I didn't pay too much for it but most of the items are quick fixes. The paint and interior is a different story. I should be able to get seats or have these recovered with new cushions. The guy at Pro-Dyno compounded one area of the paint and it looked better than new. I may have him do the rest of the car for now and paint it sometime down the road.