PDA

View Full Version : Bananism

svt_coupe
05-20-2002, 01:47 PM
In true Bananafashion, I continued my pursuit for lightening the car. Jeez they put a lot of junk you don't need in these cars!!!

Engine Bay:
-crash sensors
-all AC lines removed (cool tool that does disconnects the lines without damaging them!)
-the AC evaporator (black canister on the passenger side next to the firewall)
-pulled the radiator to get to the AC condensor. Removed the condensor and associated mounting hardware.

Fabricated some baffles that don't let the air escape around the radiator. Pretty kewl...

Interior:
-blower fan (AC/heat)
-"HVAC" controls (I had left them in there previously)
-Air Bag module
-more AC/Heat ducts
-more sound deadening

Went to take out the windows but opted to wait until I get some cheap Lexan for the side windows - need them for towing and storing the car (water tight). I can hardly wait for this "mod" as it's quite a few pounds.

I feel so infected with the Yellow Fever.

98banana
05-20-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by svt_coupe
In true Bananafashion, I continued my pursuit for lightening the car. Jeez they put a lot of junk you don't need in these cars!!!

Engine Bay:
-crash sensors
-all AC lines removed (cool tool that does disconnects the lines without damaging them!)
-the AC evaporator (black canister on the passenger side next to the firewall)
-pulled the radiator to get to the AC condensor. Removed the condensor and associated mounting hardware.

Fabricated some baffles that don't let the air escape around the radiator. Pretty kewl...

Interior:
-blower fan (AC/heat)
-"HVAC" controls (I had left them in there previously)
-Air Bag module
-more AC/Heat ducts
-more sound deadening

Went to take out the windows but opted to wait until I get some cheap Lexan for the side windows - need them for towing and storing the car (water tight). I can hardly wait for this "mod" as it's quite a few pounds.

I feel so infected with the Yellow Fever.

There is no cure for yellow fever! The treatment, which is quite effective, is to remove more parts. :thumbsup:

Just windows and door panels will save a total of 50 lbs.

sn8kbit
05-20-2002, 03:15 PM
maybe we should start calling tom "jenny craig"...........LOL

svt_coupe
05-20-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by 98banana
Just windows and door panels will save a total of 50 lbs.

door panels as in the over-rated door panels with arm rests and interior colored... or, as in the steel door frame. The over-rated interior door panels have been gone for some time now... :D

98banana
05-20-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by svt_coupe

door panels as in the over-rated door panels with arm rests and interior colored... or, as in the steel door frame. The over-rated interior door panels have been gone for some time now... :D

Yeah, just the plastic parts. The metal inside of the door and door beams is another 20 lbs. per door for a total of 45 lbs per door. Too bad the mustang's not a four door!

COBRA #17
05-21-2002, 07:56 PM
How did you get the heater box out dude? The old foot in the floor board trick or did you do it the hard way???:D
Go on and take the windows out and go redkneck style and tape up the windows with some plastic for storage and towing!!!:p
Then you can move up here into the BOOOONIES!!!:thumbsup:

WAIT, WAY THE HELL AM I TELLING YOU THIS STUFF?? HELL YOU WON THE LAST 2 RACES !!!:confused: :doubt: CITYSLICKER!!!

AI East Asst. Director
Cobra #17

svt_coupe
05-22-2002, 09:51 AM
JAMES!!! Heater core is still there. I think I'm gonna have to pull the dash and to get to it. YUCK. Windows WILL be gone before long...

Cityslicker, huh?!? :D Why not just take racing tape and cover is strip by strip??! :p