PDA

View Full Version : Driveshaft info

Mystic 96
08-23-2014, 01:08 PM
Hey guys, been a while since I've been on here. I am in the market to eventually buy an aftermarket driveshaft. I'm looking at aluminum driveshafts. I'm on a budget and am definitely looking for a good deal on a good part. Ford Racing driveshafts are around 350$. I had one on my 98 cobra and loved it. However I'm checking into the Jeg's and Summit Racing driveshafts. they are both around 280$. I cannot find any reviews or feedback on these. Has anybody had any experience with either the Jeg's or Summit Racing units? Quality, durability? It's the kind of part you don't want to skimp on considering the catastrophic damage that can happen during failure, but if the other two units are good, it seems the price and setup could be a good option. Any input will be much appreciated. thanks.

1996 Mystic Cobra, BBK longtubes, BBK offroad xpipe, American Thunder Catback, Hurst Shifter, Progressive rate lowering springs, SVE upper/lower control arms, 4.10 gears. 46,600 original miles.

cobrabitn
08-24-2014, 08:57 AM
I always go with the Ford stuff but then that's me.

smashedheadcat
08-25-2014, 11:56 AM
What you could do is invest $35-$120 on a driveshaft safety loop. There's really nothing wrong with factory driveshaft.

Mystic 96
08-27-2014, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I definitely want the aftermarket shaft. But my car will primarily be street driven so I know it isn't necessary unless my stock unit goes bad. I was just wondering if anybody had any experience with either of those brands. Love the site glad to be back!
:thumbsup:

smashedheadcat
09-06-2014, 07:37 AM
Most of the time Summit's products are made by someone else. You could try calling summit and asking them what company makes the driveshaft.