PDA

View Full Version : New Clutch

schechter
05-24-2002, 08:41 PM
Just had installed today at Springfield Motorsports the Ford Racing 11" clutch upgrade, having spun out the clutch last weekend. It has a very light feel and I hope to get to the track with it this weekend to try it out. Anyone have anything positive to say about it now that I have it in?

winddy1
05-27-2002, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by schechter
Just had installed today at Springfield Motorsports the Ford Racing 11" clutch upgrade, having spun out the clutch last weekend. It has a very light feel and I hope to get to the track with it this weekend to try it out. Anyone have anything positive to say about it now that I have it in?

-----------------

let us know how you like it ....

were going to have to replace the stock clutch on our '98 as well...

soon.. very soon !!

schechter
05-27-2002, 10:33 PM
Yup, I'll do that. Went out to 75-80 on Sunday, but it was all Chevy day, can you believe it. The clutch is nice on the street, but doesn't tell you much.

winddy1
05-28-2002, 09:49 AM
Yup, I'll do that. Went out to 75-80 on Sunday, but it was all Chevy day, can you believe it. The clutch is nice on the street, but doesn't tell you much.

--------------------------------

Yup -

I can believe that .....

it seems like around here it's always all Chevy day, or all Pontiac or Dodge day ....

were always driving our Cobra's thru a mass of GM's .......

but, we don't mind.

A diamond cutting through a group of pearls won't hurt anything ....
besides - I'd rather see all Chevy's than all rice ......

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

98 Snakeman
06-02-2002, 11:02 AM
I'd like to know how you like the new clutch. I have been thinking
about the same upgrade, and a future SC. :burnout:

winddy1
06-02-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by 98 Snakeman
I'd like to know how you like the new clutch. I have been thinking
about the same upgrade, and a future SC. :burnout:

=====================

we still have the stock clutch.

However, we have the Vortech SC SQ on our '98.

WE love it !!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bounce:

schechter
06-23-2002, 05:20 PM
Promised update on the Ford Racing 11" clutch upgrade. Been twice to the track. Very nice so far. The feel is light and the engagement very clean. Based on the results to date, I would recommend it.

winddy1
06-24-2002, 11:55 AM
Promised update on the Ford Racing 11" clutch upgrade. Been twice to the track. Very nice so far. The feel is light and the engagement very clean. Based on the results to date, I would recommend it.

====================

thank you !!

so far, we are still using the stock clutch on our '98 (supercharged) and it is fine.

However, I'm sure it won't be long until we will be needing a better clutch !!

;)

98 Snakeman
06-24-2002, 09:18 PM
Thanks for letting us know. I have about 55,000 on the original clutch, who knows how long it will last, but I think I will do the
same upgrade.
:thumbsup:
:thumbsup: