PDA

View Full Version : O-2 question

98 Snakeman
05-27-2002, 11:42 PM
I have LT's and an O/R H. I had a brain fart, does the back 2 O-2 sensors when used with cats put out the same voltage signal as the front 2 O-2 sensors, if it does then if you are cat free then why couldn't you install the same sensors (as the front 0-2's) in the back spots? Then there would be no need for Mil elim's. You should change O-2's every 30000mi anyway, why not just use 4 of the same?
What da ya think?:cool: :cool:

theman
05-28-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by 98 Snakeman
I have LT's and an O/R H. I had a brain fart, does the back 2 O-2 sensors when used with cats put out the same voltage signal as the front 2 O-2 sensors, if it does then if you are cat free then why couldn't you install the same sensors (as the front 0-2's) in the back spots? Then there would be no need for Mil elim's. You should change O-2's every 30000mi anyway, why not just use 4 of the same?
What da ya think?:cool: :cool:

Hey, if you can find two and they work let me know. I usually raise my car monthly to make sure the wires to my MIL's are not close to the pipe. What is really weird about this is, my car made it 900 miles after changing to a catted x-pipe, before the light made its presence felt.

98 Snakeman
05-28-2002, 12:33 PM
I can put between 200 and 400 miles on the car before the light comes on. I got mil's and it comes on in about 10 miles, says both o-2's are bad. (I think both Mil's elim's are bad, what's the odd's). I've had them both off checked the connections swapped sides still the same.:( :(
I'm going see what everyone has to say and give it a try.