PDA

View Full Version : GINGERMAN 2002 - some pictures !!


winddy1
06-10-2002, 02:11 PM
OK -

Pictures !!

And, by the way,
we could not have asked for a better weekend.

It was absolutely gorgeous.

SUCCESS !!

Ok, so, well my first picture is of Flash.

Hey - this was his first track event ...
And, yes, this is before he got

DIRTY !!!!

oh my gosh, wait til you see how dirty !!:eek: :eek: :eek:

winddy1
06-10-2002, 02:36 PM
Picture # 2 -


:eek:


:eek:


that is our son Tom's signature in them wheels ....

He drove during touring with Tim by his side -
and did an excellant job !! But he is not the one who got these wheels that dirty ...

it was Tim and I !!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

winddy1
06-10-2002, 02:41 PM
Car #23
Dean Smeltzer


THANK YOU !! Thank you !! Thank you !!

wow !!

What a weekend !!

Thank you for your hard work -
a great big thank you also goes to Annette (his wife)....
she was running around huffing and puffing and probably worked harder than any of us... Even though she isn't into this like we are -- she was still there for us !!

Thank you Annette !!!

:thumbsup: :bounce:

winddy1
06-10-2002, 03:18 PM
Another Cobra and driver pair that deserve
recognition this weekend !!

Thomas and Mike - great job !!

Awesome car !!

vrtical
06-10-2002, 04:34 PM
more pics thanks to Dave Warnke.

vrtical
06-10-2002, 04:35 PM
more...

vrtical
06-10-2002, 04:40 PM
3

vrtical
06-10-2002, 04:41 PM
4

vrtical
06-10-2002, 04:42 PM
5

vrtical
06-10-2002, 04:42 PM
6

vrtical
06-10-2002, 04:43 PM
7

vrtical
06-10-2002, 04:44 PM
8

98banana
06-10-2002, 08:26 PM
Okay, I did a horrible job on pictures and videos this time around since I actually had a car to drive. So, all I have to post here is pictures of my new car in action...

98banana
06-10-2002, 08:27 PM
and this one...

sn8kbit
06-10-2002, 10:48 PM
congrats on the new car tom, bet it's hard getting used to a car that has body roll again, huh? :rotf:

Poisoned Pony
06-10-2002, 11:02 PM
looks like fun :thumbsup: one of these years I wanna go, damn school! :mad:

scocher
06-11-2002, 12:12 AM
Those were some incredible pics!!! :bounce: :bounce: The thing that intrigued me was that track looks like it's in the middle of a cow pasture!!! :eek: :p :jawdrop: I bet that was a totally awesome :cool: :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce: weekend!! One of these days......:thumbsup:

tgentry
06-11-2002, 01:16 AM
I thought there should be a nice picture of our fearless leader Dean on track in his #23 Cobra R...
http://bardogs.ameranet.com/MISC/Tom%20and%20Dean.jpg

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Dean95CobraR
06-11-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by tgentry
I thought there should be a nice picture of our fearless leader Dean on track in his #23 Cobra R...
http://bardogs.ameranet.com/MISC/Tom%20and%20Dean.jpg

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


ROTLMAO!! I wondered when that photo would show up.

I personally think someone put my numbers on another white Cobra with Photoshop. It looks doctored! :D

Dean95CobraR
06-11-2002, 02:06 AM
Here's one.

Dean95CobraR
06-11-2002, 02:07 AM
and another.

Dean95CobraR
06-11-2002, 02:10 AM
Here's Wayne Carpenter's Bullit.
The sign says "SVT Wannabe" :thumbsup:

winddy1
06-11-2002, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by vrtical ===========






Hey Doug -

I didn't know you live in Naperville -

thats just about 20 minutes from us!!

How about if you join up with us at the Victor Ford show in July ? ?

Your Perf. Red GT will fit in nicely ... !!

Hpe you had fun at Gingerman - you looked like you were doing quite well !!:thumbsup: :bounce:

winddy1
06-11-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by 98banana
Okay, I did a horrible job on pictures and videos this time around since I actually had a car to drive. So, all I have to post here is pictures of my new car in action...

===============



Hey Tom -

do you like this one?


Thats way back ......



I mean way back ..... when it was NEW !!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce:

winddy1
06-11-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Poisoned Pony
looks like fun :thumbsup: one of these years I wanna go, damn school! :mad:

===================



well........

school ain't that bad ...

cuz, after all, we were at "school" ...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ;) ;)

:thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce:

Perf. Driving School !!!

winddy1
06-11-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by scocher
Those were some incredible pics!!! :bounce: :bounce: The thing that intrigued me was that track looks like it's in the middle of a cow pasture!!! :eek: :p :jawdrop: I bet that was a totally awesome :cool: :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce: weekend!! One of these days......:thumbsup:

=================



um,


well,

it sort of was !!
It was beautiful ...

There were a few churches in the area as well ...

had to be quiet between 10 and 12 on Sunday !!

That's alright by me !!

winddy1
06-11-2002, 09:32 AM
Guess who --

during the touring lap ....
:burnout:

(sheesh, I meant to take that plate off !!) :mad: :mad: :mad:

98banana
06-11-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by winddy1


===============



Hey Tom -

do you like this one?


Thats way back ......



I mean way back ..... when it was NEW !!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce:

That is a very cool picture!!! :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
06-11-2002, 11:45 AM
Hmm..... SVT Focus, Snake food! Tastes like chicken..........lol. :rotf:

winddy1
06-11-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Hmm..... SVT Focus, Snake food! Tastes like chicken..........lol. :rotf:


===============



well....

this one is a chili pepper -

I hear that snakes love red hot chili pepper !!

The hotter the better !!:mad: :bounce: :thumbsup:

98banana
06-11-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Hmm..... SVT Focus, Snake food! Tastes like chicken..........lol. :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: Yeah, but the snake's gotta catch the food first!

tgentry
06-11-2002, 01:07 PM
We know some snakes can catch Chili-Peppers. :D

Once you mount a set of Hoosiers all bets are off, though!

98banana
06-11-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by tgentry
We know some snakes can catch Chili-Peppers. :D

Once you mount a set of Hoosiers all bets are off, though!

Actually, I think all cobras caught me out there. That's why I was wishing Tony was there. Then, at least I could have passed somebody that was actually trying! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

winddy1
06-11-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by 98banana


Actually, I think all cobras caught me out there. That's why I was wishing Tony was there. Then, at least I could have passed somebody that was actually trying! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:



====================



hmmmmmm,

do I feel the earth shaking ??????


or,

were them flames ????

:rolleyes: :doubt:

tgentry
06-11-2002, 01:17 PM
Tony, it seems the gauntlet has been thrown! :starwars:

I know you'll carry the Cobra banner into battle proudly.:burnout:

cobrabitn
06-11-2002, 02:29 PM
Let him have his fun. At least he got the right color. BTW Tom L, I'll see you in the Fall at the DRAGSTRIP! Ha ha..... stuipid lil Focus!

winddy1
06-11-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Let him have his fun. At least he got the right color. BTW Tom L, I'll see you in the Fall at the DRAGSTRIP! Ha ha..... stuipid lil Focus!

===============




well,

at least this time you don't have so far to have to kick ..........


:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

vrtical
06-11-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by winddy1

Hey Doug -

I didn't know you live in Naperville -

thats just about 20 minutes from us!!

How about if you join up with us at the Victor Ford show in July ? ?

Your Perf. Red GT will fit in nicely ... !!

Hpe you had fun at Gingerman - you looked like you were doing quite well !!:thumbsup: :bounce:

Yep planning on it, we should have a bunch of cars from my club also. Hey, Ford night downtown Elmhurst is June 19th. We should have a boat load of cars there for that.

Dean95CobraR
06-11-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by 98banana


Actually, I think all cobras caught me out there. That's why I was wishing Tony was there. Then, at least I could have passed somebody that was actually trying! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


:thumbsup: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

scocher
06-11-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Hmm..... SVT Focus, Snake food! Tastes like chicken..........lol. :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

98banana
06-11-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Let him have his fun. At least he got the right color. BTW Tom L, I'll see you in the Fall at the DRAGSTRIP! Ha ha..... stuipid lil Focus!

I actually like the color. It's a perfect base for a pair of yellow rally stripes! :thumbsup:

And there's no way I'm bringing that thing to the drag strip with a bunch of v8's! I'd be laughed out of the place...:eek:

winddy1
06-11-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by 98banana


I actually like the color. It's a perfect base for a pair of yellow rally stripes! :thumbsup:

And there's no way I'm bringing that thing to the drag strip with a bunch of v8's! I'd be laughed out of the place...:eek:

=====================




now Tom,

what has happened to your confidence?


Did you leave it up here in Michigan ???

;) :D :rolleyes:

tgentry
06-11-2002, 03:49 PM
OK, who changed my profile while I wasn't looking??? "The slower color changer"

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Big Daddy
06-11-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by tgentry
OK, who changed my profile while I wasn't looking??? "The slower color changer"

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


You have got to be carefull around here!! Funny things happen when ya aren't looking! :D :D ;)

scocher
06-11-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by tgentry
OK, who changed my profile while I wasn't looking??? "The slower color changer"

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I don't know about your profile, but I doo like your sig line: "Life is too short to drive boring cars!" :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

STU
06-11-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by scocher


I don't know about your profile, but I doo like your sig line: "Life is too short to drive boring cars!"

haha....Tom has a patent on that sig line.

winddy1
06-11-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by vrtical


Yep planning on it, we should have a bunch of cars from my club also. Hey, Ford night downtown Elmhurst is June 19th. We should have a boat load of cars there for that.

====================



we won't be able to come Dave ...


this seems to happen to us every year ..... something to do on the Ford nights ..

but this is important ..

our daughter and her new husband are flying in from California on Friday night !!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:


Do you know of any other Ford cruise nights in the area ...

Were kind of out of it this year with our daughters wedding ....

You going to join us on Saturday the 13th for the dinner and the cruise ??

do you need more info ??

tgentry
06-12-2002, 09:41 AM
Thanks, I've had that sig line longer than I can remember (certainly longer than my Cobra).

97whitevert
06-12-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by winddy1
Picture # 2 -


:eek:


:eek:


that is our son Tom's signature in them wheels ....

He drove during touring with Tim by his side -
and did an excellant job !! But he is not the one who got these wheels that dirty ...

it was Tim and I !!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

and doo you know how HARD it ws to keep bonny from washing it immediately???!?!!??!!?!?:eek: :rotf: :rotf:

winddy1
06-13-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by 97whitevert


and doo you know how HARD it ws to keep bonny from washing it immediately???!?!!??!!?!?:eek: :rotf: :rotf:

================================





sheeeesh --




now I know why I was having dizzy spells Sunday afternoon ....



:eek: :eek: :eek:



dirt withdrawals !!! I said DIRT !!!!!




:jawdrop:

johnbasf
06-13-2002, 07:57 PM
A few more,

johnbasf
06-13-2002, 07:58 PM
Big C

johnbasf
06-13-2002, 08:00 PM
Poolman,

johnbasf
06-13-2002, 08:01 PM
me,

johnbasf
06-13-2002, 08:02 PM
Ken, I hope I got the name right.

winddy1
06-13-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
Big C

=====================



great pictures John !!

Thanks for sharing them with me !!


Hey

Big C


we hope you had fun !!

:thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce:

It was great seeing all of you again ,

and meeting some of you for the first time !!

97whitevert
06-13-2002, 10:30 PM
Cool pics John!!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

and Bonny-- yup he had fun!! and is hard at work on a track car......:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

97whitevert
06-13-2002, 11:13 PM
yup john it is Ken!! and here is another, ( the ONLY hehe time the R was in front of us!!!!)

97whitevert
06-13-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by 97whitevert
yup john it is Ken!! and here is another, ( the ONLY hehe time the R was in front of us!!!!)

hmm pic didn't load.. i'll try again....

97whitevert
06-13-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by 97whitevert


hmm pic didn't load.. i'll try again....

bummer it not working.......:confused: :confused: :confused:

NJ2000R
06-14-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by johnbasf
Ken, I hope I got the name right.

Hi John!

yep, thats me! ;)

next time I'll take ya for a full-speed ride, not just a touring ride :thumbsup:

Its tuff though when you're in the same class....butt I'm sure we'll figure something out :cool:

Mrs. Banana
06-14-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by johnbasf
me,
Hey, John, here's another one of you!

winddy1
06-14-2002, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mrs. Banana
[B]


==========================




I love your signature Janis !!


that's a good one !!


:bounce: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolleyes: ;) :D :cool:

97whitevert
06-14-2002, 09:55 AM
if it doesn't work this time..... i'll give up....

Mrs. Banana
06-14-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by winddy1
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mrs. Banana
[B]


==========================




I love your signature Janis !!


that's a good one !!


:bounce: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolleyes: ;) :D :cool:
:rotf: Well, you know, one must always be upfront with the truth! :rotf: :rotf:

winddy1
06-14-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by 97whitevert
Cool pics John!!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

and Bonny-- yup he had fun!! and is hard at work on a track car......:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

====================



hmmmmm,,


what bee it ???

:confused: :confused:

winddy1
06-14-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Mrs. Banana

:rotf: Well, you know, one must always be upfront with the truth! :rotf: :rotf:

===========================




yes -

we must mustn't we ???????


Therefore, all them cars you see down there ....


psssssssssssssssssst there really mine - each and every one of them knows they belong to me.... ah, that is when it comes to making them clean and shiny !!



When it's time for repairs





they belong to Tim !!! Hi Tim !!!!

:thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce: :rolleyes: ;)

97whitevert
06-14-2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by winddy1


====================



hmmmmm,,


what bee it ???

:confused: :confused:

shhhhhh---- top secret info......;) ;) ;)

winddy1
06-14-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by 97whitevert


shhhhhh---- top secret info......;) ;) ;)

===============


ah,




o ke do ke .....



i think

:doubt:

97whitevert
06-14-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by winddy1


===============


ah,




o ke do ke .....



i think

:doubt:


don't worry... you will be told... when it's final....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: butt until then......

winddy1
06-14-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by 97whitevert



don't worry... you will be told... when it's final....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: butt until then......

=====================


can I bee guesssing in the mean time ... ???


:confused: :confused:

winddy1
06-14-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by 97whitevert
if it doesn't work this time..... i'll give up....



=============


thats cool Lisa !!


I have the same picture of Bully on the track in October --

chasing down a Cobra R in the same spot ....

now,

what did I doo with that one??

97whitevert
06-14-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by winddy1


=====================


can I bee guesssing in the mean time ... ???


:confused: :confused:

yup-- sure, go ahead!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

winddy1
06-14-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by 97whitevert


yup-- sure, go ahead!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

=============


I know,
I know -

your turning the Cougar into a track car?

:confused: :confused:


NOT --

hmmmm -

one of the cars out back ? ? you know, in your yard ...

97whitevert
06-14-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by winddy1


=============


I know,
I know -

your turning the Cougar into a track car?

:confused: :confused:


NOT --

hmmmm -

one of the cars out back ? ? you know, in your yard ...

nope and nope......:rotf:

johnbasf
06-14-2002, 09:27 PM
Hey Janis, nice pic!!! Great to have you on here. Maybe next time I can ride with you at SPEED on the track. :D :D

Mrs. Banana
06-14-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
Hey Janis, nice pic!!! Great to have you on here. Maybe next time I can ride with you at SPEED on the track. :D :D
You've got a deal! I love to ride shotgun! Except I do tend to giggle. Did you ever see this pic from CMP in March?

johnbasf
06-14-2002, 10:04 PM
I want to ride shotgun with you driving!!!! Thanks for the pic.

winddy1
06-17-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by 97whitevert


nope and nope......:rotf:

==============================



your turning Stryker into your track car!

:confused: :confused: :doubt: :doubt:

winddy1
06-17-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by 97whitevert


nope and nope......:rotf:

======================



you bought a '99?:confused: :confused:

97whitevert
06-17-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by winddy1


======================



you bought a '99?:confused: :confused:

nope.......

97whitevert
06-17-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by winddy1


==============================



your turning Stryker into your track car!

:confused: :confused: :doubt: :doubt:


hmmmmmm........:D :D

winddy1
06-17-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by 97whitevert



hmmmmmm........:D :D


==================



personally?

I don't blame you ....

It's addictive !!


Stryker needs braces - immediately !!

and, well a few other things ......
gotta make her hug them corners and curves better - but also keep her nice and "tight" .... you know,
no creaks and groans ... no no no ne no ne ..... creaks and groans are a no no!! Your gonna be amazed at the difference and are gonna wish you had done it sooner !!

Must race - must race ...

must drive --- must........

well - you know !!

you got the bug ?? :eek: :jawdrop:


Where'd ya catch it ???? :rolleyes:

Mrs. Banana
06-18-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by johnbasf
I want to ride shotgun with you driving!!!! Thanks for the pic.
I just don't know what to say to that. Driving on the track sounds fun. But I don't know. I can take it or leave it. And right now I'm happy leaving it up to you guys to do the driving and me to do the riding and giggling.

bolt-on
06-18-2002, 04:45 PM
Last year at GingerMan I was able to stay with Lew all the way around the track. It was the first open track event for both of us and in the no passing Group D, I had a blast just trying to stay even with Lew's 95 Cobra R. This year Lew passed me every session in Group C! Must be those chrome wheels. I tried to tell Lew that I must have forgotten to reattach some plug wires, but he wasn't buying that :D . Lew is FAST :thumbsup: !

winddy1
06-18-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by bolt-on
Last year at GingerMan I was able to stay with Lew all the way around the track. It was the first open track event for both of us and in the no passing Group D, I had a blast just trying to stay even with Lew's 95 Cobra R. This year Lew passed me every session in Group C! Must be those chrome wheels. I tried to tell Lew that I must have forgotten to reattach some plug wires, but he wasn't buying that :D . Lew is FAST :thumbsup: !


====================



Yes Lew is very good !!

good job !!

and yes -


them Cobra R's are awesome ...

We would like to get one some day !!

:bounce: :bounce:

bolt-on
06-18-2002, 10:14 PM
There was supposed to be an attachment, a picture of Lew and his machine, but the computer froze when trying to upload. No problem with the picture of Dean's birthday cake; same format??

drudis
07-05-2002, 02:07 PM
Greate pictures. I didnt have time to shoot any that day, as I was hopping from one car to another...

Got pictures of my own on my website of my "going wide on turn 11..." www.dariusrudis.com

p.s. There is another event there with www.saac-mcr.com/events on monday July 29th, 2002. See me for details.