PDA

View Full Version : clutch peddle noise and other noises maybe related

temjin9876
06-13-2002, 12:45 AM
A month or two ago, i was at a light when I heard a resonating whirring noise. I moved my foot which was on the clutch out and heard and felt a squeaky noise in the peddle. I started pushing it in out and out and it kinda "worked out" the noise. It only happens sometimes but still reocccurs to this day.

I thought it might be my clutch cable so I bought a 94-98 adjustable clutch quadrant/firewall adjuster/adjustable clutch cable kit from steeda (who were VERY snotty by the way). It came and I got it installed. At first, the pedal felt heavier and grainier but I assumed the noise would be gone....wrong. It still happens at lights when my foot has the clutch engaged and I am sitting in first. What is further complicating my observation of the symptoms is the new quadrant and adjustable cable. It is making the pedal feel grainy most of the time...

anyone else ever had this whirring noise before??

thnx

temjin9876
06-13-2002, 12:50 AM
forgot the rest of the story:)

dont know if it is related but:

there is a creaking sound in my floor around the tranny that occurs. I had my mechanic check out the transmission mounts but they were fine. Also, when I start my car from a little rest, there is a clinging or ringing that gets faster as rpm's climb, it goes away eventually....but you know how it is when your baby makes any noises

thanx again and sorry for the length:D

Snake98
06-13-2002, 03:14 AM
I have the same creaking sound coming from the tranny/floorboard area that usually happens when I accelerate. As I drive around for a few miles it goes away, but returns the next day after sitting overnight.....weird. Anyways I am gonna try lubricating all of my bushings and see if that solves it. But if you figure it out, please let me know what it was. thanks -Rob

temjin9876
06-13-2002, 10:58 AM
that sounds exactly like mine..in the morning when i pull her out of the garage, it will creak but pretty much stops after that