PDA

View Full Version : Summit


johnbasf
06-17-2002, 09:37 PM
Who's all going to Summit Pt. this weekend? Driving or spectating? I am going up early Sat. morning. Bryan, save that camera mount for my camera. Let's go lend support for our SCMC'ers. I know a bunch are going on the mountain cruise so I'll take pics and videos.

98banana
06-17-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
Who's all going to Summit Pt. this weekend? Driving or spectating? I am going up early Sat. morning. Bryan, save that camera mount for my camera. Let's go lend support for our SCMC'ers. I know a bunch are going on the mountain cruise so I'll take pics and videos.

Jimmy and I will be there driving the Focus both days. Well, I'll be driving, he'll be watching. We'll be "roughing it" in the tent for a change.

There's a few surprises in store for the Focus this weekend that should make it a real contender in the Super Advanced group. Looking forward to it, big time!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

rshelbygt
06-17-2002, 11:58 PM
My wife and I will be heading up there to watch the races. We're leaving Charlotte on Friday (not exactly sure of the time yet). Don (SIUNARA) and his wife will be making the trip down from State College, PA to watch as well. We are all tent camping also.

Can't wait!!!:thumbsup:

svt_coupe
06-18-2002, 12:31 AM
I'll be leaving with Tom and Jason from Charlotte sometime around 12 or 1... maybe sooner depending on everyone's flexibility.

John - I'll keep it open for you. One of the days, I want to use my roommates digital camera so we can send it to Rob and he can burn it... But for the trip up, that's the LEAST I could do for you...

:D

rshelbygt
06-18-2002, 12:33 AM
Bryan...Robin and I will have the car packed and be ready to head to Summit Thursday night...so anytime on Friday is fine with us. --Jason

johnbasf
06-18-2002, 07:07 AM
Bryan, mine is digital. I can send it to Rob also. See you all Sat.

98banana
06-18-2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by rshelbygt
Bryan...Robin and I will have the car packed and be ready to head to Summit Thursday night...so anytime on Friday is fine with us. --Jason

Us'ns too. I'm planning on taking Friday off (I should probably tell my boss that) so I can leave pretty early also. Factor in about 1.5 hours to get to Charlotte.

Sounds like it's gonna look like a refugee camp with all these tents! :eek:

Mrs. Banana
06-18-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by 98banana


Looking forward to it, big time!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
You guys just remember to save me the shotgun seat for the next event!:D

svt_coupe
06-18-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
Bryan, mine is digital. I can send it to Rob also. See you all Sat.

Did you get a new one?!? SWEEET!!!! Maybe I can get 2 camera mounts and run 2 - one backwards!!! How cool would that be?!?!

Well... I'll pack the truck Thursday night then. Like I said, Friday I'm taking off now so we could leave earlier if we wanted to. That would help with traffic on I-77North. I'd actually prefer that so I can do some last minute things to the car on Friday night.

WOO HOOO!!!

Mrs. Banana
06-18-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by svt_coupe


Did you get a new one?!? SWEEET!!!! Maybe I can get 2 camera mounts and run 2 - one backwards!!! How cool would that be?!?!

Well... I'll pack the truck Thursday night then. Like I said, Friday I'm taking off now so we could leave earlier if we wanted to. That would help with traffic on I-77North. I'd actually prefer that so I can do some last minute things to the car on Friday night.

WOO HOOO!!!
That would be so cool to have one camera facing forward and one backwards! It would be really cool if you could replay it split screen!! Just a thought.

svt_coupe
06-18-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Banana

That would be so cool to have one camera facing forward and one backwards! It would be really cool if you could replay it split screen!! Just a thought.

That's what I was thinking too!! Would make a cool vid if you could edit it!! Hmm.... need to find another camera mount..

98banana
06-18-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by svt_coupe


That's what I was thinking too!! Would make a cool vid if you could edit it!! Hmm.... need to find another camera mount..

Anybody got any ideas of how I can rig a camera mount in the Focus???

SIUNARA
06-18-2002, 03:49 PM
Talk to Jason (rshelbygt), he and one of our other buddies rigged a camera mount that worked in his 01 GT and in my 95 Cobra...it was pretty sweet...and he made it himself!! He may be able to get something going for you Tom...and maybe for you too Bryan.

Now if we can rig a brake cam...or one coming from underneath the rear of the car like on the Winston Cup cars...I'll donate my camera too!!! ;) :D

svt_coupe
06-18-2002, 03:56 PM
Actually, that would be a really cool idea!! I wonder how hard that would be to setup safely. There's just not that much room down there by the feet. Although, I guess you could always zoom in... Digital cameras are pretty good at light adjustments...

98banana
06-18-2002, 04:03 PM
I think I'll just go ahead and put in a full cage between now and Saturday to hold the camera. :D

svt_coupe
06-18-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by 98banana
I think I'll just go ahead and put in a full cage between now and Saturday to hold the camera. :D

Wouldn't surprise me in the least... :D :D

Mrs. Banana
06-18-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by 98banana
I think I'll just go ahead and put in a full cage between now and Saturday to hold the camera. :D
I would laugh and think you are kidding, but you scare me sometimes!;)

98banana
06-18-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by svt_coupe


Wouldn't surprise me in the least... :D :D

:rotf: :rotf: Don't think I haven't thought about it either. I just don't think I can get the 1.5" DOM tubing and a die for the tubing bender in time. :rotf: :rotf:

98banana
06-18-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Banana

I would laugh and think you are kidding, but you scare me sometimes!;)

Well, it's your car, so I guess I would ask you first...:grinangel

SIUNARA
06-18-2002, 05:16 PM
Not much room by your feet??? When I said brake cam...I meant outside the car...by the front rotor...so we can see them glowing as you brake before turns 1 and 8!!!!!!

YEAH BUDDY!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :D :D

SIUNARA
06-18-2002, 05:21 PM
OOPPS :confused:

I forgot you already ran at CMP...that's the turns 1 and 8 I was thinking of...any good braking zones at Summitt?

johnbasf
06-18-2002, 08:03 PM
Bryan, it's the same camera as last time. If you are serious I'll bring my mount and we'll put two in there. I just made you a copy of the first race so you could see it. Rob told me to send it out but I just forgot. (old age) I did send him a VHS copy though. See you guys Sat morning!!!!

svt_coupe
06-19-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by SIUNARA
Not much room by your feet??? When I said brake cam...I meant outside the car...by the front rotor...so we can see them glowing as you brake before turns 1 and 8!!!!!!

YEAH BUDDY!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :D :D

LOL... oops... :rolleyes:

John - do you have one of those roll cage camera mounts? If it isn't too much of a pain in the arse, bring it!!

johnbasf
06-20-2002, 06:49 AM
NP Bryan, I'll bring it.

justagt
06-20-2002, 11:05 AM
Does that mean I'll get mine back now?? :D

Kidding, use both of them. What would I do, get video of my car looking out of the garage? You should set one up looking out the front and then set one up the tape your hands and feet (please don't get you mug in it) or out the back to show Pantas coming up to pass you. :)

98banana
06-20-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by justagt
Does that mean I'll get mine back now?? :D

Kidding, use both of them. What would I do, get video of my car looking out of the garage? You should set one up looking out the front and then set one up the tape your hands and feet (please don't get you mug in it) or out the back to show Pantas coming up to pass you. :)

I'll have mine there also. You can have 3 cameras running!:bounce: Put one on the a-pillar zoomed into your face! Get to see those facial expressions. :thumbsup:

justagt
06-20-2002, 11:38 AM
... And watch the huge mellon bounce from side to side .


Wait, I have no room to talk.

svt_coupe
06-20-2002, 12:15 PM
3!!!!! Think of all that weight!!!!! :D :D

johnbasf
06-20-2002, 05:40 PM
We should put one in B-tones car.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: