PDA

View Full Version : First post...

Calvin_1976
06-18-2002, 10:19 PM
I met johnbasf at the auto-x in Winston-Salem May 19th and he told me to check out this message board and club. I know its been awhile but work has been kicking my rear end and I thought I would finally drop in and leave a hello.

johnbasf
06-18-2002, 10:31 PM
Hey bud, I was wondering where you were. The big question is, did you join the club???? I hope so, it's a great place to hang. You should post a pic of your car, I like the stripes. Did you go to Danville??

SIUNARA
06-18-2002, 11:10 PM
Welcome to the board! I see you have a White 95 Cobra as well...very cool!! You should join the club if you haven't already...I just joined and am very glad I did. The people are GREAT!!! :) :)

sn8kbit
06-18-2002, 11:13 PM
welcome to the boards! :thumbsup:

97whitevert
06-18-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by sn8kbit
welcome to the boards! :thumbsup:

yeah what they said!! and white a very good color to have!!!!

redsnake99
06-18-2002, 11:20 PM
Welcome to our obsession. Good therapy, lots of laughs, will make you want to spend more time than you ought to on the keyboards.

May also be responsible for making you want to spend more money than you ought to, but what the hey? You could be out drinkin' and carousin' and gettin into trouble.

:D

98banana
06-19-2002, 08:06 AM
Welcome Calvin!

Do you autoX much? Now that I have a perfect autoX car, I think I want to try it out sometime...

Calvin_1976
06-19-2002, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the hellos. Most other boards dont have members that welcome people.

:bounce:

http://satcom.dns2go.com/~jheywood/pics/car9notag.jpg

johnbasf:
I plan to join as soon as I get back to work so I can print the form and mail it. I didnt goto Danville. About the only time I have had lately for anything other than work was to put the PHB in a couple weekends ago.

98banana:
I autox as much as possible. Right now I am trying to plan on an event July 14th at the Greensboro Coliseum and July 27th in Asheville. If I can make the Asheville event that will be my 3rd NCAC event and I would qualify to place in a state event. Right now I am to slow to make it into the top three though, but I am working on it. Seat time is what I need most so I goto events where ever I can.

98banana
06-19-2002, 08:45 AM
Let me know when you go to another one, I may join up with you.

As you may have seen in other posts on this forum, I crashed my Cobra at Road Atlanta, so I'm playing with the Focus until the banana gets rebuilt. So, the Focus will be the car for the AutoX events. I keep hearing that it's a good car for it.

Calvin_1976
06-19-2002, 09:10 AM
Is that picture showing up?

I will let you know within a week or so. I have to put in for a couple days off but plan to make both of those events if I can. Sorry to hear about the Cobra. Good to see you walked away ok though. The Focus should be a blast. I will see if I can figure out what class its in if you dont know yet. If you havent mod'd to much you should be able to run stock. Hell it will probably pull faster times than my car.

98banana
06-19-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Calvin_1976
Is that picture showing up?
Yeap.

I will let you know within a week or so. I have to put in for a couple days off but plan to make both of those events if I can. Sorry to hear about the Cobra. Good to see you walked away ok though. The Focus should be a blast. I will see if I can figure out what class its in if you dont know yet. If you havent mod'd to much you should be able to run stock. Hell it will probably pull faster times than my car.
Cool. The car is completely stock. I did just buy a set of wheels and sticky tires for the track, but I probably wouldn't use them in an AutoX.

And the car may be faster, but I would guarantee that I'm not. I'm used to taking it fairly easy on the track with time between turns to think about it. AutoX looks like a very quick sport. Looks completely different from Road Course driving. Also looks like fun...

Calvin_1976
06-19-2002, 10:59 AM
It is alot of fun. So far I only have about 1/2 season experience. You really have to learn to read the cones and look far enough down course to stay setup for your line (my biggest problem). If I am staying between the cones and facing the correct direction but feel out of control I know I am having a decent run.

kevin
06-19-2002, 11:11 AM
welcome calvin:thumbsup:

you'll find a good bunch (hey tom:D ) of people here.

interesting pic of your car. hiding the license plate from someone in particular?:eek: :D

Calvin_1976
06-19-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by kevin
welcome calvin:thumbsup:

you'll find a good bunch (hey tom:D ) of people here.

interesting pic of your car. hiding the license plate from someone in particular?:eek: :D

Not hiding it from anyone in particular just omiting it on purpose. That pic is old (pre suspension upgrades) I really need to buy my own digital camera.

svt_coupe
06-19-2002, 11:29 AM
yeah... what they said. Welcome!!

cobrabitn
06-19-2002, 11:46 AM
Siunara,

You did join! I just didn't know your name but now I do, Don....lol. You also confused me with the Bellafonte, PA and the State College, PA signature. You must like to stay incognito, huh? ;) Anyway, welcome aboard and I hope you got your SCMC packet by now?

Calvin,

If you like to show your car too then come to our cruise ins June 29, 2002 and get caught up on what is going on in the club. We are going on a mountain cruise this weekend, while others are going to Summitt Point. A lot to do in this area. Always look forward to getting new members. :)

Calvin_1976
06-19-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Siunara,

You did join! I just didn't know your name but now I do, Don....lol. You also confused me with the Bellafonte, PA and the State College, PA signature. You must like to stay incognito, huh? ;) Anyway, welcome aboard and I hope you got your SCMC packet by now?

Calvin,

If you like to show your car too then come to our cruise ins June 29, 2002 and get caught up on what is going on in the club. We are going on a mountain cruise this weekend, while others are going to Summitt Point. A lot to do in this area. Always look forward to getting new members. :)

I never have really be into car shows, but thank you for the invite. I will probably be under the car for the next few weekends making some adjustments and getting ready for two events next month.

Big Daddy
06-19-2002, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the hellos. Most other boards dont have members that welcome people.

:bounce:

http://satcom.dns2go.com/~jheywood/pics/car9notag.jpg

johnbasf:
I plan to join as soon as I get back to work so I can print the form and mail it. I didnt goto Danville. About the only time I have had lately for anything other than work was to put the PHB in a couple weekends ago.

98banana:
I autox as much as possible. Right now I am trying to plan on an event July 14th at the Greensboro Coliseum and July 27th in Asheville. If I can make the Asheville event that will be my 3rd NCAC event and I would qualify to place in a state event. Right now I am to slow to make it into the top three though, but I am working on it. Seat time is what I need most so I goto events where ever I can.

Welcome to the club! I live in Asheville and I would love to come to the event that you mentioned. Please send me some info on it if you get a chance. Maybe we can get together while your up here. :D

Calvin_1976
06-19-2002, 02:31 PM
Check out http://www.main.nc.us/HSCC/schedule.htm and look for JULY 27TH Bele Chere Auto-x, Downtown Asheville. I am headed up there with a friend of mine that grew up in Hendersonville. Send me an email at jheywood@nc.rr.com and I will let you know when and where I will be.

SIUNARA
06-19-2002, 03:45 PM
Cobrabitn,

Yup...got my packet...thank you!! As for my address...I actually live in Zion, Pa...which is about 8 miles outside State College...but have a Bellefonte address...I figured people would recognize State College before they would recognize the other two...so I put that for my signature. :)