PDA

View Full Version : Just joined the club!

JBejarano
06-19-2002, 11:07 PM
Just wanted to say hi to everybody, I'm new to the club and cant wait for all the fun! :D :thumbsup:

97whitevert
06-19-2002, 11:26 PM
hi and welcome!! be sure you head to the lounge for relaxation....:thumbsup:

sn8kbit
06-19-2002, 11:50 PM
welcome to the board and the club...:thumbsup:

Dean95CobraR
06-20-2002, 12:11 AM
Welcome!! Glad you joined and found our little piece of the net.

So what kind of things do you like to do with your Cobra? Shows, autocross, drags, opentracking...etc....etc..?:thumbsup:

JBejarano
06-20-2002, 12:13 AM
As of yet, I havent done too much but the occasional street race. However, my cousin is trying to get me to do some Auto X'ing. Looks pretty fun, but I havent done a single thing as far as suspension goes, so I have a long way to go. I would love to enter it in some car shows, but again, have many things that I need to do. Having bought it used, it has quite a few nicks and scratches, they arent terribly bad, but I would still like to have it touched up or something.

While I'm on the topic of suspension, what should I get??? I've been told to lower it, but I'm kind of nervous about that being that as it is, with the stock ride height, I scrape the U clamps from the exhaust on some dips that I have to go through almost everyday, plue I plan to add the 2KR splitter, so that would make it that much worse for the times that I drove with it on. Anyhow, any suggestions on what to do?? :confused:

cobrabitn
06-20-2002, 12:00 PM
Jose,

Let me get you started on getting in touch with Mike with our South Central Chapter. They are having a meeting this month.

Send an e-mail to this address:
southcentralcobras-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Our Houston Show is in September and they are a great group of people. They communicate everyday!

Welcome to the SCMC. You have a great group down there in TX. ;)

JBejarano
06-20-2002, 11:47 PM
Cool. I have emailed Mike a couple of times. I am on the mailing list, havent been able to get together with them as I am usually working when the good stuff happens :( Hopefully I will be able to hang out with them soon. :D :bounce:

97Whitesnake
06-23-2002, 02:47 PM
Welcome to the club Jose. I knew a Bejarano back when I was in the Army. He was a pretty crazy guy! Hope you enjoy the club.:thumbsup:

JBejarano
06-23-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by 97Whitesnake
Welcome to the club Jose. I knew a Bejarano back when I was in the Army. He was a pretty crazy guy! Hope you enjoy the club.:thumbsup:

Thanks man! How are those 4.10's working for you? That is, mpg? And do you do mainly highway or city driving? I've been wanting to get gears, I've been leaning towards 3.73's since I do a lot of highway driving. (My dad keeps saying to go with 3.55's but even I know that wont do anything for me except waste my money) ;)

(oh yeah, the Bejarano you knew, was his name Carlos?)

Big Daddy
06-23-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by JBejarano

Thanks man! How are those 4.10's working for you? That is, mpg? And do you do mainly highway or city driving? I've been wanting to get gears, I've been leaning towards 3.73's since I do a lot of highway driving. (My dad keeps saying to go with 3.55's but even I know that wont do anything for me except waste my money) ;)

(oh yeah, the Bejarano you knew, was his name Carlos?)

Welcome aboard I can tell you're going to fit right in!!! This will spark the some hundreth debate on what gears to go with!! :D :D :D ;) I like the 3:73's in mine but it will all depend on what you want to do with the car. If I was big into drag racing I would go with the 4:10's but that's just my HO!! :D ;) I'm sure many others will weigh in on this issue AGAIN! :D :D ;) ;) ;) :thumbsup: :eek:

97Whitesnake
06-23-2002, 09:17 PM
No, his name was Robert. I drive a ton of highway miles and I love the 4.10's. If I were to do it all over agian I would probably go with 4.30's to be honest. I only lost a couple of MPG with the gears but the car really came alive. This is my opinion, I think 3.55's are a waste of money and FOR ME 3.73's are as well. Some of the Road Course junkies prefer the 3.73's because of their shift pionts on the track or something like that. If you want something for the street and maybe the occasional trip to a road course or drag strip then the 4.10 gear is the right way to go. The 3.55's and the 3.73's were and still are more suited to the 5.0 motored cars but our engines love RPM"S. Not sure axactly what my RPM's are on the highway but I'm way under 3000. I'm sure someone can chime in with the exact number. I know a guy in town that drives his Cobra about 80 miles a day and he loves his 4.10's. Hope this helps.
THomas
:)

JBejarano
06-23-2002, 11:34 PM
Cool, thanks Thomas. Sounds like 4.10's are the way to go, being that what I am looking for is street, occasional auto-x and 1/4mi. I guess I can afford to lose a couple of mpg's. ;)
Damn 80 miles a day?? Well, if he can do 4.10s and drive 80mi a day, then I guess its cool for my 20mi a day :thumbsup: