PDA

View Full Version : what brand roll bar?

Calvin_1976
06-25-2002, 09:15 PM
Need some advise. Its getting to the point now that I am starting to toss myself around the car on autox events and I really need to get a harness and roll bar in. I want something that has bolt in harness and cross bars so that both driver and passenger can use a harness. I have been looking at the Autopower race roll bar ATPDH http://www.maximummotorsports.com/autopower.html but I was wondering if there were any other options out there I should check into. I also figure its a good start as the car will end up being an open track car sometime after I dont have to use it as a daily driver. Also keep in mind my current class requires me to have a back seat that functions, I will be installing the bar myself and taking the car in to have it welded later to save money. Thanks! :bounce:

johnbasf
06-25-2002, 09:30 PM
The Autopowr Race Bar is a great piece. I put it in myself but did not put the backseat back in. It's no big deal to put it in after the install.

Calvin_1976
06-25-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
The Autopowr Race Bar is a great piece. I put it in myself but did not put the backseat back in. It's no big deal to put it in after the install.

After seeing your race bar at that autox I have been really wanting to get one. This week or next I have a side job coming up that is going to pay for the bar or Kumho Victoracers. I havent decided yet but am siding on the bar and running the Kumhos next season.

johnbasf
06-25-2002, 09:39 PM
I am going to try to make the Greensboro event. If you need help with the bar let me know. I'll take a pic of the front of the car.:D :D

Calvin_1976
06-25-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
I am going to try to make the Greensboro event. If you need help with the bar let me know. I'll take a pic of the front of the car.:D :D

COOL! :thumbsup: I am planning to be there to use it as a test and tune for the next NCAC event. If the contract goes well and I get paid on time I might have the bar and harness in by then. I still have to install some new brake pads in the front, but I am almost ready for the event. :bounce:

thomasmoran1
07-02-2002, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by Calvin_1976
Need some advise. Its getting to the point now that I am starting to toss myself around the car on autox events and I really need to get a harness and roll bar in. I want something that has bolt in harness and cross bars so that both driver and passenger can use a harness. I have been looking at the Autopower race roll bar ATPDH http://www.maximummotorsports.com/autopower.html but I was wondering if there were any other options out there I should check into. I also figure its a good start as the car will end up being an open track car sometime after I dont have to use it as a daily driver. Also keep in mind my current class requires me to have a back seat that functions, I will be installing the bar myself and taking the car in to have it welded later to save money. Thanks! :bounce:

Calvin, great to hear that you are getting a rollbar put in your car but there is one thing that concerns me. You say that you want to keep the back seat in because the class you race in requires it. What ever you do please don't put a passenger in the back seat with a rollbar installed, the reason being that in a crash a person in the back seat is very likely to hit their head on the rollbar. This can cause serious head trama to someone who in most cases would have walked away from a crash. I learned this peice of advice from my rollcage builder and I now pass it onto anyone that has a rollbar in there street car.

Talk to you soon
Thomas

Calvin_1976
07-02-2002, 08:53 AM
The bar is on hold for awhile. I still have to get other things fixed. But I hear ya. Even with pads I dont plan to let anyone sit in the back. Hell only two people sat in the back and both said never again lol. :bounce: