PDA

View Full Version : New 2000 Cobra R member joined today

cobrabitn
06-26-2002, 02:29 PM
We have a new 2000 Cobra R member today..... #46. Sorry, you'll have to wait for the wekly update for more information. How many do we have now, about 7 or 8? :tomcat:

NJ2000R
06-26-2002, 02:44 PM
my guess is that'll be Jeremy....we met at the Carlisle All-Ford Nationals....welcome in advance! :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
06-26-2002, 02:51 PM
Your guess be right! :thumbsup:

Dean95CobraR
06-26-2002, 03:10 PM
Good job Ken! :thumbsup:

NJ2000R
06-26-2002, 03:53 PM
I keep plugging!:thumbsup:

This is a great club!

unfortunately, unless ya put the app in their hands, make em fill it out, and collect the dues on the spot, its tuff to get em to follow thru and join :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm gonna set up a tent at Carlisle next may/june, complete with photos from the on-tracks, cruises, and other club events, and and have 'em fill out apps and collect the dues on the spot....I'll need some help though ;) ;) ;)

kevin
06-27-2002, 11:05 AM
welcome jeremy (for when ya get here)

and good going ken:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
06-27-2002, 11:26 AM
Jst name what kind of help you need and we'll see what we can do.

Off the subject here for a sec.... I heard that the Englishtown RC is not that great? Is that true? Do you think we should go somewhere else like upstate NY? Thoughts? :confused:

NJ2000R
06-27-2002, 11:55 AM
well, etown is still under construction, plus I've heard rumors that the scca has looked at it and determined its not 'safe' ??? because its quite compact, and they fear there could be head-on collisions unless walls are constructed, which may be happening....I keep calling and checking on its status, but I'm also looking at, and will be running on two other tracks (watkins glen and pocono) and will have feedback on them so we can have alternatives....

regarding the all-ford nationals at carlisle, all I need are some large photos of our club activities (on-track, drags, cruises, shows, etc) and a few members to help man the booth and brag up the club so we can entice members into joining our club :thumbsup: :D :cool:

Big Daddy
06-27-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by NJ2000R
well, etown is still under construction, plus I've heard rumors that the scca has looked at it and determined its not 'safe' ??? because its quite compact, and they fear there could be head-on collisions unless walls are constructed, which may be happening....I keep calling and checking on its status, but I'm also looking at, and will be running on two other tracks (watkins glen and pocono) and will have feedback on them so we can have alternatives....

regarding the all-ford nationals at carlisle, all I need are some large photos of our club activities (on-track, drags, cruises, shows, etc) and a few members to help man the booth and brag up the club so we can entice members into joining our club :thumbsup: :D :cool:

Ken,

I'll more than likely be going next year (if my car isn't torn up) with my car in the Kenny Brown booth they are setting up. I would love to help man the SCMC booth! Get me firm dates and I'll put them in the ole outlook calendar

NJ2000R
06-27-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy

Ken,

I'll more than likely be going next year (if my car isn't torn up) with my car in the Kenny Brown booth they are setting up. I would love to help man the SCMC booth! Get me firm dates and I'll put them in the ole outlook calendar

excellent! :thumbsup: is it the 1st year for KB attending the all-ford nationals? I didnt see them at the show before....its well worth them attending, as this is one heck of a show, growing in leaps and bounds each year....its usually the 1st weekend in June, but I'll check and confirm for 2003's date....It's neccessary to make reservations as early as possible also, and I have just the place (2 miles from the show field, indoor pool, free breakfast, not overpriced, etc) so I'll probably get a block of rooms put on hold for club members....

Big Daddy
06-27-2002, 04:03 PM

excellent! :thumbsup: is it the 1st year for KB attending the all-ford nationals? I didnt see them at the show before....its well worth them attending, as this is one heck of a show, growing in leaps and bounds each year....its usually the 1st weekend in June, but I'll check and confirm for 2003's date....It's neccessary to make reservations as early as possible also, and I have just the place (2 miles from the show field, indoor pool, free breakfast, not overpriced, etc) so I'll probably get a block of rooms put on hold for club members....

Yes it will be... They tried to get it together for this year but they couldn't make it happen. I know that they are going next year though. They are also going to try and start making the Food Lion Show in Charlotte at least once a year! :D Even though that show isn't just Fords it is one HUGE car show!! :D Spring show had 4,000 cars, 10,000 vendors and over 125,000 people attend!! NOW THAT'S A CAR SHOW!!! :D ;)

The room deal sounds great! Maybe I can get a bunch of these southern nuts to caravan up there with me and we can do a mini SCMC event! :D

Dean95CobraR
06-27-2002, 05:12 PM

Hey Ken,
Keep me uptodate on this too. It's too far away to commit but if it's open, I'll be there.:thumbsup:

Dean95CobraR
06-27-2002, 05:14 PM

Ken,

I'll more than likely be going next year (if my SS DOO isn't torn up) with my boat in the Kenny Brown booth they are setting up. I would love to help man the SCMC booth! Get me firm dates and I'll put them in the ole outlook calendar

It's a boat show too??:confused: :confused:

The SS Doo!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

NJ2000R
06-27-2002, 05:26 PM
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

now thats some creative editing :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

butt in all seriousness, we should make it an official club mini-meet, like many of the other clubs do....its a terrific way to grab new members and check out all of the show cars, cars for sale, and parts vendors....plus, Ford usually does something good at the show....thats where I got to see the first 2000 R :thumbsup: and this year, the GT40, both the new one, and the 1967 model....along with Ned Jarrett and his 66 Fairlane....and the Ford 100th anniversary, the '03 cobra, and SVT chili pepper....errr, focus....:D :D :D :D

97whitevert
06-27-2002, 05:32 PM

butt in all seriousness, we should make it an official club mini-meet, like many of the other clubs do....its a terrific way to grab new members and check out all of the show cars, cars for sale, and parts vendors....plus, Ford usually does something good at the show....thats where I got to see the first 2000 R :thumbsup: and this year, the GT40, both the new one, and the 1967 model....along with Ned Jarrett and his 66 Fairlane....and the Ford 100th anniversary, the '03 cobra, and SVT chili pepper....errr, focus....:D :D :D :D

sounds like fun!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
06-27-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Dean95CobraR

It's a boat show too??:confused: :confused:

The SS Doo!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Gee Dean and I had adopted YOU as my mentor. Then you go and sell your SNAKE...and NOW you're taking pot shots at me....SOME PEOPLE!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: ;)

Big Daddy
06-27-2002, 06:43 PM

Is that a chili FOCI??? ;) ;) I agree this would be a great event for the club to attend! :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dean95CobraR
06-27-2002, 07:12 PM

Is that a chili FOCI??? ;) ;) I agree this would be a great event for the club to attend! :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I agree with the Skipper. :D

NJ2000R
06-27-2002, 07:53 PM

Gee Dean and I had adopted YOU as my mentor. Then you go and sell your SNAKE...and NOW you're taking pot shots at me....SOME PEOPLE!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: ;)

nobody is safe in here :D :D :D

NJ2000R
06-27-2002, 07:53 PM

97whitevert
06-27-2002, 08:06 PM

nobody is safe in here :D :D :D

nope including you!!!:thumbsup:

NJ2000R
06-28-2002, 08:45 AM
everyone gets theirs eventually :rotf:

Big Daddy
06-28-2002, 08:50 AM

Thanks Gilligan!! ;) :D

Dean95CobraR
06-28-2002, 09:46 AM

Thanks Gilligan!! ;) :D

:what: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

NJ2000R
06-29-2002, 11:49 AM
click here >>> Carlisle All-Ford Nationals 2002 (http://www.superford.org/registry/index.php?vID=1101&fs=1&dni=1&vs0=_1534_&vs1=&vs2=&s1=&s2=&s3=&s4=&s5=&s6=&s7=&s8=&s9=&s10=&s11=&s12=&s13=0&s14=&s15=1820&s16=&s17=&s18=&s19=&s20=)