PDA

View Full Version : Tire Suggestions?

Pete
06-28-2002, 11:18 PM
Time for new buns. Two quick questions. First, any suggestions on brands/models? My car has no major power add-ons, and won't be at the dragstrip. But, I do like to drive fairly aggressive, both in a straight line and (even more) in the twisties. I'd like a good balance between grip and longevity (say, at least 15,000 miles).

Second, what's the largest tire I can do on the stock wheels (17x8, I believe) without anything rubbing?

Thanks in advance.

Snake98
06-29-2002, 02:42 AM
I run BFGoodrich G-Force 2's KDWS and i love them....I have no problem hookin it up even with 4.10's in the rear. I have had them for about 3000 miles now and they show almost no wear. I bought them because they had better than average ratings in all catergories including tread life, traction, and wet traction. Also I got them for about $112.00 each through American Tire Depot in CA. I run 245 45 R17's so the price may differ for you....but they are definately worth the price....hope this helps. -Rob

bobh
07-01-2002, 12:07 PM
I have Bridgestone RE730s. Good dry & wet grip. Probably one of the best in the wet. Excellent break away characteristics in the corners.
Only complaint I've heard from others (I didn't see it as a problem) was noise. There's a new GenII version that's supposed to be quieter.
They're pretty cheap, too.
Actually, I usually do my tire shopping by going to TireRack and seeing what performance tires are on sale.

tullamore
07-08-2002, 05:16 PM
I have Kumo Victoracers from the Tire Rack and I was able to run extremely well at Tulsa with them against race prepared cars.