PDA

View Full Version : just for giggles....

sn8kbit
07-06-2002, 07:23 PM
most of ya know my dad picked up a miata last year. after road atlanta the bug has bitten him kinda hard also. i get "turbo?" or "supercharger?" and i keep preaching suspension and brakes.

looks like he's starting on the right path tho, check out the Hard Dog cage he had installed in Winston Salem by Bethania Garage...

sn8kbit
07-06-2002, 07:26 PM
what the heck, one more of it, taken at my wedding last week...

johnbasf
07-06-2002, 07:26 PM
You should both go to CMP in August with NASA!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
07-06-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
You should both go to CMP in August with NASA!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well John if "White Lightning" is up and running I'm planning on being there! :D ;) I have to see Shugg run! :D :D And I've missed so much track time with the car being torn up I'm going to need some really good seat time before Mid America! :D ;) ;)

johnbasf
07-06-2002, 11:15 PM
I hope to see you there BD. CMP is a great track. Lots of technical sections to test your skills. Bring extra brake pads.:D :D

Big Daddy
07-06-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
I hope to see you there BD. CMP is a great track. Lots of technical sections to test your skills. Bring extra brake pads.:D :D

I will!! :D :D AND to keep this on topic...Steve your dad's ride looks cute! :D ;) ;) :jk: The roll cage looks great! :D

thomasmoran1
07-07-2002, 09:47 AM
Steve, is there a place to attach harness' to the rollbar or does it still use the stock belts? Keep pushing the brake and suspension thing too!!!

kevin
07-07-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by sn8kbit
what the heck, one more of it, taken at my wedding last week...

steve, now convice your dad (and others) that's it's really a ford product:D :thumbsup:

keep preaching the hadling and safety stuff first. power's no good if you're hurt

sn8kbit
07-07-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by thomasmoran1
Steve, is there a place to attach harness' to the rollbar or does it still use the stock belts? Keep pushing the brake and suspension thing too!!!

yup, he had harnesses installed also. it's kinda odd, it's more like a six point harness than a five. there are two lower attaching points (called double subs, dunno?), and the others are attached behind the seat, but not to the bar, attached to the frame.
weld quality on the bar is outstanding, that's polished stainless. pricey tho. the guy only does shelbys, miatas, and z-3s...

www.bethania-garage.com/

i also told him that as light as that car is, a set of hoosiers, konis, and better brakes would change how he looks at the car. heck, he hasn't really pushed the car stock, and for such a tiny thing, they are quick....lol maybe i gave him the power bug after road atlanta when he rode with me. maybe i shoulda let him ride with brian....(hehehe :rotf: )

Cobra-R
07-07-2002, 10:23 PM

maybe i gave him the power bug after road atlanta when he rode with me. maybe i shoulda let him ride with brian....(hehehe :rotf: )

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ;) ;) ;) ;) That was totally uncalled for. ;) ;) :D :D :D :D

sn8kbit
07-08-2002, 03:08 PM
it's ok brian, i'll grill up a steak at RA in sep for ya to make up....LOL

Cobra-R
07-08-2002, 09:11 PM
it's ok brian, i'll grill up a steak at RA in sep for ya to make up....LOL

Great!!!! Just as long as there isn't any collateral damage. :( :( :(

sn8kbit
07-08-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Cobra-R

Great!!!! Just as long as there isn't any collateral damage. :( :( :(

what? don't think butt prints would compliment the aerodynamics of the R? LOL

tullamore
07-11-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by kevin steve, now convice your dad (and others) that's it's really a ford product:D :thumbsup:

All you need is some good ford power... Do whatever it takes to drop a 5.0 in there... :D