PDA

View Full Version : Freaky?


SVT X 2
07-07-2002, 01:15 PM
* Do the following exercise, guaranteed to raise an eyebrow.
* There's no trick or surprise.
* Just follow these instructions, and answer the questions one at_a time and as quickly as you can!______
___ * Again, as quickly as you can but don't advance until you've done_ each of them ... really.
* Now, scroll down (but not too fast, you might miss something).
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
Think of a number from 1 to 10
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
Multiply that number by 9
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
If the number is a 2-digit number, add the digits together
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
Now subtract 5
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
Determine which letter in the alphabet corresponds to the number you ended up with
(example: 1=a, 2=b, 3=c,etc.)
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
Think of a country that starts with that letter
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
Remember the last letter of the name of that country
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
Think of the name of an animal that starts with that letter
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
Remember the last letter in the name of that animal
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
Think of the name of a fruit that starts with that letter
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
Are you thinking of a Kangaroo in Denmark eating an Orange?
I told you this was FREAKY!! If not, you're among the 2% of
the population whose minds are different enough to think of something else. 98% of people will answer with kangaroos
in Denmark when given this exercise.
Freaky, huh?
Keep this message going. This one is actually worth sending
on to others. Forward it to people you know so they can find
out if they are usual or unusual.


I'm one of the 2%
\\Tim

Ken 01-Cobra
07-07-2002, 03:44 PM
Me too...

Although it is a trick because any single digit multiplied by 9 and the numbers added together equals 9 so you subtract 5 and get 4=D.

1x9=9-5=4
2x9=18, 8+1=9-5=4
3x9=27,2+7=9-5=4
4x9=36,3+6=9-5=4
etc., etc.

Countries beginning with D:

Democratic Republic Of The Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic.

Or, you might be able to get away with Duetchland.

Ok, so this was more than you needed to know. :D

SVT X 2
07-07-2002, 03:55 PM
Ken,
You're absolutely right...
After I did mine, I went back and did the math to see other possible solutions and figured out you're always gonna end up with 9-5 and end up with a 'D',
It varies after that point.

I picked Deutchland, dog, and a grapefruit.

Ken 01-Cobra
07-07-2002, 10:29 PM
Heheh...yeah, I did Duetchland, dog and grape. <g> Guess that is what 98% of the other 2% do. ;)

SVT X 2
07-07-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Heheh...yeah, I did Duetchland, dog and grape. <g> Guess that is what 98% of the other 2% do. ;)
lol... good call! :thumbsup:

Cobra-R
07-08-2002, 09:38 AM
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I be in the 98%;) ;)

Ken 01-Cobra
07-08-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by SVT X 2
Ken,
You're absolutely right...
After I did mine, I went back and did the math to see other possible solutions and figured out you're always gonna end up with 9-5 and end up with a 'D',
It varies after that point.

I picked Deutchland, dog, and a grapefruit.

I was wondering what other animals one could choose besides Kangaroo if you chose Denmark, and the only ones I could come up with were Kuala and King Cobra. Can you think of any others with a k?

SVT X 2
08-04-2002, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra


I was wondering what other animals one could choose besides Kangaroo if you chose Denmark, and the only ones I could come up with were Kuala and King Cobra. Can you think of any others with a k?
Katydid?? Or is that a flower? :rotf:

Ken 01-Cobra
08-04-2002, 01:16 PM
Nope, it isn't a flower, it is an insect. I guess that would work too. Thanks! :thumbsup: :D

SVT X 2
08-04-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Nope, it isn't a flower, it is an insect. I guess that would work too. Thanks! :thumbsup: :D
THAT's it! I remember from 7th grade science now... hahaha.

You mentioned "King Cobra" which is a "Cobra" or essentially a snake... but if "King was allowed, you could also use "King Crab" & "King Penguin".
A "Krait" is also a snake I believe. I think there's a mink that starts with a K too... Asian mink I think, but had a polish sounding name...

SVT X 2
08-04-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Cobra-R
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I be in the 98%;) ;)
Well what did you pick?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

SVT X 2
08-04-2002, 02:03 PM
Kolinsky! That's what it was!
A mink. Weird name for an "Asian" mink :confused:

Ken 01-Cobra
08-04-2002, 11:15 PM
Yep, I think all of those would work too. Never heard of the Kolinsky though and I thought I had watched everything TLC and the Science Channel had. ;-> I'm impressed! :thumbsup: :D

SVT X 2
08-05-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Yep, I think all of those would work too. Never heard of the Kolinsky though and I thought I had watched everything TLC and the Science Channel had. ;-> I'm impressed! :thumbsup: :D
I love Discovery channel and Animal Planet :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;) ;)