PDA

View Full Version : Would you come to Canada for a open track event???

thomasmoran1
07-08-2002, 01:57 PM
Me and fellow SCMC'er Peter Calvert have been throwing around the idea of holding an open track event up here in Canada. The track that we would hold it on would be mosport, which is just outside of Toronto. The track is similar to Road Atlanta, very fast with lots of elevation changes. For people who are interested I've put a couple of laps on a DVD and if you would like to check it out send me a e-mail with your mailing address and I will sent one out. The only thing that I ask is that you send the DVD to someone else after you view it because the DVD's cost about $6 a disc.

The date we would aim for would be sometime around June-July next year. Again this is far from happening, we just want to get some feed back on weather or not you guys would be interested.

Thanks for your feedback

Thomas Moran

kevin
07-08-2002, 02:04 PM
thomas, unfortuantly june and july are busy for me with vintage racing

thomasmoran1
07-08-2002, 02:22 PM
Sorry to hear that Kevin, do you guys think that an early fall date would be better for all then? Remember that in can snow hear in late September so
keep that in mind. Also would you want to do a 1 or 2 day track event?

Thomas

NJ2000R
07-09-2002, 07:15 AM
I would go! I'm also looking into Pocono, PA and Watkins Glen, NY which arent far for you guys either....keep us posted!

tgentry
07-09-2002, 09:11 AM
I've never really been to Canada. That's reason enough for me to go!:thumbsup:

98RSNK
07-09-2002, 12:45 PM
I would love to come up and try Mosport. June or July would be great, or I'm flexable! I'd like to see a two day event myself. :thumbsup:

97whitevert
07-09-2002, 03:49 PM
sounds cool thomas!! june or july for me too!!!!

Dean95CobraR
07-09-2002, 09:46 PM
You can count me in too!

If we can swing 2 days, let's go for it. I've seen the track on Speedvision and it looks great. :thumbsup:

scjmach1
07-13-2002, 11:20 AM
I would go if you have it. Lets try for two days if you can. It makes the long trip worth it.

thomasmoran1
07-16-2002, 12:08 AM
Ok, here is what Peter and me are thinking of now. Would you be up to doing a Canadian triple challenge??? It would start on Monday at Mosport, then on Wednesday a day at shannonville raceway and finally a track day on Friday at Mount treblant in Quebec. We would organize a SVT support truck from a dealership with spare parts (Brakes, Pads, Fluids ect...) I know that it would take a whole week to do but I bet it would be a blast. Fell free to give any input on what you think.
talk to you soon
Thomas

Big Daddy
07-16-2002, 10:18 AM
Sounds like a blast and I'm interested. It would all depend on when, and what project I'm working on at the time. Also it will depend on what the SCMC is going to do for the national event next year. I am committed to showing up at the national event again next year 'cause I don't want to let Tony down. :D

98RSNK
07-19-2002, 05:21 PM
That sounds great Thomas, I am worried about the entire week. I only get two weeks vacation and commited one of them to Cheryl already. Let's see how it plays out on both ends. I think it would be great to see Canada in the summer and I know there are all kinds of things to do and see in those locations for all.

cobrabitn
07-20-2002, 09:02 PM
Thanks Big Daddy,

It is looking like our national meet will be in the NE somewhere next year. As Ken said, Pocono or Watkins Glen but all of that depends on availability and cost. I'm thinking Thursday/Friday open track with a Saturday Car show so everyone can be at all of the events.... We'll decide in the Fall what we will be doing definitely.

I like the Canadian idea, I think we need an SCMC chapter in Ontario, don't you? ;)

Mystic_Cobra
08-08-2002, 10:00 AM
Could we try to do the show before the track? If not, all I'll be showing is dirt!

Jimmy Bost

tgentry
08-08-2002, 10:13 AM
Hey Jimmy, tracking and showing are more compatible that you think. At least in "participant's choice" type shows I've found that people respond well to a car that has been used hard.

At the SAAC Mid-America event in Tulsa last year I ran two days of open track and decided at the last minute to get in the show. I got up early, spent about 2 hours cleaning the car up and took second in class!

I even lost to a fellow SCMC track dog who did the same thing. It's hard even for a Mystic to compete with a '01 R, right Kevin?

tgentry
08-08-2002, 10:17 AM
Thomas, the 3 tracks in a week format sounds interesting. There would be plenty of time for other activities too. I haven't really been to Canada, other than briefly during the SVT Experience just to see we were there.