PDA

View Full Version : SCMC Electronic Registration

tullamore
07-09-2002, 03:00 PM
I haven't gotten around to registering yet since you have to mail in dues. Since this IS a pretty much an all online club I was wondering if online registration was in the future.

At the least it wouldn't be hard to setup a PayPal account so you can take checks and credit cards instantly online, and then having them fill out a form electronically for the personal information.

NJ2000R
07-09-2002, 06:49 PM
not a bad suggestion....I bet paypal would even let the club collect payment without charges....

cobrabitn
07-10-2002, 11:42 AM
Very good suggestions from both of you but as you may or may not know, Ken (not sure if you were a member then or not), we are scheduled to have "on line payment" next year, along with an SCMC 24/7 telephone.

Pay pal costs too much and it would negate the dues dramatically. Our dues is $15.00 per year and no other club, Internet or not, can match what we give them for their money.

I thought about sending out a comparison to the club about the different clubs but I decided not to since most members already know it anyway. (Our dues is less then most MCA local chapters and we are a national group) But just a rundown on it for you:

For $15.00 per year you get:

4 newsletters

SCMC windshield decal

SCMC membership card

SCMC pen (renewal only)

Membership roster

SCMC discounts at our own events

Major Vendor discounts that no one even comes close too.( I have had members tell me they saved over a thousand dollars due to our discounts)

Cobra Oriented events, shows, track , cruises and more
Quick personal responses and replies. You don't have to wait months to get an answer.

Excellent Bulletin board

Outstanding website where you can post your classifieds, car pictures and license plate, webring, SCMC mailboxes (yourname@svtcobraclub.com)

Most importantly Comradarie and fun!

As I said, there isn't any organization out there that can match what we offer as a club. I think some people think it is too good to be true.

Hope this helps out!
:thumbsup:

tullamore
07-10-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by cobrabitn we are scheduled to have "on line payment" next year, along with an SCMC 24/7 telephone.[/B]

That will be great! :thumbsup:

97whitevert
07-10-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Very good suggestions from both of you but as you may or may not know, Ken (not sure if you were a member then or not), we are scheduled to have "on line payment" next year, along with an SCMC 24/7 telephone.

Pay pal costs too much and it would negate the dues dramatically. Our dues is $15.00 per year and no other club, Internet or not, can match what we give them for their money.

I thought about sending out a comparison to the club about the different clubs but I decided not to since most members already know it anyway. (Our dues is less then most MCA local chapters and we are a national group) But just a rundown on it for you:

For $15.00 per year you get:

4 newsletters

SCMC windshield decal

SCMC membership card

SCMC pen (renewal only)

Membership roster

SCMC discounts at our own events

Major Vendor discounts that no one even comes close too.( I have had members tell me they saved over a thousand dollars due to our discounts)

Cobra Oriented events, shows, track , cruises and more
Quick personal responses and replies. You don't have to wait months to get an answer.

Excellent Bulletin board

Outstanding website where you can post your classifieds, car pictures and license plate, webring, SCMC mailboxes (yourname@svtcobraclub.com)

Most importantly Comradarie and fun!

As I said, there isn't any organization out there that can match what we offer as a club. I think some people think it is too good to be true.

Hope this helps out!

All very good points!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cobra-R
07-10-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by tullamore

That will be great! :thumbsup:

Steve,
If you want to pay by Pay-pal (for the oct MAM event) , I do have an account set up so that you can do it. Like you said, then you can fill out the form and send it to me in the mail.
I would guess it would be ok with Tony if you did the pay pal for the membership and send your membership form along with the registration for MAM.

Brian

cobrabitn
07-10-2002, 01:20 PM
That's fine, or he could just write you a check for it all....lol. ;)

Ken 01-Cobra
07-10-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn

What he said! This club is a bargain any way you want to look at it! (and this is coming from the Secretary of another club :D )

Friendly folks, loads of events, helpful folks, an active membership, club discounts; it all adds up to being a very good deal. I give it two thumbs ups! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NJ2000R
07-10-2002, 03:56 PM
online payment and registration will be a nice feature....I agree, this is a great club! I've already saved the cost of 10 years worth of SCMC membership with the bassani exhaust purchase alone! :D :thumbsup: ;)