PDA

View Full Version : Lowe's Motor Speedway - NASA HPDE September 7&8

redsnake99
07-10-2002, 08:42 PM
I just signed up for this one. So far, I'm the only one.

http://www.nasaracing.net/7Sep02/index.shtml

OK, Charlotte area people, let's go.

I'm still thinking seriously about going to the Iowa SCMC event in October. Just a little longer to think about that long trip and having to drive my car back.

:D

Big Daddy
07-11-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by redsnake99
I just signed up for this one. So far, I'm the only one.

http://www.nasaracing.net/7Sep02/index.shtml

OK, Charlotte area people, let's go.

I'm still thinking seriously about going to the Iowa SCMC event in October. Just a little longer to think about that long trip and having to drive my car back.

Well Dave I'm going and I'm signed up. :D

Looks like it's time for you to purchase a trailer and a tow vehicle that way you don't have to worry about putting all those miles on your car! :D ;) Or running it through a puddle caused by a sudden thunderstorm! :D ;) ;) ;)

redsnake99
07-11-2002, 05:31 PM
Decisions: Do I send my son to college or buy a trailer and tow vehicle?

I'm outvoted at home right now.

:(

johnbasf
07-11-2002, 06:22 PM
Dave, how would your Explorer do towing your car to Iowa?

b_tone
07-12-2002, 11:54 AM
Dave, as someone who has recently graduated college I can tell you one thing. college loans are the way to go. You have upu to 30 years to pay them back at a very low percentage rate (mine are at 4.4%)

take the money and run to the dealership and get something!!

97whitevert
07-12-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
Dave, how would your Explorer do towing your car to Iowa?

whew.... i wouldn't want to try that John.....nothing smaller than an f-150, with a heavy duty towing package, 250 way better

redsnake99
07-12-2002, 06:12 PM
John, my Explorer has the 5.0 engine, plenty of power. I'd just need to get a heavier duty trailer hitch. It already has the towing suspension, but I've only towed the lightweight travel trailer.

98banana
07-12-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by redsnake99
John, my Explorer has the 5.0 engine, plenty of power. I'd just need to get a heavier duty trailer hitch. It already has the towing suspension, but I've only towed the lightweight travel trailer.

Okay, it's the weekend, I'm not talking about racing, so I can respond to this... :)

I just towed the chili pepper to Summit Point (8 hrs.) with the ranger and it did great. It wasn't extremely happy climbing mountains, but I could maintain 55 without too much trouble up the hills.

Your car would be about 1000 lbs heavier, but the v8 vs. my v6 should make more than enough difference to be able to handle it. Just make sure you hook up a trailer brake and you're set...

redsnake99
07-12-2002, 11:01 PM
Too late to do anything about it now, but Tom, you could won some cash at the Mod Motor Shootout. There was only 1 Focus in his class, and it was a station wagon model, very slow. But without any competition, he took the money.