PDA

View Full Version : service engine soon light and emissions

ballistic
07-10-2002, 11:52 PM
On Monday I took the car in to be checked because the service engine soon light came on over the weekend. This is the second time in 6k miles this has happened. The firs time at just over 3k miles it was an evaporative emissions solenoid and they commented how rarely those go bad and now at about 6k miles it has gone bad again. Has anybody had this happen? Did the factory get a bad batch of emissions solenoids? My last car went through several O2 sensors because of this and eventually the sensors wear recalled. :(

cobrabitn
07-11-2002, 10:33 AM
Sorry, I never had this problem on my 99. ;)

cobrajg
07-11-2002, 10:44 AM
Have not heard of this issue either ballistic. Seems strange that they would die around the same time frame, 3000 miles. Sounds to me that something else is the cause and they need to look a lot harder at the problem.

ballistic
07-18-2002, 10:36 AM
Cobrajg you nailed it! :thumbsup: after having the car for 8 days the fuel filler neck was somehow the cause of the problem :yup:

joshmillslane
07-18-2002, 07:08 PM
actually, I had to have my evap sol. replaced. It was causing the check engine light to come on intermittantly. Probably the most annoying fault to have, because it's never on when they're looking at it, but ass soon as you drive away.....on it goes.
:mad: