PDA

View Full Version : MCA's Grand National Show and Open Track Event

'68-Cobra
07-16-2002, 08:13 AM
Over 1000 Mustangs and Cobra's!!

August 30-September 1, the Carolina Regional Mustang Club will be hosting the Mustang Club of America's Grand National Mustang Show at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC. Along with MCA's biggest and best show of the year, there will be Open Track available to any and all makes and models on Friday and Saturday. The cost for the track time is $150/day.

For details and registration, visit www.mustang.org, look under "National Events," and look for the Grand National.

Regards,

'68-Cobra

Big Daddy
07-16-2002, 11:09 AM
The national site isn't working! But the ponytales site is. You may want to inform them that mustang.org is broken! :D

'68-Cobra
07-17-2002, 12:45 PM
Hey Big Daddy!

I tried the MCA site last night & again today & it worked just fine for me?? Must have just been a temporary down. Try it again if you didn't get what you needed from ponytales.org

'68-Cobra

wcoxsr
08-04-2002, 02:35 PM
hey guys and gals,
i need to know who is going to attend grand nationals. I will have a class of cleaning if anyone is interested before the event. but, i need to know so we can all gain up on grand nationals and be together. so, let me know so i can make some plans.
thanks
bobby:p :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
08-04-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by wcoxsr
hey guys and gals,
i need to know who is going to attend grand nationals. I will have a class of cleaning if anyone is interested before the event. but, i need to know so we can all gain up on grand nationals and be together. so, let me know so i can make some plans.
thanks
bobby:p :thumbsup:

I'm going, but I don't know what CLASS to enter my KB '01 Cobra S please advise me! :D ;) Also let me say I'm not BIG into showing cars so I need all the help I can get...BUT I'm not overly concerned with winning ! ;) ;) I'm going to do some recruiting for the club! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

STANGBUM
08-05-2002, 08:07 AM
Hey Big Daddy, I will be there, I am entering in the daily driver class. they will give you 5 mods before the take off points.The 4th generation class is like concours,they will take off points for every little modification, very tough judging.The modified will have a lot of heavily chromed and polished cars with all the extras also. See you there:D :D

STANGBUM
08-05-2002, 08:17 AM
Going down on Friday just depends on when I can get the boy out of school:cool: :cool:

Big Daddy
08-05-2002, 04:55 PM
Stangbum, We'll be heading down on Friday also. We'll be leaving around 4:30 PM after mine get out of school. Are you trailering yours or driving it down??

BOBBY...where are you?? You have to tell me what class to put my car in... PLEASE!!! :D

johnbasf
08-05-2002, 09:33 PM
James, can I run in the advanced group? I just ran the "A" group at CMP. Talk to B. Shugg to see what he says. Thanks

johnbasf@bellsouth.net to keep it off of here if you want

bolt-on
08-05-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
Stangbum, We'll be heading down on Friday also. We'll be leaving around 4:30 PM after mine get out of school. Are you trailering yours or driving it down??

BOBBY...where are you?? You have to tell me what class to put my car in... PLEASE!!! :D

STREET DRIVEN - Judged for Quality of Workmanship, Condition and Cleanliness ONLY. Includes engine compartment and undercarriage.

DAILY DRIVEN - Judged for Quality of Workmanship, Condition and Cleanliness ONLY. Engine compartment, hood must be closed. Undercarriage not judged.

MODIFIED - Judged for quality of workmanship, condition and cleanliness only. Cars are not judged for authenticity. Modified cars are awarded additional points based on modifications.

FOURTH GENERATION - 1994 to 2000. Concours judged for authenticity, condition and cleanliness.

The most recent two years are not judged, but placed in a separate class and awards are made by popular vote.

Modified seems to best fit your Kenny Brown Cobra. Engine compartment and undercarriage will be judged in this class.

Larry

STANGBUM
08-06-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Big Daddy

BD :( I got to drive it down:(
The wife will follow in our Jeep.:yup:

STANGBUM
08-06-2002, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by bolt-on

STREET DRIVEN - Judged for Quality of Workmanship, Condition and Cleanliness ONLY. Includes engine compartment and undercarriage.

DAILY DRIVEN - Judged for Quality of Workmanship, Condition and Cleanliness ONLY. Engine compartment, hood must be closed. Undercarriage not judged.

MODIFIED - Judged for quality of workmanship, condition and cleanliness only. Cars are not judged for authenticity. Modified cars are awarded additional points based on modifications.

FOURTH GENERATION - 1994 to 2000. Concours judged for authenticity, condition and cleanliness.

The most recent two years are not judged, but placed in a separate class and awards are made by popular vote.

Modified seems to best fit your Kenny Brown Cobra. Engine compartment and undercarriage will be judged in this class.

Larry
Larry, this is my first time in Daily Driver Class, I had been entering in the 4th Generation, but the last time in Atlanta I got a :D whole lot:D of points taken off for the mods, didn't finish in the running. So you said hood down, does that mean they don't check your engine compartment?

Big Daddy
08-06-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by bolt-on

Larry

Thanks Larry Modified it is. I don't think I'll win or even get close as I'm not a show person and my underside looks like I actually drive it everyday! :D :D ;)

bolt-on
08-06-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by STANGBUM

Larry, this is my first time in Daily Driver Class, I had been entering in the 4th Generation, but the last time in Atlanta I got a :D whole lot:D of points taken off for the mods, didn't finish in the running. So you said hood down, does that mean they don't check your engine compartment?

For Daily Driven class the rulebook has a notation "Car should show signs of street use. Make allowance accordingly."

Car will be judged on:

1. EXTERIOR
A. Body Workmanship and Fit.
B. Paint and Finish on Body.
C. Chrome, Stainless, Trim.
D. Glass and/or Plastic.
E. Weatherstrip, Gaskets & Seals.
F. Wheels and Tires.
G. MCA Window Decal: Required.

2. INTERIOR
A. Interior Door and Kick Panel.
B. Door Opening Area (Scuff Plate, Jambs, Hinges & Latches).
C. Seats.
D. Carpet and Firewall Cover.
E. Dash Pad.
F. Instrument Assembly, Steering Wheel and Dash Panel.
G. Headliner.

3. TRUNK
A. Spare Tire & Jack Assembly.
B. Paint and Weatherstripping.
C. Mats, Cardboard and/or Trim.
D. Wiring Harness and/or Covering Trim.

4. ENGINE COMPARTMENT
A. HOOD MUST BE CLOSED!

5. UNDERCARRIAGE
A. DO NOT JUDGE!

Stangbum, concentrate your detailing efforts on 1, 2 & 3. I had originally planned on attending the MCA Grand National, but my employer assigned me the week after Labor Day for vacation. Instead of trying to clean my car to perfection for the car show, I'm going to be getting it dirty with brake dust at Road America the following weekend :D

Larry

STANGBUM
08-06-2002, 12:41 PM
Thanks Larry for the info.:thumbsup:
I did have one other question, at the Atlanta show when they did the Tech inspection I did not have a fire Extinguisher in my trunk and had a point taken off before I got into the door:mad: Does that rule still stand?:surprise:

bolt-on
08-06-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by STANGBUM
Thanks Larry for the info.:thumbsup:
I did have one other question, at the Atlanta show when they did the Tech inspection I did not have a fire Extinguisher in my trunk and had a point taken off before I got into the door:mad: Does that rule still stand?:surprise:

Yes, quoting from the MCA LATE MODEL JUDGING RULE BOOK:

"All cars, except retired cars, must pass a technical inspection. This inspection includes all lights, signals, [tachometer], clock, radio, air conditioning, leaks, working windows, seat adjustment, engine starting and horn. All cars must [have] an accessible fire extinguisher in the car at all times, however it does not have to be mounted in the car."

You will receive a classification card at registration that goes on or under the windshield. On the back of the card will be a list of show requirements. Good luck, have fun, and I hope SCMC makes a good showing at the MCA Grand National.

Larry

STANGBUM
08-06-2002, 01:52 PM
Thanks again Larry for your help:thumbsup:

whitecobragirl
08-07-2002, 01:15 PM
Hi,

My husband and I will be going. I don't know if we will do anything at the show or not. He usually decides this stuff and he is out of town right now working. If he does decide to do something it will probably be the daily driven class cause she is a daily driver.

Amy

wcoxsr
08-07-2002, 07:07 PM
big daddy,
if you daily drive the car, enter daily driver. you have a much better chance in that area. but remember, they may put us all in a cobra class depending on the number of cobras there. to many cobras means not fair for the gts and such. know what i mean.
bobby

STANGBUM
08-08-2002, 08:28 AM
Bobby, don't you only get 5 mods in daily driver, and then they start taking off points for them?:burnout:

stylin99
08-09-2002, 05:02 PM
I'll be entering the open track event. This will be my first open track even though I've done autocrosses before. I'm trying to make sure they put me in the intermediate class (95mph max) but Larry Kilgore suggested that they may run me in Cruiser class for the first session out. Since speed is limited to 75 in the cruiser class, I think I'll get bored heading down the backstretch of Lowes with the cruise control on. ;)

Anybody else here doing the track event?

Big Daddy
08-09-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by stylin99
I'll be entering the open track event. This will be my first open track even though I've done autocrosses before. I'm trying to make sure they put me in the intermediate class (95mph max) but Larry Kilgore suggested that they may run me in Cruiser class for the first session out. Since speed is limited to 75 in the cruiser class, I think I'll get bored heading down the backstretch of Lowes with the cruise control on. ;)

Anybody else here doing the track event?

Nope I'm doing an ontrack event with NASA at Lowes the weekend after the show!! :D NO SPEED LIMIT! ;)