PDA

View Full Version : Best springs to lower 01 Cobra

blown92gt
07-20-2002, 01:13 AM
What are the best springs to lower 01 Cobra, the only ones I've ever used have been Eibachs, Has anyone put the Eibach Sportlines on their car. I see alot of new cars using H&R supersport springs, how much do these lower? How do they ride compared to Eibachs. I'm wanting my car to ride about an 1/2in. to 1in. above the tire. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Pete

Cobra-R
07-20-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by blown92gt
What are the best springs to lower 01 Cobra, the only ones I've ever used have been Eibachs, Has anyone put the Eibach Sportlines on their car. I see alot of new cars using H&R supersport springs, how much do these lower? How do they ride compared to Eibachs. I'm wanting my car to ride about an 1/2in. to 1in. above the tire. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Pete

Pete,
Do you have any desire to change shocks/struts also? If so, I would change over to coil overs so you can set the exact ride height that you desire. I just put coilovers on my 01 along with Koni shocks and comming from Bilstiens with H&R springs it was a nice ride improvment.

ps. If your interested, I have the Bilstein shocks and H&R spings that I took off the car for sale. They have maybe 800 miles on them.

Cobra-R
07-20-2002, 09:54 AM
http://server35.hypermart.net/bggroth/01chromewls4.jpg

Here is my car with the Bilsteins and H&R springs I mentioned above.