PDA

View Full Version : Meeting at Texan Ford Sat the 27th for SVTOA

97CasperCobra
07-23-2002, 10:28 AM
Anyone want to go to this?? I'll probably go. Later.

Received this email today for anyone interested in SVTOA......

Hello fellow SVT owners. I am sending this email to give you a heads up on a flyer you should be receiving in a couple of weeks. Up until now there has not been a Houston area dealer willing to sponsor a local chapter. Texan Ford has stepped up to the plate and offered meeting space as well as sponsorship. Our first chapter meeting will be held at Texan Ford I-10 West on Saturday July 27, 2002. The meeting will start at 9am with refreshments and introductions. We will be discussing the development of this new chapter and need all the input fellow members can offer. The primary goal is to unite this group of fun loving SVT owners around a family atmosphere. We want to plan dinner runs, poker runs, and other auto/show events during the next year that include the whole family. So try to find the time to wax up your SVT, hope for sunshine, and plan to attend. Let me know if you plan to attend, I'm trying to get an area of the dealers lot set aside for us to show off our toys while in the meeting so an approximate count will help. Thanks,

PS. If you have received this email in errors, or do not wish to receive future emails, please reply and I will remove your address from the files. David Jones SVT owner 2001 Cobra convert. 800-392-3942 281-313-0777fax

Firme
07-23-2002, 11:18 AM
I'm gonna go just to crash the party
:rotf: or just to check it out and recruit

Levi
07-23-2002, 02:10 PM
If I get my phase two suspension mods completed by then..... I will go.:burnout:

97CasperCobra
07-24-2002, 11:03 PM
OK gang, let's meet at IKEA just past Loop 610 at 8:30am on Sat morning. That way we can get a nice cruise in before we get to Texan Ford. Any questions, shoot me an e-mail at sharktooth_13@yahoo.com . Thanks.

On the Edit: I'll have my Motorola Talkabout radio with me...Channel 6....if anyone has these as well. If not, I recommend you getting some as we'll be doing more and more cruises together and they help keep us in touch. See ya Sat.

Firme
07-25-2002, 11:49 AM
I will be there

SVT99
07-25-2002, 07:01 PM
Sounds like a good place to recruit for the show at Joe Meyers. I'm sure Texan will love that! I may go scope it out, if I can force myself to get up:o

97CasperCobra
07-26-2002, 02:09 AM
SVT99, if you can force yourself to get out of bed, why don't you meet up with us at one of the two meeting places.

Meeting place #1)
IKEA on I-10 West

Meeting place #2)
K-mart on Mason Road. I-10 West, exit Mason Road, go over I-10, then the K-mart should be right there. Let me know man. Hope to see ya out there.

SVT99
07-26-2002, 09:20 AM
I'm gonna try to meet you at 8:30. On vacation so getting up early isn't part of the plan. I'll probably make it.

TcM-668
07-26-2002, 11:17 AM
I plan on bringing my Habu out to play, so I should be able to make the Ikea spot.

This should be interesting.

Man, 8am show on a Saturday sucks though ! Can't get tooo stupid Fri night I guess. This is almost as bad as work.

oh well...I'll try to make the meeting.

TcM-668
07-26-2002, 11:29 AM
I posted the cruise info along with the SVTOA meeting info on SVTPerformance Forum.

Hope to see you all there...

97CasperCobra
07-26-2002, 12:20 PM
SVT99 and Don, good to have you coming out with us. This is starting to become a really good turnout, probably a dozen or so cars are coming along just from us to the SVTOA meeting. Should provide plenty of attention as we roll in :cool: . See ya on Sat.

Firme
07-26-2002, 12:31 PM
hey Mike, just for grins, you should get a hold of that SCMC magnet and have it on your door as we pull up.

cobrabitn
07-26-2002, 01:25 PM
LMAO at Firme.....LOL. BTW, SCMC will be doing some major purchasing next year for growth. You guys can start looking forward to having banners like we have at our cruise ins and more so just to let you know, we are just beginning to start rolling in the Lone Star.

97CasperCobra
07-26-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Firme
hey Mike, just for grins, you should get a hold of that SCMC magnet and have it on your door as we pull up.

Man too bad I had to give that back to it's rightful owner :(

Tony, how can I get one of those?? Actually I want 2, one for each side. :thumbsup: Thanks.

Firme
07-26-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra

Tony, how can I get one of those?? Actually I want 2, one for each side. :thumbsup: Thanks.

hey, I want 2 also :D

cobrapace94
07-26-2002, 10:59 PM
I am able to post now...
Hey Mike, I'll meet you at Ikea @ 8:30a.

97CasperCobra
07-26-2002, 11:22 PM
Good to hear Darrell. That puts us at I think 12 cars going, 1 '00 R, 1 Lightning, and the rest are Cobras. Should make quite an entrance :bounce: :thumbsup:

TcM-668
07-26-2002, 11:46 PM
I'll be there and will join the cruise from Ikea, but I am not an SCMC member yet. hehehehehe

Seriously though, What do I have to do to join ?

Thanks and see you all in the AM.

Firme
07-27-2002, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by TcM-668

Seriously though, What do I have to do to join ?

Fill out the registration form http://www.svtcobraclub.com/SCMCMembershipApplication.pdf and mail it in with the appropriate fee. The form requires Adobe Acrobat. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
07-27-2002, 12:04 PM
Mike,

Who is the rightful owner? If it's Dean, then just hold onto it. Let me see what I can do about an SCMC banner and another magnet for the other side. If you get the banner, you can use it for the show. Also, I thought we'd take a picture at our car show with everyone holding it up so you car show losers can see what it looks like to hold it up. Of course, you can do the same if I send you one and you can show us car show winners what the losers can do.....lol.

Cost is around $125.00 for both a banner and magnet. I'll keep you posted.:thumbsup:

Firme
07-27-2002, 08:09 PM
hey tony,

can any of the rest of us get in on the Magnet action????

cobrabitn
07-27-2002, 09:51 PM
Firme,

SCMC will provide your region with a set of magnets. I'll probably just have them make another one for Mike so he will have two. That's provided to him by the club.

I'm thinking maybe a "South Central Cobras" banner with our SCMC logo on it and the new URL for the SCC Region to send down there for the show.

If you wish to purchase a set of magnets for your own personal use then I think the cost is $85.00 delivered to your house. I can find out and if you wish to order a set then we can do that with no problem. However, you make the final decision. We may can go two sets next year but that will have to wait till we see how the $$ turns out this year.

Let me know what you want to do.....:D

You didn't say?? How'd the meeting go?:doubt:

97CasperCobra
07-28-2002, 02:39 AM
Tony, the meeting went good, but SCMC still rules in my book. Not sure if SVTOA has a potential member here or not, it'd be good to join to "keep tabs on them" as Edmond says and be a part of their events, BUT it seems their club is more driven by the need to make the $$$ and fulfill SVTOA's requirements. Think we got some more people for the Car show :D :thumbsup: Anyway, good to get out and see what they had to offer, it'd be fun to do joint events with them. The cool thing about it was that he mentioned the SCMC a few times and the car show while speaking to all of us so it gave us some exposure. Anyway, we'll keep you updated on their efforts.

Oh and the magnets are back to their owner though he doesn't own a Cobra anymore :( . Gave them to him in Atlanta.

cobrabitn
07-28-2002, 10:14 AM
I'll make a call this week and get you a pair of magnets. Let me see what I can do. I'll e-mail you privately on the rest of your comments....Later,

Firme
07-28-2002, 11:57 AM
and here is some crowd reaction to the meet

http://www.westsidemustangs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10513

I was gonna post that it was SCMC and the one with the FUNNY WING was an R, but its been so long that I have posted, that my account is dissabled over there...

:D :cool:

Tony, $85 :eek:

97CasperCobra
07-28-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
I'll make a call this week and get you a pair of magnets. Let me see what I can do. I'll e-mail you privately on the rest of your comments....Later,

Schaawwwweeeetttt!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Tony. Though I'm not sure they'll stay on with all the ZAINO I have on my car. :D

cobrabitn
07-28-2002, 11:18 PM
Yeah Edmond, $85.00. I told you they weren't cheap....lol. Let me send Mike a pair and we'll see what happens where we can send another set next year. I'll order the banner too so you can have it for display at the dealership in September.

:bounce:

97CasperCobra
07-28-2002, 11:23 PM
Awesome Tony!!!! I'll be waiting at my door for the UPS man :D . I've been told by at least 2 people that they are sending in their SCMC application so be lookin for that, and how many show registrations do you have so far??? ;)