PDA

View Full Version : It's 1 month old already!

TRMN8ER
07-29-2002, 06:52 PM
I picked up my Mineral Gray '03 on June 22. Went from Ohio to West Virginia to get one at MSRP. Traded in a '01 Cobra that I really liked (same color)! I was a little worried about all the hype.

But after a month and 1700 miles, I am convinced that this is truly a car that will be remembered in automotive history. Quiet, smooth, comfortable and unbelievibly powerful. IMO, there are only two other American cars that can run with the '03 Cobra. They are the Z06 Vette and the Viper. At MSRP, plus the gas guzzler tax (what's up with that?), your still $16,000 under the Vette and $40,000 under the Viper!

If any of you have any doubts about laying down $34,750 for this modern day muscle car, don't worry. Just worry about getting one before their all gone!

cobrabitn
07-30-2002, 10:00 AM
Hmm? Well, since SVT will be producing over 10,000 units this year and more next year, I don't think they will be too rare. I'm glad to hear some positive responses on it though. Have you heard anything negative about the 03's on other boards? I just don't have time to hit them all.....

Rob03
07-30-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Hmm? Well, since SVT will be producing over 10,000 units this year and more next year, I don't think they will be too rare. I'm glad to hear some positive responses on it though. Have you heard anything negative about the 03's on other boards? I just don't have time to hit them all.....

I think they will be making 12,500 total. If you want to know if they are rare (general term since it's hard to determine what is and isn't) think about how many Cobra's you see on the road in a given month and not just the ones you see at a local Mustang meet.

As far as problems, mine is perfect. There have been some with problems, a few came with bad gas that fouled the plugs and cats (which had to be replaced), some have had a minor vibration at 80mph (shakes the rear view mirror), and some have had a slight pull to the right (more of a let the wheel go and it drifts right a little). Other than that they have been pretty solid. You usually hear the problems more than the pleasures on any new car. For my money I could not be happier!

Cheers, :cool:
Robert

Evilcartman
08-02-2002, 01:38 PM
I love my car. I have had it for 5 weeks to date. This thing is bad ass. It reacted to easy mods extremely well. Just exhaust and an air filter made it feel like a different car. And the airfilter made the blower a lot lower:)