PDA

View Full Version : My '99 Cobra Problem Found!

Tim Lester
08-02-2002, 01:55 AM
To the guys that have looked at my post and responded, I have found my problem.

For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about heres what the problem was:

" Since my drag radials have been wearing down they have been hooking better. My problem is when I get on it and I go to upshift from 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd, and 3rd to 4th the car will lay down, even with traction control off!? When I release the throttle all the way and then I get back on it, it precedes to go. Tonight I put on my street tires and it does the same thing? Whats the deal? I'm not hitting the fuel cut-off mark."

Well I put my stock air setup back on with the street tires and it did'nt bog. Today I put my drag radials on and my problem is solved. No bog! My air intake setup when I had the bog consists of a 4 inch rubber elbow coming off the throttle body to a 4 inch long and 4 inch diameter PVC tube, to a 4 to 3 inch rubber reducer tube, then to the stock mass air and into a WMS CAI.

My theory on why the bogging stopped is that the rubber, over time got soft and would collapse every time I would shift, that once I get back onto the gas so fast to where it would suck hard and collapse, choking the engine of air. Then once I let off the throttle the rubber tube would go back into shape. This is just me $0.02

Any other theorys?

cobrabitn
08-02-2002, 07:26 AM
I haven't had any problems with my 99 but my set -up is similiar to yours. An OR pipe and a WMS cold air kit. If the only thing you changed was the rubber tube then I would guess that your theory is right. ;)

cobrajg
08-02-2002, 12:36 PM
When I went to the track a few weeks ago with Dave Diehl, he had a similar issue on one of his runs. Hit 3rd and the car just died, he let off and hit it again and it was fine. After it happened he was thinking something like that might have happened where the maf to tb pipe collapsed. He has the upper pipe from the densecharger. I have the full setup and didn't have the problem. I have also heard where others think this has happened to them. So it seems very possible that you have found your problem.

wbpo
10-17-2002, 10:47 AM
See my reply on your earlier post. I'm betting it's not your CAI but your fuel pump.