PDA

View Full Version : pulling the 00r clutch/tranny

kevin
08-04-2002, 12:22 PM
has anyone in here actually done this? i know many have HAD it done (including me). but i'm in the process of doing it myself. i've pulled the exhaust, drive shaft, and shifter handle out. i've pulled all the bolts holding the bell housing to the block (yes, even the one at the top that's a real bugger to get to). however, with all this done, it still won't drop. i'm thinking i have to pull the starter next.

any thots? thanks.

theman
08-04-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by kevin
has anyone in here actually done this? i know many have HAD it done (including me). but i'm in the process of doing it myself. i've pulled the exhaust, drive shaft, and shifter handle out. i've pulled all the bolts holding the bell housing to the block (yes, even the one at the top that's a real bugger to get to). however, with all this done, it still won't drop. i'm thinking i have to pull the starter next.

any thots? thanks.

Have you taken the bolts out of the transmission mount and removed the tranny cross member?? Remove the starter also. And don't forget to support the tranny with a floorjack when removing the cross member.

kevin
08-04-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by theman

Have you taken the bolts out of the transmission mount and removed the tranny cross member?? Remove the starter also. And don't forget to support the tranny with a floorjack when removing the cross member.

sorry, i didn't mention i already removed the rear cross member and bolts. i have the whole thing supported witha tranny jack.

i'll get the starter next:thumbsup:

Cobra-R
08-04-2002, 09:17 PM

sorry, i didn't mention i already removed the rear cross member and bolts. i have the whole thing supported witha tranny jack.

i'll get the starter next:thumbsup:

Don't forget to shut the engine off and disconnect the battery. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I'm here for ya, buddy.

theman
08-04-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Cobra-R

Don't forget to shut the engine off and disconnect the battery. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I'm here for ya, buddy.

ROFLMAO!!!! :thumbsup: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

kevin
08-05-2002, 04:04 AM

dam. now i know why it was so hot under there:eek: :eek: ;)

97whitevert
08-05-2002, 08:15 PM

you guys are dooing great!!!! :D :D :D brian- you are about to knock the jack out from under.. ok good you moved!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
hey can i get you two anything to drink? water? mt dew? a sonic cherry slush?:bounce: :bounce:

kevin
08-05-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by 97whitevert

you guys are dooing great!!!! :D :D :D brian- you are about to knock the jack out from under.. ok good you moved!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
hey can i get you two anything to drink? water? mt dew? a sonic cherry slush?:bounce: :bounce:

the latter please. course the wife say's i doon't need it:(

97whitevert
08-05-2002, 08:25 PM

the latter please. course the wife say's i doon't need it:(

awwww live alittle!!!!:thumbsup: :rotf: :rotf:

kevin
08-08-2002, 08:01 PM
ok. i've done it and here it is.

pull the exhaust and drive shaft (mark it first).

pull the shifter handle and square brass palte holding the boot (assuming you don't have a console anymore).

2 bolts on the rear cross member to the frame. 2 nuts to the tranny.

7 bolts holding the bell housing to the block (13mm) 2 of these are by feel only.

3 bolts to the starter (11mm).

2 bolts (15mm) holding the thin plate between teh block and the housing.

unplug several electrical connectors.

pull the whole thing back about 5inches or so. let it down.