PDA

View Full Version : 22nd Annual Mustang show,Austin

cobltng
08-05-2002, 01:27 PM
Mustang Owners Club Of Austin 22nd annual roundup & car show. Be very glad none of you wise people decided NOT to join Barb & I on this trip. Here is The Report.

The show was very well managed and organized, they really had it together. There were 85 cars and four trucks( including our lightning registered) The Location was excellent. Just off Research Blvd,in a very large parking lot bordered by a BBQ place on the south side, a Carrabas on the middle and an Outback on the north side. It goes down hill from here. These folks are stuck somewhere in the 40's,50's & 60's. If that isn't where your head currently resides you were in the wrong place. Awards were chintze. A small (think pocket size) state of Texas mounted on a base with the date and place where this occured(in lucite)for class winners and another 8X6" faux flat rock with a black plastic inscription plate. This was for best in show,best paint etc.
Heat was 103degrees,shade sparce,ground temp,laser measured, 156 degrees. There were two lightnings including ours. Neither of us won anything. There were two 03 Cobras, Coupes,one blue, one white. They won nothing. All the awards went to oldies "billit mobiles" Best truck went to a 49 Ford with broken door handles(add's class). One Lady in an 02 GT did win an award( she belonged to the Austin Club). 10 bottles of water and four XL ice tea's consumed. One guy in the MCOH had said to me last week.........every one should do this once. Bill Rios of Houston did win best in class and best paint He will likely be at our show with his Cobra.If you have not seen it ,it is in a class all by itself.

Firme
08-05-2002, 02:26 PM
damn...sorry to hear that man... doesn't sound too appealing

our show will be MUCH beter :thumbsup: :bounce:

cobrapace94
08-06-2002, 11:02 PM
That sounds about right. Most Mustang clubs are really for the classics. That is what I thought when I had my 67 Mustang. They should have different classes for the classics and late models. I tend to agree that it is not fair to compete a 65 Mustang aganst a new Cobra. If takes a lot of work to restore a 65 to car show status. Having a show with out different classes for older cars and newer cars makes no sense. I also think that the Mustang clubs do not know the popularity of the late modal Mustang owners and the clubs do not know how to handle the new cars and younger club members. Kind of sad they cannot put more effort into bringing in the late model crowd. Course this is just my opinion.
Your making me hot just talking about it. Sounds like they need to spend a little more on the awards.

97CasperCobra
08-06-2002, 11:17 PM
Sorry to hear about it John. Kinda sounds like the show we all attended here in The Woodlands. All classics got the awards.

Bill Rios, what year Cobra does he drive. Is his the one with the 2-tone paint, Roush rims, and the whole engine bay chromed??

This one???

http://www.mustangmods.com/publish/97CasperCobra//NiceCobra-sm.jpg

cobrabitn
08-07-2002, 11:22 AM
That is why our shows are modern muscle. Simply put, there are more new cars out there then there are old ones. It stands to reason that you would have more newer classes to cater to the masses. Since we are a Cobra club, we tend to have more Cobra classes then any other.

7 Cobra classes and 3 Mustang classes to accomodate any SCMC member that may own both types of cars like Sherri. It also opens it up for others who want to join in and let's Lightnings enter too.

AS for the judging, it's my belief that we have fair and impartial judges. friends don't judge other friends cars simply because it becomes a "popularity" vote rather then a true judging. I hope Mike can get some unbiased people at our show to judge.

I don't believe you will be dissappointed with our first show. We have all the ingredients. We may lack a little in organization but that would be because this will be a first in TX for us but in tiime, Mike and gang will be like seasoned veterans. then again, y'all over there may surprise us veterans. ;) Hope you'll make our show!

cobrapace94
08-08-2002, 10:37 PM
Agreed, but what we lack in organization, we will make up in effort.. Let's start out our 1st show good and get better with the next ones.

cobltng
08-09-2002, 10:27 AM
I have afeeling that this show will be beyond "good"

cobrabitn
08-09-2002, 10:55 AM
I like you Darrell! :rotf:

Why not go one step further, you start out better then any other SCMC show and then next year, you can have the BEST SCMC show ever!

BTW, you won't believe me but I had every intention of hitting the Houston show this year and I would have except I don't want to be single again. If you know what I mean......;)

cobrapace94
08-09-2002, 06:56 PM
I am not asking permission before.. I will ask for forgiveness after the show.. Have found out it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. :) :thumbsup: :bounce:
I'm glad SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) dosn't read the forums... Or I would be in big trouble.

msmap
08-10-2002, 12:23 AM
Ummmmm, Darrell, I'm gonna tell Cathy :D

cobrapace94
08-10-2002, 12:38 AM
Sherri, you better not, I know you live in Houston (Spring) somewhere.. I'll find you. :321: :jk: :stupid: :bs:

97CasperCobra
08-10-2002, 02:40 AM
Guys, I KNOW this show has the potential to be a large show, but with about a month to go we only have 8 people signed up. We need more than that. Those of you who haven't entered, send in your registration. Don't forget about the preregistration prize that's going to be raffled off. Also get the word out on the street. You can download the flyer from the main SCC site, I just want to start this region off with a BANG!! We can do it gang, I know we can. See you all next weekend.