PDA

View Full Version : Have you all seen this?

msmap
08-08-2002, 09:49 AM
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 11:11 PM
To: Jones, David
Subject: Message from SVTOA

Hello All! We're trying to gauge interest in the On Track event scheduled for September 28- 29, 2002 at the Texas Motor Speedway. This event is a great opportunity to see what your SVT vehicle can really do! Certified instructors will guide you and your vehicle through various activities to equal two days of FUN!

At this time, no price has been set. As mentioned above, we're simply trying to gauge interest and determine an initial head count.

If you think you would be interested in attending this event, please let Linda Cronin know by Friday, August 9th by sending her an e-mail at lindac@svtoa.com. THIS IS BY NO MEANS CONFIRMATION TO ATTEND (we're just simply trying to get an initial head count). Should we receive a low response the event may be cancelled.

Again, please e-mail Linda Cronin at lindac@svtoa.com by August 9th to express your interest to attend.
Thank you,

Firme
08-08-2002, 01:51 PM
yeah.. I got that email... :o

the last meet was so damn boring though...and... whats the word... bureaucratic. I will prolly just go agian to keep tabs..
;)

I like how they deccribed our entrance last time...

"... and the SCMC guys came rumgling into the parking lot all in a row" :D

cobrabitn
08-08-2002, 02:28 PM
In time, we won't have to worry so much about head counts. Grow the club and everything else will fall into place. BTW, you'll be getting some of these real soon for your show in TX ;)

97CasperCobra
08-08-2002, 02:29 PM
Got that e-mail too. I'm gonna e-mail the contact and see if you HAVE to be a member of SVTOA to attend TMS or not. It'd be a fun time if we could go. Seems like a cool club, I just like ours so much better.:thumbsup:

Firme
08-08-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
..... Seems like a cool club, I just like ours so much better.:thumbsup:

ya I second that notion.. I hope we pick up some more enthusiasts for SCMC at the car show...

Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
.....I'm gonna e-mail the contact and see if you HAVE to be a member of SVTOA to attend TMS or not. ......

let me know.. I was wondering the same thing... I don't feel like paying their dues :rotf:

cobrapace94
08-08-2002, 10:33 PM
Would be a cool event to attend. Think we could get more than 8 cars next time we roll? Could get 2 rows 10 deep? Hope a rival doesn't start between the 2 clubs, that would not be in the best interest for anybody.
Hope some of them show their SVT's at the show.

Firme
08-08-2002, 11:04 PM
We need to have some sort of an event soon..

maybe HRP the Sunday after the meet....

94 White Snake
08-09-2002, 08:02 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Car show Sat. and Sunday (However you have to show both days to get an award) I will not be doing that. 8-10 - 8-11 02

Fri and Sat Nites is the fun stuff where you can cruise up and down 11th street and maybe get a few times to do burn outs!
Then you can park and watch cars of all makes cuuise 11th street.
We went last year and it was a blast. As the night grew on it got to be crazy.

Going to leave Deer Park around 10am to go see the car show then stake out a place to park. They say the cruise starts at 6pm not sure you will find a paking place then.

Hope to see some of you there
White Snake (Steve) 713-823-9273

97CasperCobra
08-10-2002, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by cobrapace94
Would be a cool event to attend. Think we could get more than 8 cars next time we roll? Could get 2 rows 10 deep? Hope a rival doesn't start between the 2 clubs, that would not be in the best interest for anybody.
Hope some of them show their SVT's at the show.

There won't be a rivalary. I've made it clear to the guys over there that we're in it for the same thing and we can add to each of our clubs if we do joint events. *Reminder for me* E-mail the contact about the TMS event. I'll let ya'll know.

97CasperCobra
08-12-2002, 06:13 PM
Got this in the mail today regarding the SVTOA at TMS. Guess we aren't invited unless we are a member of SVTOA. :(

"Michael,

The details for the event have not been finalized at this time. Unfortunately, the event is restricted to SVTOA members (I'm assuming you got the e-mail because you were formerly a member). If you're interested in attending, please go to www.svtoa.com to become a member!

Linda Cronin
SVTOA"

Oh well, guess we can have our own events and invite the SVTOA to show them that EVERYONE'S welcome at our events. :thumbsup: :bounce:

cobrabitn
08-12-2002, 07:17 PM
Have no fear, SCMC will be doing track events there next year once we get it all planned out. You guys are going to flip when I tell you how much $$ we will have in the bank! Chin up and let's work on our Cobra show. No time for negative thoughts. ;)