PDA

View Full Version : Power Pipe or Dyno Tune?

98BlckCobraVert
08-10-2002, 10:51 PM
I have a few spare C-notes and was wandering which would be better to do with the cash. Any comments?

tcrews
08-12-2002, 08:29 AM
Tough call. A powerpipe will give you more power by increasing the boost (about 1.5 to 2psi). What does your A/F ratio look like now?

I'd do both :) You can get some power from the dyno tune but the main thing is that you can make the tune safer and more reliable. The powerpipe would be nice to have when you dynotune though so that you don't have to tune again.

98BlckCobraVert
08-12-2002, 10:16 AM
Hey Tom! I don't know what my A/F is. I do know that I am running very rich with the chip Vortech sent me. What you think?

tcrews
08-12-2002, 10:44 AM
I'd have to go with the dyno-tune then. You need to find a reputable place and have your car tuned for a safe level before you start doing things that can create an empty bank account :)

When tuning, have them keep your A/F ratio at 11.9:1 or 12.0:1 max! Hitting the street will add more load to the engine since it has to actually move the car now and raise that ratio up a bit.

When you add the powerpipe you'll be increasing the boost/power, you'll probably need to increase your injectors/MAF to handle the extra demands.

Get the tune and enjoy your car :) Later you can do more mods and then re-tune.

98BlckCobraVert
08-12-2002, 09:02 PM
Good Advice, it will be the tune. Thanks again!