PDA

View Full Version : Westheimer's Bust


97CasperCobra
08-20-2002, 01:05 AM
Even though it's being talked about right now, I don't think any one of us wants to spend the night in jail and the least thing we want is our babies being hauled off on a flatbed tow-truck. I don't even think my car would get up on one of those it's so low. We should really think about where to have our "hang-out". Will Starbuck's security protect us from the HPD?? I don't think it will. Anyway, this is up for discussion, but I don't think we should meet in a parking lot, just standing around. Let's get some ideas, go to everyone's "neck of the woods" like before or something. Just a thought. Take care. Good seeing eveyone having a good time on Sat night. :thumbsup:

Andy M
08-20-2002, 08:57 AM
Mike, et al,

I agree we should definitely think about this and plan accordingly. At a minimum, we should plan to talk to the manager of the place of business we decide to meet at and ensure that he/she is fine with us gathering in their parking lot. Most of these places (restaurants and such) are more than willing, especially if we patronize their establishment.

Would be a total bummer to have been caught up in that unfortunate incident the other night!:mad: So, were the cops just arresting anyone and everyone who was there that night?? What if you were driving a wild car and just happened to drop by to do some real shopping?? Man, my lawyer would have a field day with that one?!!

Firme
08-20-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Andy M
Man, my lawyer would have a field day with that one?!!

so will most of the rich kids that got arrested saturday night... one thing that is causing a real heated debate is why everyone was arrested instead of being ticketed... furthermore... alot of cars were damaged

Starbucks is still okay, as long as we hang out inside drinking our coffee :rolleyes: :mad: ... you know, we could always contact the manager and get permission to be there on Saturday nights, I'm sure we can get written premission to be there if the manager is kewl....


from what I heard, Kmart was JAM packed on saturday, to where there was a line all the way out onto westheimer holding up traffic from people waiting to get in... thats nuts..

also, Otto's in stafford (in the Fountains right off 59) has told me many times that they are more than happy to have car enthusiasts hang out in their parking lot for show and shine...:bounce:

we should be okay as long as we don't go where a bunch of abnoxious kids hang out and do burnouts in the parking lot and trash the place....

Evilcartman
08-20-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Firme


also, Otto's in stafford (in the Fountains right off 59) has told me many times that they are more than happy to have car enthusiasts hang out in their parking lot for show and shine...:bounce:

we should be okay as long as we don't go where a bunch of abnoxious kids hang out and do burnouts in the parking lot and trash the place....

Sounds good to me. I like it when people want you there and you don't have to worry about being towed or listening to crappy music.

Firme
08-21-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Evilcartman


Sounds good to me. I like it when people want you there and you don't have to worry about being towed or listening to crappy music.

hey Evilcartman.... check your PM

Firme
08-27-2002, 01:00 PM
well, I don't think there will be any raids anytime soon...


check these out
:thumbsup:
:rotf:
http://www.click2houston.com/hou/news/theinvestigators/stories/theinvestigators-162752620020822-130822.html

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/82602_local_captain.html

JBejarano
08-27-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Firme
well, I don't think there will be any raids anytime soon...


check these out
:thumbsup:
:rotf:
http://www.click2houston.com/hou/news/theinvestigators/stories/theinvestigators-162752620020822-130822.html

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/82602_local_captain.html

I like how in the second link you posted, how the guy wants internal affairs to stop investigating him. :rolleyes:

AV8R
08-27-2002, 07:47 PM
Does anyone know if the $100 million lawsuit is an individual or a class action suit?

Jason

JBejarano
08-27-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by AV8R
Does anyone know if the $100 million lawsuit is an individual or a class action suit?

Jason

My dad told me that it was 1 Guy, which personally I think is ridiculous, even with having a permanent(sp?) record. I mean hell, Im pretty sure that there is a way for them to clear their record, so clear their record, reimburse them for court and lawyer fees, whatever it cost to get their car back, and MAYBE a couple of extra couple grand (you know, for some more mods;) )

Andy M
08-28-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by AV8R
Does anyone know if the $100 million lawsuit is an individual or a class action suit?

Jason Jason,

I believe it is an individual?...