PDA

View Full Version : Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona next year?

Andy M
08-27-2002, 06:52 AM
Folks,

I was fortunate enough to win a trip this past year to the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona Grand Am race in Daytona Fla. Boy, was that fun!!!!:D

I was just wondering if there would be any interest here in getting a group together to attend the race this coming year? It is held in late Jan./early Feb. and the weather is usually very mild. If we book early (at least in early December) we should be able to get some decent fares...and we could just stay in a cheap hotel. You tend to spend most of your time at the track any way.

This past year, we watched about 18-20 hours of the race...and only went back to the hotel to sleep for a little bit.

If you have never experienced anything like this?, you are in for a real treat! It is a blast!

Anyway, I am thinking of going again...and was just wondering if any of you would like to attend also??

Josh968
08-27-2002, 03:09 PM
13 views and no replies, so I'm gonna chime in here :D

I would love to go, and will definitely keep it in mind. But there is a lot of stuff up in the air for me, so I won't say anything one way or the other, yet.

Keep my fingers crossed, and who knows...

97CasperCobra
08-27-2002, 03:52 PM
You buy, I'll fly. :cool:

J/K, Don't think I'll be making it, got too many bills to pay and not enough $$$ to make the trip. What about the Texaco Grand Prix that comes here every Nov?? Anyone want to get the group together to go watch that??

Firme
08-27-2002, 04:56 PM
I would also fit under the maybe category. I won't know until a little closer to that time though...:(

Josh968
08-27-2002, 05:33 PM
Texaco Grand Prix would be great, if it was going to happen. I checked the schedule, no race. Dammit!
I think the organizers did it on purpose. They heard I was moving to Houston, and decided not to run it. Cretins.