PDA

View Full Version : League City Car show winnings

97CasperCobra
09-01-2002, 11:56 PM
Well guys, I just want to start off saying how proud I am of all of you who went and represented us out there this past Sat. To all of you who won and even those who didn't win, you still made a difference b/c you represented our group. I'm' getting the feeling that wherever we go we make an impressive sight on the crowd and we don't leave a bad impression. I think over time, we'll have a 100 members real quick. I want to bring up something that has been brought up to me. We were awarded $100 and a plaque for club participation and I wanted to get your opinions on what we should do with the money. Some suggestions are a pop-up tent with the SCMC logo on it to have at show/events, and I've thought about getting some SCMC logo stickers for our trophies. The stickers are a set-up fee of $35 and the cost depends on how many stickers you get. Anyway, I'm taking suggestions on what to do with the $$$, just wanted everyone's opinions and thoughts. Thanks and congrats to you all. :thumbsup:

Josh968
09-02-2002, 12:20 AM
I like the idea of a pop-up tent, even more so when there isn't much shade to be had sometimes, like yesterday. Or perhaps just put it towards the cost of the Joe Myers show?

Evilcartman
09-02-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by SVTJosh
I like the idea of a pop-up tent, even more so when there isn't much shade to be had sometimes, like yesterday. Or perhaps just put it towards the cost of the Joe Myers show?

I like both of those idea's. The tent may come in very handy in the next weeks.

Topless In Tex
09-02-2002, 04:01 AM
I think a tent is a great idea..One of the members of our Show Team has one, and we have used that thing to death!:thumbsup: If ya'll are gonna get serious into attending A BUNCH of shows..its almost a 'must have'. Specially around here. When there is only about 4 cool months in the year! Most of the places you show at are parking lots, or places w/ minimal shade or trees. Luckily, at our park, we do have alot of trees, but depending on where you are at, you might not be so lucky!
The other ideas are great too, but a tent is definetely a GREAT IDEA!
Congrats on the Club Participation! Ya'll have now been bitten by the bug!!!!! Your gonna love it!!!!
Cya soon! :banana: TNT :banana:

SVT99
09-02-2002, 10:46 AM
I agree with the tent! Needed badly if we're gonna keep attending shows. It could also be used at the Joe Meyers show as a rest area for club members or a registration area for new members. Always a use for one.

msmap
09-02-2002, 09:47 PM
I say we need the tent. It was sooooo hot. And Hooter's and FFW are just a few more examples of the heat. Plus, we need to make sure we get one that fits in a Cobra!!!!

Topless In Tex
09-02-2002, 11:56 PM
hehehe...Believe it or not...Im known as the hauler...I can haul about 6 chairs, a FULL SIZE TARP, my cleaning supply box, Trophies, Ice chest , the club banner and poles, and a number of other things...You get to utilize your trunk/floorboards very well. Just ask Steve. Hes witnessed it...one day I'll post a pic of all the crap I can fit in my car....you'd be amazed! And you can too! ;) I have faith in you! :D
:banana:TNT:banana:

cobrabitn
09-03-2002, 12:08 AM
Make sure to tie that SCC banner at the top of the tent, it'll look cool..... ;)

cobltng
09-03-2002, 11:34 AM
Some venues will not allow a pop up and FFW is one of them.They are allowed everywhere except the Car Show area. If one of these things get's loose from a small gust of wind it can play hell with someone's expensive paint in a hurry. We had a 14'x10' set in cinder blocks and it came loose and was a block away before I caught it. If you are really interested I have a NEW 12'x12' or 14'x14' not sure which still in the box. $50.00 and you are the new owner.

97CasperCobra
09-03-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by cobltng
If you are really interested I have a NEW 12'x12' or 14'x14' not sure which still in the box. $50.00 and you are the new owner.

Hmmmm...this sounds good. $50 for the tent, AND we can use the rest for the SCMC logo on the trophies. Think everyone will like the logos better than the steering wheel. Sound like a good deal?? Thanks John. :thumbsup:

sbc.cobra
09-03-2002, 06:22 PM
sorry i'm late in congratulating everyone. i had a great time at the show and i'm looking to make a habit out of this...can't be at the hooter's one this saturday b/c i have to go to a wedding in san antonio. i need for those '03 chrome wheels to hurry up and come in so i can draw a little more attention to my car. it was great meeting a lot of y'all. looking forward to hanging out in the future. :D

94 White Snake
09-03-2002, 07:27 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
The tent foe $55.00 and the logo for the trophies is a great idea.
White Snake:thumbsup:

Josh968
09-03-2002, 07:57 PM
Sounds good to me :bounce:

msmap
09-03-2002, 09:49 PM
I'll third it :bounce:

97CasperCobra
09-03-2002, 10:08 PM
Sweet....I'll call the trophy place and get it set up, Edmond let's get together so we can exchange the $$$$, John can get us the tent whenever we see him next. Glad we could get a group decision on this. :thumbsup:

sbc.cobra
09-04-2002, 12:01 AM
i'll chip in.

97CasperCobra
09-04-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by sbc.cobra
i'll chip in.

No, you don't have to man....it's ALL taken care of. Now if you want to chip in for the "Casper Fix-up Fund" you can. ;) :D

sbc.cobra
09-04-2002, 12:19 AM
i have to fix up my own car first...tell you what, if i win the lottery, i'll give you a little to "fix" up the car.

97CasperCobra
09-04-2002, 12:21 AM
Sweet :thumbsup: , thanks man. I'll take what I can get.

msmap
09-04-2002, 06:31 PM
Let's just have John bring it to the car show. I'm sure we will need some shade somewhere. Probably could use it for registration and all the paper work there. Are we doing goodie bags?

97CasperCobra
09-04-2002, 10:00 PM
Well, I went by the trophy place today and the trophies were all assembled. The look beautiful. I won't say what they look like, but everyone will be impressed. I couldn't get the SCMC logo thing on the top, but it's ok. I'll still use the $35 for the set-up for our next event when we need trophies. Just wanted to keep everyone updated. Later.

Firme
09-05-2002, 12:48 AM
is there any way to get some more awards from the cash for some of the classic cars??

the classic fords that said they were thinking about coming seemed to show some concern as to the lack of classes for them (duh)

:doubt: but I guess it would attract more people

:retard:

msmap
09-05-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Firme
is there any way to get some more awards from the cash for some of the classic cars??

the classic fords that said they were thinking about coming seemed to show some concern as to the lack of classes for them (duh)

:doubt: but I guess it would attract more people

:retard:

Great thought, Edmond. How about 2 or 3 for the classics, Mike. I'd chip in if need be.

97CasperCobra
09-05-2002, 10:27 AM
I'm sure we could do this, but what would the classes be?? I'm sure Tony will chime in here sometime to tell us what we should do. It's a good idea, I just don't know what the classes should be. Any ideas are welcome.

Firme
09-05-2002, 12:12 PM
i'm just gonna blurt out categories, maybe it will help us piece together some classes..

you have your hotrods/roadsters... anywhere from the 1920's to 60's

your bigger muscle cars, Gran Torino and Fairmonts..

classic mustangs 64 1/2 - 67

classic mustangs 68-73

wierd mustangs/ IIs 74-78

79-85 fox bodies

86-92/3 fox bodies

misc fords

custom/ fabricated cars (IE AC Cobra replicas)

cobrabitn
09-05-2002, 12:20 PM
The Mustang classes should be taken care of with the Cobra categories. I would just put the rest in the "special interest" category. Isn't that what they are? You don't know the turnout yet and sometimes people say they are coming and they don't. For example, our Atlanta show. The Lightning guys said they would bring 15 Lightnings there, guess what? 1 Lightning showed up. We specifically made that category for them. Of course, each region can do things differently so what ever you guys decide.

I would try the 10 categories this year and if you need to adjust then I have some great ideas for next year and we'll see how they work out, okay?

Just my opinion, you go with what you think is best. You know TX better then I do...:thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
09-05-2002, 02:50 PM
Let's just stick to the classes we have for now. I'm not sure if the trophy place can make the trophies in time, and there's the fact that some say they'll show and they won't. We can expand it next year if the need is there. The good thing about this first one is that we can learn and adjust accordingly.

msmap
09-05-2002, 05:17 PM
Classic mustangs should be divided in:

64 1/2 - 1970 all the same body style

1971 - 1973 the BIG bodies

1974 - 1978 mustang II

1979 - 1993 fox bodies
I doubt there would be any mustang II's out but I think the classics should be in their own catagory and not with the special interest oldies. MHO