PDA

View Full Version : Is there any want for.....at the car show??

97CasperCobra
09-03-2002, 09:43 PM
Thinking of getting some guys I know who can photograph really well to take some pics of the entrants as the enter the car show, then having them available to buy on a 8x10. I'm going to scout for a cool backdrop, with "SVT Cobra Mustang Club First Annual Car Show" and our logo on the photo. Just want to know who would want that if we had one available. Thanks.

JBejarano
09-03-2002, 10:18 PM
hey Mike, is there a class for cars with chipped windshields (had it fixed, but you can still tell it was there), and "less than perfect" paint? :D As you can tell, I'm having second thoughts about going due to the fact that my car is in NO WAY ready to even think about winning a show. :doubt: Though it would be great to finally meet you guys in person. :thumbsup: Hmm, hate when I cant make a decision :( :D

On edit:
Oh yeah, an 8x10 of my ride would be nice! I'm all for, what would they be runnin?

97CasperCobra
09-03-2002, 10:25 PM
Jose...come one. Most everyone here has their Cobra as a daily driver. I've got plenty of chips in the paint, I'm not looking to win anything, just having a good time. Hope you come out, send in your registration early to get registered for the pre-registration raffle!!!! :thumbsup:

SVT99
09-03-2002, 10:25 PM
I've had cracks repaired in windshield also. Have some chips in paint too! Doesn't stop me from showing. Still win some awards with the the car like that. Go to have fun, not for the sole purpose of winning. That ensures you won't have fun if you only go to win. Matter of fact won an award this past weekend at the League City show. So it doesn't mean you won't do well.

JBejarano
09-03-2002, 10:28 PM
yeah "true dat" I need to get off my ass and go to things and meet people, so I'll be there!:thumbsup: Especially to get some snap shots of any and every '03 cobra there!Those things are hella cool :eek: I've got the form Mike, its going out tomorrow! :thumbsup:

cobrapace94
09-03-2002, 10:49 PM
Come out and show. Nobody has more miles than me, 113500 or as many rock paint chips on the front end. Looks like somebody shot it with a shot gun. It makes me clean it up good. You'll have a good time.

97CasperCobra
09-03-2002, 10:50 PM
Good to hear Jose. Finally I can meet ya. Send that baby in!! :thumbsup:

JBejarano
09-03-2002, 10:55 PM
Did you ever get your '03 wheels on? any pics or are you gonna keep us in suspense until the show?

Evilcartman
09-03-2002, 10:59 PM
Yeah, it's cool just hanging out with good people. I won an award and I didn't think I would. I was going to cancel because of a broken fog light, but then I got a spare one from a friend. The other '03 was a cleaner car with less miles on it. It's just fun to hang out and watch people look at all the cars. Plus, if you are a car person, you can do the same.

sbc.cobra
09-03-2002, 11:00 PM
how much do you anticipate for the pictures casper? sounds like a good idea. i need to hurry and send my early registration in....wish i had the chrome '03 wheels for the show...oh well, i'll have them next year for sure.

97CasperCobra
09-03-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by JBejarano
Did you ever get your '03 wheels on? any pics or are you gonna keep us in suspense until the show?

You'll see them soon enough.

The pics will probably be around $15?? Not sure though.

Andy M
09-04-2002, 07:09 AM
Mike,

I just bought a really cool new digital camera... Sony DSC F707. It is 5.1 megapixels and takes some awesome pictures. I also have a great HP printer to make prints on. When the camera is set on high res, I can print an 8X10 with 35mm quality.

Let me know if you'd like me to take some pics at the show? If you'd like, I could trade what ever other job you had in mind for me in favor of taking pics instead??

email me to discuss... or call me.

cobltng
09-04-2002, 03:15 PM
Hey.......the pic's would be really coooooool, besides that I am bringing a half doz. or so Chic's from the Men's Club

msmap
09-04-2002, 05:39 PM
Hey Jose, come on out. I had it out with a rock on the windshield and lost. I had it filled and you can see it but I won an award this past Sat with it. As Keith says, it's fun to hang out and watch people drooling over the Cobras and to see some nice very nice cars.

JBejarano
09-04-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by msmap
Hey Jose, come on out. I had it out with a rock on the windshield and lost. I had it filled and you can see it but I won an award this past Sat with it. As Keith says, it's fun to hang out and watch people drooling over the Cobras and to see some nice very nice cars.

Sherri, mailed my entry form to Mike today :thumbsup: I figure it will be more than worth it to finally meet everybody and to be surrounded by a plethora (sp?) of Cobra's!

Topless In Tex
09-04-2002, 08:39 PM
I wouldn't worry ya'll about chips in windshields and dings in your paint...Mine is about to turn over 106K Daily Driven miles..shes looking the worst she has EVER looked right now. Since my move and other things, shes been terribly neglected..
When we judge, we dont count off alot of points for all that. We look at each catagory, and in each subsection, only take off minimal points unless we see alot of rust and cancer, bad bondo, CRACKS in windshields, holes in fiberglass or metal, etc. Usually your good points in your car will make up for the deductions in your weak points..
My paint is terrible, but its the factory paint, and its been thru hell....
I dont know how ya'lls car show will be judged...but NONE of ya'll have enough wrong w/ your cars to warrent not showing them.
Believe me, we've judged some '5' or less cars!!!! That were just filthy and in terrible condition on top of that! :what: So.....Ya'll should NOT EVEN worry about a few minor dings and chips...
Just my opinion of corse! :yup:

Cya soon! :banana:TNT:banana:

cobrabitn
09-05-2002, 11:15 AM
Can I say something here or am I allowed in this forum? LOL....

When we did our cruise ins in NC, no one hung around the cars cleaning, everyone was up chatting, looking at other cars and eating lunch together. I went to the Grand National and won second place and I spent about 15 minutes at the show cleaning the car up. Get the car clean the day before and go to the show to meet people and have fun.... Sorry, you can go back now to your topic... :rotf: