PDA

View Full Version : Knocking sound

Musio
09-05-2002, 12:42 AM
Hi, I'm new to this forum, and was wondering if any one has the same problem as I do?
My 99 cobra developed a knocking sound but not at cold startup, instead it starts to knock when it warms up. It sounds like valves are knocking but only at the back of the engine.
The car has 75 000 kilometers and it's stock. Thanks.

cobrabitn
09-05-2002, 10:56 AM
You will need to know for sure where the noise is coming form. Use a stethoscope or screwdriver and hold it ot the engine to isolate the noise. Sound moves through metal and it may be misleading. Most likely, chain slap form a tensioner as this is common. Get a second opinion form someone close by to help find where the sound is coming from....

Big Daddy
09-05-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
You will need to know for sure where the noise is coming form. Use a stethoscope or screwdriver and hold it ot the engine to isolate the noise. Sound moves through metal and it may be misleading. Most likely, chain slap form a tensioner as this is common. Get a second opinion form someone close by to help find where the sound is coming from....

Since JOHN didn't do this I guess I will two points for "FORM" twice! :D :D :D :D ;)