PDA

View Full Version : exhausted


flynfink
09-05-2002, 11:09 PM
Anyone have any experience with the MagnaFlow? Sean Heyland recommended the system pretty highly. Any of our vendors got a good price?

What about the Steeda system? looks good, does it work well?

Catback only on a 99. not planning onoff-road pipe or h or x for a few years.

JBejarano
09-05-2002, 11:18 PM
got the magnaflow on my 99 and I must say that it is great. I had a pair of Race Bullet mufflers welded in place of the stockers at first and after switching to a complete cat-back, I must say it definatly "felt" like I had more power. I need to get back to a dyno to be sure. As far as sound goes, even with my O/R H, its pretty tame if I am cruising around, but as soon as I step on it, it roars!!! :thumbsup:

smashedheadcat
09-05-2002, 11:29 PM
From what i've heard, Steeda's side exit exhaust kit is made by Borla (pretty sure anyway). I've got the borla's, and i've been nothing shy of exstatic about them. they are wonderful, super high quality and they have a unique sound. After all the mods (esp the headers and H-pipe) the sound changed completely. My car no longer sounds like a mustang. Not at any rpm. It's a very great sound indeed. In a nutshell, borla makes a very high quality exhaust and a wonderful sound note no matter what you've got upstream. Even with the off road H-pipe, it doesn't pop at all, and there is minimal interior noise. Mash the gas, and everyone's gonna hear it though. :D

tnturbo
09-08-2002, 06:03 AM
I'm real happy with the Magnaflow catback on my 96. I've also got a Bassani off road X. The cheapest place to buy one is from Full Line exhaust. I paid $330 shipped for mine, not bad for a full stainless exhaust. The tips are adjustable which is both good and bad. I would suggest getting them where you want them and then having the tips spot welded to the pipe. The set screw that clamps the tip in place is too small and will work loose, allowing the tips to move. The Magnaflow tips will also accomodate the Bassani baffles if you need to quieten it down.

flynfink
09-20-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by tnturbo
I'm real happy with the Magnaflow catback on my 96. I've also got a Bassani off road X. The cheapest place to buy one is from Full Line exhaust. I paid $330 shipped for mine, not bad for a full stainless exhaust. The tips are adjustable which is both good and bad. I would suggest getting them where you want them and then having the tips spot welded to the pipe. The set screw that clamps the tip in place is too small and will work loose, allowing the tips to move. The Magnaflow tips will also accomodate the Bassani baffles if you need to quieten it down.

Hey TNT, how did you order them from full line?

cobrabitn
09-20-2002, 09:20 PM
Jeff,

Try Fast Lane Motorsports, our newest vendor, or wait till we do our group purchase this year from Houston Performance. ;)

flynfink
09-20-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Jeff,

Try Fast Lane Motorsports, our newest vendor, or wait till we do our group purchase this year from Houston Performance. ;)

GPB (Tony), I wanted them on B 4 Dragon Run,, vrrooooom, vrooom..:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Fast Lanes Web site leaves a lot to be desired.:o, It has some bugs in the code.

I called Houston Performance and left a message about 1:30 today and haven't got a call back.:(

tnturbo
09-20-2002, 11:39 PM
Full Line has a website, www.fulllineexhaust.com I got their number and called them up. Their service has always been first rate for me (ordered from the twice) Give them a call. they are in the Southeast so shipping will be fast. I don't think they have online ordering, but they carry most major brands at real good prices and take credit cards over the phone. Their website has links to Magnaflow's site for a catalog and pictures. If you call them, they will know what part number you need. I know people who bought the same exhaust I have on group purchases and paid more $$.

tnturbo
09-21-2002, 05:51 AM
I just dug out my invoice from full line. Ordered 6/13/02, paid 303.46 for the exhaust and $36.00 for shipping.Total was $339.46. Phone number is 1-800-264-8035 hope this helps, best of luck

flynfink
10-02-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by tnturbo
I just dug out my invoice from full line. Ordered 6/13/02, paid 303.46 for the exhaust and $36.00 for shipping.Total was $339.46. Phone number is 1-800-264-8035 hope this helps, best of luck

Called them today and they matched the price. I'm hoping to have it on B 4 the Dragon Run. Anyone got a lift in Charlotte for an hour?

Yellow98Snake
10-02-2002, 11:55 PM
I installed a MagnaFlow catback on my 98 earlier this year. The fit was tight and it took me several days of tweaking to get things like I wanted them (tips lined up perfectly), but it was worth it. Honestly, the exhaust note is not much louder than stock at idle, but get on the gas, and it roars... No popping or highway drone, either. I wouldn't want the exhaust any louder for long freeway trips. If you are looking for a LOUD exhaust, look elsewhere.

Heck, I even ordered the system intended for the 96-97 model and it fit my 98 without any clearance issues. I just had to buy 96-97 tip hangers. I went with the 96-97 model because the 98 model wasn't all stainless.

The big 3.5" tips look good to me now. I was a little skeptical at first. Now when I see stock sized tips, they look wimpy. The finish is incredible, the mufflers and tips are mirror polished. It was a shame to mount all that shiny stuff under the car, where no one can see them.

flynfink
10-08-2002, 02:29 PM
They are on. Sound great. about 2 hrs. to install w/ the car on jack stand and fiddling with lining things up. Tips look great. Yellow98Snake is right, not too loud, but get on it and it's got a great tone. See ya'll on the Dragon Run