PDA

View Full Version : fall drag day


tnturbo
09-08-2002, 05:26 PM
Is this event in conjunction with the SVTOA or is it just SCMC? According to www.carolinadragway.com/schedule1.htm November 9 is Atlanta SVTOA vs. South Carolina SVTOA and grudge racing SCMC is not mentioned. I was just wondering as I would like to attend this event, but before I drive over I want to clarify all the details. Also, how far is Jackson from the coast?

cobrabitn
09-08-2002, 08:13 PM
This is an SCMC event. Some SVTOA members will be there but this our event and they are our guests. The dragstrip is about 3.5 hours from Charlotte, NC. Probably about 7.0 hours from Knoxville, TN. I would suggest an overnight stay somewhere in between.

I will be sending a message to the dragstrip to get them to correct the event to an SCMC event, sorry for this mix-up. I believe this was an oversight on the dragway's part.

Tony

Big Daddy
09-09-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
This is an SCMC event. Some SVTOA members will be there but this our event and they are our guests. The dragstrip is about 3.5 hours from Charlotte, NC. Probably about 7.0 hours from Knoxville, TN. I would suggest an overnight stay somewhere in between.

I will be sending a message to the dragstrip to get them to correct the event to an SCMC event, sorry for this mix-up. I believe this was an oversight on the dragway's part.

Tony

It was about a 3.5 hour drive from Asheville so I don't think it will take 7 hours from Knoxville Craig. Maybe 5 to 5.5 hours but still a long drive in the morning! ;)

smashedheadcat
09-09-2002, 03:02 AM
I think I may be able to get to this one. :D :D

smashedheadcat
09-09-2002, 03:11 AM
OH MY!! That's a long haul for me. Just a hair shy of 400 miles... Ehh, if the car's runnin, i'll go. Need a tune, and some tires couldn't hurt either. :)

cobrabitn
09-09-2002, 08:10 AM
Um, where is Cherry Point, NC?

Ken 01-Cobra
09-09-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Um, where is Cherry Point, NC?

Heheh...hey Tony...you're obviously not an old Marine!

IIRC...it is in the far southeast corner of the state on the coast. Although MY time there all I could think of was getting as far away from it as I could! ;) :D

tnturbo
09-09-2002, 06:09 PM
I think that I will be there. Got a lot of work to do to the car between now and then. Probably drive down the day before and stay near the track. Does anybody know if there is a place to get a nitrous bottle filled near the track? :evil:

smashedheadcat
09-09-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Um, where is Cherry Point, NC?

Cherry Point is a huge airfield located right in the town of Havelock, NC. Nice place indeed ;) ;):rolleyes:

smashedheadcat
09-09-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Heheh...hey Tony...you're obviously not an old Marine!

IIRC...it is in the far southeast corner of the state on the coast. Although MY time there all I could think of was getting as far away from it as I could! ;) :D

Ha ha. Obviously not. Believe it or not, this is my second tour here. I was here from December of 99 til January '01. I went to japan, and I chose to come back here. Friends, weather, and the possibility of hitting a ton of events influenced my return. But, this isn't the best place in the world by any means. :D

Ken 01-Cobra
09-09-2002, 10:52 PM
Hey, maybe it is nicer today than it was back in the late 60's! ;) :D But I wouldn't bet very much on it!

smashedheadcat
09-10-2002, 12:53 AM
So they say life here has improved over the past few decades........... it must have really been terrible back in the day.

Ken 01-Cobra
09-10-2002, 05:54 AM
Just a typical military town...like Pensacola, San Diego, etc. The same live/hate relationship. We love your money, but stay out of town kind of thing...;)

cobrabitn
09-10-2002, 10:36 AM
TnTurbo,

e-mail Paul about the nitrous bottle, he may know where to get you a refill. paull@avondalemills.com

smashedheadcat
09-10-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Just a typical military town...like Pensacola, San Diego, etc. The same live/hate relationship. We love your money, but stay out of town kind of thing...;)

I couldn't have said it better myself. Too bad they don't get any of my money. Vortech, SHM, and Summit get all my money. I live off of Ramen noodles, Ravioli, and generic brand cherrio's. :D:D

I'm not lie'n either. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

temjin9876
09-10-2002, 08:49 PM
I am psyched about this event because this will be my first trip to the strip.

I am really fuzzy though on some of the formalities. The Carolina Dragway website listed that you need a helmet...so what kind do I need? Getting ready for the event is squeezing the wallet as far as it will go and am clueless about waht to do about the helmet. Do you know if they rent them there?

thanx

Ken 01-Cobra
09-10-2002, 10:04 PM
I guess BAQ and COMRATS ain't been upgraded to much then. Of course, I couldn't afford a Stang when I was in, but I still ate on the cheap. :D They used to have a soy-ground beef mixture that was like half the price of hamburger. Thank gawd THAT stuff has gone bye-bye!

Ken 01-Cobra
09-10-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by temjin9876
I am psyched about this event because this will be my first trip to the strip.

I am really fuzzy though on some of the formalities. The Carolina Dragway website listed that you need a helmet...so what kind do I need? Getting ready for the event is squeezing the wallet as far as it will go and am clueless about waht to do about the helmet. Do you know if they rent them there?

thanx
They have loaners on a first come, first served basis...or at least they did last year. You can probably get away with a motorcycle helmet, but if you're going to be doing on track events, go ahead and spring for a good SA rated one. You'll need one of those to pass tech anyway.

NO 5 OH
09-11-2002, 12:16 AM
I'm gonna try to be there too... if my car's finished as well. Should be my first trip down a 1/4 mile strip.

Anybody got any guesses as to what the 4 banger car will run ;)

cobrabitn
09-11-2002, 10:00 AM
Shannon,

15's, maybe high 14's is my guess??

smashedheadcat
09-11-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
I guess BAQ and COMRATS ain't been upgraded to much then. Of course, I couldn't afford a Stang when I was in, but I still ate on the cheap. :D They used to have a soy-ground beef mixture that was like half the price of hamburger. Thank gawd THAT stuff has gone bye-bye!

The COMRATS are actually pretty sufficient it guess. It's just, if i don't spend all my money on food, beer, etc. etc. then i can spend it on my car. I think i'm doing pretty good for a 21 year old. I've got a quick 97 cobra convt, a slow 93 Gt convt, and a 2002 Yamaha GP1200 R waverunner, gas powered RS4-2 RC car (saleen), a play station 2, computer, and a TV. And i've paid for all this stuff myself. That's why i live on cheap food. :D:D Must have my toys!!!!!!!!

cobrabitn
09-11-2002, 01:37 PM
That's really great Josh. You deserve a sincere round of applause. I admire youth that can learn the value of a dollar and hold themselves accountable.

Ken 01-Cobra
09-11-2002, 01:38 PM
Like I said, when I was in, it was next to impossible to own a "performance" car of any kind unless you owned it before you joined, or re-upped for the $10k bonus, so I'd say things had changed for the better! My "big" purchase when I was in was an air conditioner! ;) :D This meant that people would bring beer to MY house to party! :thumbsup:

smashedheadcat
09-11-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
That's really great Josh. You deserve a sincere round of applause. I admire youth that can learn the value of a dollar and hold themselves accountable.

**Takes a bow with a smile**

Thanks for the compliment. I just see this a prime time to get the toys. You know, no wife, no kids, guarenteed pay-check. Can't beat that (for now anyway). I think the "higher ups" are probably thinking i sell drugs or something. I don't do any of that stuff, it's just i know what i want, and what i have to do (or not to do) to get it. If i need more car parts..... i just get skinnier. He he he:D :D

smashedheadcat
09-11-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Like I said, when I was in, it was next to impossible to own a "performance" car of any kind unless you owned it before you joined, or re-upped for the $10k bonus, so I'd say things had changed for the better! My "big" purchase when I was in was an air conditioner! ;) :D This meant that people would bring beer to MY house to party! :thumbsup:

Things could be a lot worse than they are for me. i'm a Cpl, i've been in for 3 years and some change. I fly, so that's a big boost in pay. I make about $1800 a month (which is way more than most). Most people with my time/rank get about 1200 a month or so. I just put pay my bills, then take about 75% of my remaining $$ and stuff it into my checking account. Add in the VISA check card, a 1/2 hour on the computer, and here comes car parts. Yeah, i usually run out of money a few days before pay day, but when $5 worth of ramen noodles will feed me for a few weeks, everything works out. I'm so bad. :D

Ken 01-Cobra
09-11-2002, 05:44 PM
Damn! For sure times are better now! Must be the all volunteer force. :D I remember that when I was first married as an E-2, I got $96 every two weeks take home and $120/mo. BAQ and COMRATS. This was to pay for off base housing and food for 3 after my daughter was born. I don't remember what the pay was as an E-4 over 4 when I got out, but I think it was like $225 every 2 weeks take home, and the BAQ and COMRATS came to something like $180/mo. The average apartment in town was over $200/mo. so you might assume that one didn't live in the best parts of town. ;) And as far as I know, flight pay was reserved for officers, though it might have extended to those who flew every day. I know I didn't get it when I did missions that included flying.

So, this didn't leave a lot left over for cars. Especially when you figure that your cleaning, etc. all came out of that to. Of course, if you "knew" somebody you could always eat at the base when you were there. ;) It saved a couple of bucks...

But, you're right. The service is a great way to get training, and get a leg up on life. Without it, I would have worked on an assembly line all my life. Nothing against those that do that, but I don't think I would have been real happy doing it! I do hope you're doing some put away for college. One of our real bennies was that we had a much better GI Bill than you guys do. We didn't have to contribute up front to get the bennies. But 2 for 1 is better than nothing!

smashedheadcat
09-11-2002, 06:24 PM
Holy poopie!!! That would've been rough. That kinda reminds me of when i first got in. On boot leave, i went to the ford dealer, and picked up a 1997 Black Cobra coupe w/ 14,xxx miles for $19,500 (this was june of 99). I put $5000 down on it (money i had saved prior to me joining). Needless to say, between insurance and car payment was about $550 a month. I was a private at the time, so i made right at $323 every two weeks. That's just shy of $650 a month. Doing the math, that gave me less than $100 a month to spend. I did that for 3 months. I moved up in the world when i was promoted. I made $404 every two weeks. I felt rich then. ha ha ha. I kept the car for about a year and a half, and sold it 1 day prior to leaving for japan. January 14th, 2001. I sold it to a local old man in my town for $19,500. (41,xxx miles). It probably wasn't worth that, but it was taken care of by a young kid that worked his arse off for the car I'd always wanted. With barely enough money for gas, this old girl was sitting a lot. I had nothing to do but clean it, and wax it. I still see the car every now and then, and it still looks wonderful.

Venimuz
09-11-2002, 09:43 PM
Does anyone know what age you have to be to be eligable to race on the dragstrip? Can you race with a permit? Any help, and less criticism would be very helpful.

Chelsea

Ken 01-Cobra
09-11-2002, 10:11 PM
Hey smashed...if you make it down to the event, be sure to look me up. Us Jarheads got to stick together! :D

Ken 01-Cobra
09-11-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Venimuz
Does anyone know what age you have to be to be eligable to race on the dragstrip? Can you race with a permit? Any help, and less criticism would be very helpful.

Chelsea
Hey Chelsea...I think you have to be a licensed driver to drive at the track, but I am not at all sure about that. Perhaps someone who actually knows for sure can answer this question.

Now, what was the meaning of the "less criticism" comment? From your sig, you've only posted here once, so how could anyone have criticized you?

Mr. Ed
09-11-2002, 10:41 PM
Well, let's see now. After Basic & other schools in '68, I arrived CPNC Feb69. Was there until Jun70. Then off to Chu Lai & DaNang RVN, MCAF, Marble Mtn & Khe Sanh. For the rest of my 20+years I must have gone everywhere else the Marines go except Europe. Missed that because I was in Hawaii and then Southern Cal(El Toro & later North Island in San Diego.(the good life):thumbsup: Can't say alot about CPNC & Beaufort SC. They are just there. The wild & craziest places I remember were Olongapo City, Perth, Australia, Osan & Taegu in Korea, Bangkok, Thailand, and Taipei.:D:rotf: DogPatch in DaNang was fun, but dangerous back then.:eek: Saigon(RVN), Iwakuni & Okinawa, Japan was fun also. Finished my career back at CPNC in Jul89. :cool: Well, enough of this boring non-Cobra nostalgia. Sorry!:zz: :flag: Jackson, SC: "Hotter than a pepper sprout"! Be there! Aloha!:burnout:

White98SVT
09-11-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by temjin9876
I am psyched about this event because this will be my first trip to the strip.

I am really fuzzy though on some of the formalities. The Carolina Dragway website listed that you need a helmet...so what kind do I need? Getting ready for the event is squeezing the wallet as far as it will go and am clueless about waht to do about the helmet. Do you know if they rent them there?

thanx

Hey man, I'm thinking about heading up as well. Do you maybe want to cruise up together if everything goes well and I can make it?

smashedheadcat
09-11-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Hey smashed...if you make it down to the event, be sure to look me up. Us Jarheads got to stick together! :D

I certainly will. I'll be easy to spot i'm sure. Funky hair cut and all. ha ha ha. I'll make it down. I'll definately get out there somehow i'm sure. I'll make sure i don't have anything going on. (duty section, SDO, flying etc) I need to get a helmet too. I don't know where mine is. I'll have to call my parents and see if they can find it, then toss it in the mail. I'm kinda worried if my passes will be numbered. May be too quick for a Vert with no roll bar. :(:burnout:

smashedheadcat
09-11-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by elbcar
Well, let's see now. After Basic & other schools in '68, I arrived CPNC Feb69. Was there until Jun70. Then off to Chu Lai & DaNang RVN, MCAF, Marble Mtn & Khe Sanh. For the rest of my 20+years I must have gone everywhere else the Marines go except Europe. Missed that because I was in Hawaii and then Southern Cal(El Toro & later North Island in San Diego.(the good life):thumbsup: Can't say alot about CPNC & Beaufort SC. They are just there. The wild & craziest places I remember were Olongapo City, Perth, Australia, Osan & Taegu in Korea, Bangkok, Thailand, and Taipei.:D:rotf: DogPatch in DaNang was fun, but dangerous back then.:eek: Saigon(RVN), Iwakuni & Okinawa, Japan was fun also. Finished my career back at CPNC in Jul89. :cool: Well, enough of this boring non-Cobra nostalgia. Sorry!:zz: :flag: Jackson, SC: "Hotter than a pepper sprout"! Be there! Aloha!:burnout:

**CPL Robinson SALUTES, and gives the proper greeting**

I'm gonna give ya my list sir: San Diego, Pensacola, Cherry Point, Okinawa, Iwa Kuni, Iwo Jima, Wake Island, Hawaii, Kwajelum, Manilla, Angeles city :D, Bangkok, Singapore, Kef Iceland, Malaysia, Darwin Aus., Afganisan, Uzbekestan, Pakistan, Saudi, Indonesia, Micronesia, Germany, Greece, Italy, Norway, St John Canada, Lajes Portugal, Djibouti, Somalia, Bahrain, Diego Garcia, Guam, Kunsan and Osan Korea, Nagasaki, Tokyo, Rota Spain, blah blah blah.... Something like that.... just about everywhere but Antartica and South America.

**CPL Robinson SALUTES, and gives the proper greeting, ABOUT FACES, and carries on with the plan of the day** :D :D

Ken 01-Cobra
09-12-2002, 05:43 AM
Looks like we have a jump on an SCMC Marine squad at the Drag Day event! :cool:

Hey Ed...you were 1 year ahead of me. I only spent my 4 in though. 69-73. Spent my time working on RF-8G's and RF-4B's.

Ken 01-Cobra
09-12-2002, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by smashedheadcat
I certainly will. I'll be easy to spot i'm sure. Funky hair cut and all. ha ha ha. I'll make it down. I'll definately get out there somehow i'm sure. I'll make sure i don't have anything going on. (duty section, SDO, flying etc) I need to get a helmet too. I don't know where mine is. I'll have to call my parents and see if they can find it, then toss it in the mail. I'm kinda worried if my passes will be numbered. May be too quick for a Vert with no roll bar. :(:burnout:
Hey...I still keep mine short most of the time. It's comfortable and it is cooler in the Atlanta summer! :D

If you need a rollbar drop me an email. I am not sure if they will let you run at all without one. To much of a liability issue these days. I know someone that has one for sale at a very good price.

cobrabitn
09-12-2002, 10:49 AM
They will not let you run without one but I e-mailed one of the guys at IHRA and he stated that the car had to run better then 11.50 in order for a rollbar to be required in a vert. Not sure what to do now????

Ken 01-Cobra
09-12-2002, 02:53 PM
I think the confusion comes from the words "recommended" and "required" in the rulebooks. IHRA RECOMMENDS that ALL verts have roll bars, or at least that is what I was told. They REQUIRE roll bars in verts in the 11's. (as well as coupes I think) Because the sanctioning body recommends them, the tracks are afraid if they let someone run without them and something bad happens, they will be sued for not implementing the recommendations of their sanctioning body. At least, this is how it was explained to me...it may be pure BS, but in todays sue happy society, it made sense.

smashedheadcat
09-12-2002, 05:48 PM
I don't imagine my car's gonna break into the 11's. It's not tuned, and i've only got Firestone Firehawks on the back right now.... I'd be happy with a 12 sec time slip. Reguardless, i don't have a roll bar, cage, or anything. Just a normal vert with a few go fast goodies on it. (not tuned)

smashedheadcat
09-12-2002, 05:49 PM
I'm saving my pennies for a custom 6-point cage (similar to Dave Stanfield's)

Venimuz
09-13-2002, 01:04 AM
I was not sure if any of the people from say Stangnet or SVT Performance posted here. They gave me a real hard time about my age a few months back.

I also called the Carolina Dragway and they said you had to be a licensed driver & could not just simply have a permit. I really hate stupid law changes, although they could be for the best. Just my luck!:(

Ken 01-Cobra
09-13-2002, 04:06 AM
Well, I don't think anyone here would give you a real hard time about your age. We were all there once, and even I can barely remember it. ;)

Again I think it is a matter of the tracks trying to cover their rears in case of a problem. I know they used to let unlicensed people drive at the track, but today the risks of a lawsuit should something go wrong would probably make that impossible.

temjin9876
09-13-2002, 10:01 AM
Hey White98SVT...

that sounds great. Me and my girlfriend are driving there in my cobra and my friend is following in his cobra. We are stopping breifly in Augusta to pick up my girlfriend's friend who is going too.

Just give me a call closer down the road and we will figure it out.
i'll e-mail you the number

Peace,
Mike

smashedheadcat
09-13-2002, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the email Ken. I just sent him an email for more information. I really appreciate that. Thanks a lot.

Ken 01-Cobra
09-13-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by smashedheadcat
Thanks for the email Ken. I just sent him an email for more information. I really appreciate that. Thanks a lot.

Hey...I just found out that that is only a good deal if you're here to pick it up. If you go here: http://www.swracecars.com/ you will note that you can get it delivered to you for about the same price. At their normal price/delivery, his is a good deal but since you would need to get it delivered anyway, you're better off getting it from the manufacturer I think. Sorry about that, but I didn't realize they had dropped their price $40.00! :D

smashedheadcat
09-13-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Hey...I just found out that that is only a good deal if you're here to pick it up. If you go here: http://www.swracecars.com/ you will note that you can get it delivered to you for about the same price. At their normal price/delivery, his is a good deal but since you would need to get it delivered anyway, you're better off getting it from the manufacturer I think. Sorry about that, but I didn't realize they had dropped their price $40.00! :D

Well, it was worth a shot. I appreciate everything anyway. If they won't let me run there cuz i'm a vert without a roll bar........ then i honestly doubt i'd go. I've got so many things i'm saving for, i don't know where to begin. First off, new tires (rear) wouldn't hurt. I just forked out about $200 for parts on my car (Water pump pulley, Idler pulley **vortech**, and mounting bracket for the s/c). My car has never been to the dyno, so a tune is definately in the near future. I want a custom cage, but it's gonna run me about a thousand bones. Need chip/tune/cage/tires. But, if i can run without a cage, then i'll definately do it. But if i just travel 400 miles for a weekend, the wait for my "needs" gets longer. I'll definately go if i can run there. What fun is having this car if i can't play with it?? I'll call the dragway soon and find out if I'll be able to run this beast.

Ken 01-Cobra
09-13-2002, 10:09 PM
Heheh...so buy the $170 roll bar, and get one of your buds from the motorpool to weld it in for you. Heck, you should be able to make that up in a few weeks of Ramen! ;) That's a good price for an NHRA/IHRA roll bar delivered I think! And that will hold you till you get around to the custom cage...

tnturbo
09-14-2002, 09:39 PM
I say give a try with no bar. If they are running IHRA rules, and you are not fast enough to be required to have one it shouldn't be an issue. You would get at least one pass in anyway before they made you stop. When they ask for time, guess mid 13s and then run what you run, probably be alright.

I don't believe you are required to have an SA rated helmet until you get to the level of needing firesuits and such. A helmet is required, but MANY people I see run M rated helmets with no hassle even at things like NMRA and FFW. Are they going to require all the appropriate apparel for cars running in the 11s?

Ken 01-Cobra
09-15-2002, 08:15 AM
Unfortunately, I am pretty sure the answer will be no roll bar, no runs if you're a vert, but you can call the track to be sure. Again, the issue is track liability. As for full gear for cars in the 11's, I don't think so, but again, I am not sure. And you're right about the helmet...many do run with M rated helmets. If you're going to do any on track events though, you're going to need an SA helmet anyway, so if you're buying one, go ahead and get an SA rated one.

smashedheadcat
09-17-2002, 05:44 PM
The weekend came, and passed..... I got my car going temporarily. Being the kind of guy i am, i decided i couldn't wait for my pulley to come in (water pump pulley). So, i pulled off the "97 style" pulley, and took it to the auto hobby shop. I drilled the little "tacks" off of the pulley, and then used a hydraulic press to get the lip off it. SUCCESS!! I ground everthing smooth, and stuffed it back on. It works as advertised. I cancel'd my order for the pulley, and searched the ends of the earth for a belt that's long enough. I found one, and had a wonderful weekend. (track was closed though) Just to back up all the talk i've been doing over these past 8 months, i ran my buddy's '01 vette (6-speed). All i can say is i ran right by him. On deceleration, the belt broke. So it's awaiting a belt for the time being. :(

smashedheadcat
09-17-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Heheh...so buy the $170 roll bar, and get one of your buds from the motorpool to weld it in for you. Heck, you should be able to make that up in a few weeks of Ramen! ;) That's a good price for an NHRA/IHRA roll bar delivered I think! And that will hold you till you get around to the custom cage...

That's quality!! :D:D:D Haha ha ha. yeah, i probably can make that up in a few weeks. I just don't want to have to cut my interior all up (yet). And to make matters worse, my back window is shattered too. Bad luck just follows me around these days, let me tell ya.

Dave
09-17-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by smashedheadcat
I certainly will. I'll be easy to spot i'm sure. Funky hair cut and all. ha ha ha. I'll make it down. I'll definately get out there somehow i'm sure. I'll make sure i don't have anything going on. (duty section, SDO, flying etc) I need to get a helmet too. I don't know where mine is. I'll have to call my parents and see if they can find it, then toss it in the mail. I'm kinda worried if my passes will be numbered. May be too quick for a Vert with no roll bar. :(:burnout:

Carolina Dragway has two rules that exceed IHRA and NHRA safety regs. They require a roll bar on all convertibles and helmets on all drivers. Your ET is not a factor in those two requirements.

Dave
09-17-2002, 07:44 PM
Go the the tracks web site. www.carolinadragway.com and they have the rules listed. With NHRA you don't need a SA rated helmet until you are much faster than any of us will be running. The helmet does have to be SNELL 95 or higher.

Ken 01-Cobra
09-17-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by smashedheadcat
That's quality!! :D:D:D Haha ha ha. yeah, i probably can make that up in a few weeks. I just don't want to have to cut my interior all up (yet). And to make matters worse, my back window is shattered too. Bad luck just follows me around these days, let me tell ya.

All I can say is I am beginning to understand why you eat Ramen so much!!! Good luck with the car. My mom always told me that the bad crap and good stuff equaled each other in the end, so look at it this way...you're in for some good stuff any day now! ;)

smashedheadcat
09-18-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
All I can say is I am beginning to understand why you eat Ramen so much!!!
The more stuff i need, the skinnier i get.


[i]Good luck with the car. My mom always told me that the bad crap and good stuff equaled each other in the end, so look at it this way...you're in for some good stuff any day now! ;) [/B]

For all the trouble this thing's caused me, it should be in the 9's by now.

I'll get this thing runnin the way it's supposed to soon enough i hope. I'm beginning to think maybe my tensioner was overloaded or something. It came off yesterday while under a load......... Yes, it's the correct belt btw.

cobrabitn
09-18-2002, 11:16 AM
If your car is that fast, get a rollbar for safety and fun! :bounce:

smashedheadcat
09-18-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
If your car is that fast, get a rollbar for safety and fun! :bounce:

I need a window in the back :(. I believe i need a new belt tensioner, and i ordered vortech's $70 belt. The cage has to fit in there somewhere too. I need to get a part time job. Hmm, i may look into that. If i worked at Taco bell or something, i could live off of tacos, and spend the money i make there on car parts. Also, since i wouldn't have to buy food, i could also get some more stuff. I may have to look into that.

Ken 01-Cobra
09-18-2002, 10:22 PM
Sheesh...2 weeks of Ramen costs what, $1.40? I don't THINK that will buy many parts! ;) :D

smashedheadcat
09-18-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Sheesh...2 weeks of Ramen costs what, $1.40? I don't THINK that will buy many parts! ;) :D

That's true, but sometimes i like to treat myself to a feeling of luxurary and eat some Ravioli or something. Peanut butter and jelly sandwichs are also a nice treat. I can go an entire month, and spend about $30. That doesnt' include my waverunner payment, cobra payment, insurrance, car parts, cell phone, gas and the like. I can survive at minimal cost is the point i'm gettin at here. ha ha ha. But, if i were to spend a hundred or more dollars a month on food, then that really cuts into the go fast fund. :D :D :D

Ken 01-Cobra
09-19-2002, 10:23 AM
Heheh...I'll give you kudos for following your passion. Anyone that prefers cars to eating can't be all bad! ;) I guess if raviolli is a treat, MRE's are the lap of luxury, eh? :D

Shon Herron
09-19-2002, 04:09 PM
Well, if Phase II of PPMPOS is complete, I am planning on making the Nov 9th session. You guys always put on a good time!!

BTW, the trophy is really nice in the garage! I hope to take another one this year, if they are available!!

See ya there!

smashedheadcat
09-19-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Heheh...I'll give you kudos for following your passion. Anyone that prefers cars to eating can't be all bad! ;) I guess if raviolli is a treat, MRE's are the lap of luxury, eh? :D

Ha ha ha. The MRE's have come a long way since you were in i'm sure. I don't mind eating them, but they still are pretty discusting.

97whitevert
09-19-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Shon Herron
Well, if Phase II of PPMPOS is complete, I am planning on making the Nov 9th session. You guys always put on a good time!!

BTW, the trophy is really nice in the garage! I hope to take another one this year, if they are available!!

See ya there!

yeah well-- don't forget that 'girlie' cougar......LOL:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: maybe i 'll get you this time....

Ken 01-Cobra
09-19-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by smashedheadcat
Ha ha ha. The MRE's have come a long way since you were in i'm sure. I don't mind eating them, but they still are pretty discusting.
Hey, k-rats weren't all that bad once you got used to them! MRE's SOUND better than the old k-rats, but I still don't think I want "scrambled eggs" in any form other than from the shell! :eek: :D

Ken 01-Cobra
09-19-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Shon Herron
Well, if Phase II of PPMPOS is complete, I am planning on making the Nov 9th session. You guys always put on a good time!!

BTW, the trophy is really nice in the garage! I hope to take another one this year, if they are available!!

See ya there!
Ok, I'll bite...what is PPMPOS?

smashedheadcat
09-19-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Hey, k-rats weren't all that bad once you got used to them! MRE's SOUND better than the old k-rats, but I still don't think I want "scrambled eggs" in any form other than from the shell! :eek: :D

Who needs to eat anyway?? :D :D :D :D

smashedheadcat
09-19-2002, 11:56 PM
Hey Shon Herron. I've got a quick question for ya. My best friend just bought a '99 Z28 6-speed. He wants to know where the best place to start is for mods. He's got some $$, and is looking to run mid 12's or so. Thanks

Ken 01-Cobra
09-20-2002, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by smashedheadcat
Who needs to eat anyway?? :D :D :D :D
It is one of the pleasures of life I have grown accustomed to, and the reason my Snake is a tenth slower in the quarter mile than it has to be! :D :eek: ;)

Shon Herron
09-20-2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Ok, I'll bite...what is PPMPOS?

PPMPOS= Purple Pearl Metallic Piece of Sh!t

The PPM is the color code.
POS is the affectionate name my wife has for the car.

Shon Herron
09-20-2002, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by smashedheadcat
Hey Shon Herron. I've got a quick question for ya. My best friend just bought a '99 Z28 6-speed. He wants to know where the best place to start is for mods. He's got some $$, and is looking to run mid 12's or so. Thanks

M6's are rough on Clutches and rear ends. My advice is to get as much weight out/off the car as possible. This helps all aspects.
He can get a 'glass hood, Kmember/Aarms, and a simple exhaust.
I would start with a good clutch, I think Cartek is the company right now, they have an adj system and such. Then I would get some tires, at least BFG DRs, but would really go for the ET Streets. Then run the 10bolt until it broke, along the way, save up for a 12 bolt or 9"(yep a Ford product!) about $2200. Dont forget headers, air lid, pulleys. The M6s like 4.10s. Get some relocation brackets for the LCAs and some solid LCAs.

Email me for more ideas. Getting the LS1s into the 12s is EASY!! If he want to spray it then he might need to think about 11s.

Ken 01-Cobra
09-20-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Shon Herron
PPMPOS= Purple Pearl Metallic Piece of Sh!t

The PPM is the color code.
POS is the affectionate name my wife has for the car.
Heheh...just so long as that is not her name for YOU, you're home free! ;)

smashedheadcat
09-20-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
It is one of the pleasures of life I have grown accustomed to, and the reason my Snake is a tenth slower in the quarter mile than it has to be! :D :eek: ;)

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: That's classic!!

smashedheadcat
09-20-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Shon Herron
M6's are rough on Clutches and rear ends. My advice is to get as much weight out/off the car as possible. This helps all aspects.
He can get a 'glass hood, Kmember/Aarms, and a simple exhaust.
I would start with a good clutch, I think Cartek is the company right now, they have an adj system and such. Then I would get some tires, at least BFG DRs, but would really go for the ET Streets. Then run the 10bolt until it broke, along the way, save up for a 12 bolt or 9"(yep a Ford product!) about $2200. Dont forget headers, air lid, pulleys. The M6s like 4.10s. Get some relocation brackets for the LCAs and some solid LCAs.

Email me for more ideas. Getting the LS1s into the 12s is EASY!! If he want to spray it then he might need to think about 11s.

I don't want him faster than me.... So we'll just let him know how to get into the 12's. Thanks a lot though. I'll tell him bout the gears, headers, pulley's, and a clutch. That'll keep him quick, but still in my rearview. :D :D :D

stylin99
10-04-2002, 05:26 PM
Hey guys! Sorry I've been off the board for awhile. It's time I got back in here to prepare for Carolina Dragway and see how much smack is being laid down in advance. ;)

I'll be there for this event. I've not missed it the last 3 times. It's hard to find tracks rented out, and this is a good opportunity.

I'll be on the bottle this time around though, so no more pesky Cobra fly bys at the finish line. See you guys there! Hope to meet a few of you I've not seen in person yet.

Corner-Carver
10-07-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by NO 5 OH
I'm gonna try to be there too... if my car's finished as well. Should be my first trip down a 1/4 mile strip.

Anybody got any guesses as to what the 4 banger car will run ;)

Hopefully less than my f banger (if I can get it finished):thumbsup:

temjin9876
10-07-2002, 06:22 PM
does anyone have an XL helmet I can use on Drag Day?

cobrabitn
10-08-2002, 09:54 AM
They have loaners at the strip. I'm sure they will have one that will fit. ;)

poolman
10-18-2002, 12:04 PM
Pool man is going to bring the big gun to the drag day. Hopefully it will be loaded and the driver can shoot straight. :eek:

Filling out registration now Tony....

cobrabitn
10-18-2002, 12:19 PM
Can't wait to see what that 03 Cobra will do Dennis. Woo hoo. Some of the members of The Lightning Owners club will be there. they said they were going to take the 03's down. ;)

Corner-Carver
10-18-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Can't wait to see what that 03 Cobra will do Dennis. Woo hoo. Some of the members of The Lightning Owners club will be there. they said they were going to take the 03's down. ;)

Yup, should be able to tow the '03 back to the pits if need be.:rotf:

cobragb
10-18-2002, 09:58 PM
The '03's have 1500 more rpm's up top and a few less pounds to hall. It should be a fun time! :-)

temjin9876
10-20-2002, 11:09 AM
My girlfriend and her friend are coming with me to watch and run the camcorder. Does it cost them anything to come and watch?

Big Daddy
10-20-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by temjin9876
My girlfriend and her friend are coming with me to watch and run the camcorder. Does it cost them anything to come and watch?

Spectators are free if we are doing it like last year. :D

poolman
10-21-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Corner-Carver
Yup, should be able to tow the '03 back to the pits if need be.:rotf:


Nasty. :mad:

Shon Herron
10-21-2002, 08:02 AM
Most do not know me but a few do, I am going to have to bail on bringing the PPMPOS down for the Fall Drag Day. The car will be up and running by then but this time I am going to 'break it in' a little more before going WOT.

I hope to see you at the Spring Event! I am actually trying to work out coming down to spectate but no racing for the PPMPOS right now.

Later and have a great time!!

Ken 01-Cobra
10-21-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Shon Herron
Most do not know me but a few do, I am going to have to bail on bringing the PPMPOS down for the Fall Drag Day. The car will be up and running by then but this time I am going to 'break it in' a little more before going WOT.

I hope to see you at the Spring Event! I am actually trying to work out coming down to spectate but no racing for the PPMPOS right now.

Later and have a great time!!
Hey Shon...we'll miss you and that quick GMThing of yours! ;) I hope it all works out and is ready to rock by the spring event!

Shon Herron
10-21-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Hey Shon...we'll miss you and that quick GMThing of yours! ;) I hope it all works out and is ready to rock by the spring event!

Tentative date yet? I always like putting this on the Calendar, gives me something to work for!!

I want to say thanks too for the invitation you guys give us GM guys and the great event you put on.

cobrabitn
10-21-2002, 01:23 PM
Here are the categories for the awards:

List of awards to be given out at the dragway:

Sponsored by SCMC, Inc & MGW Ltd, Inc (Top Plate line, larger letters)

SCMC/MGW 2002 Fall Shootout at Carolina Dragway (Bottom Lines)

"Best 60 Foot Time"
"Best Reaction Time"
"Long Distance Award"
"Best E.T. 14.5 and Up"
"Best E.T. 14.0 to 14.49"
"Best E.T. 13.5 to 13.99"
"Best E.T. 13.0 to 13.49"
"Best E.T. 12.5 to 12.99"
"Best E.T. 12.0 to 12.49"
"Best E.T. 12.0 and Under"
"Elimination King"
"Elimination King-Runner Up"

Your thoughts?

97whitevert
10-21-2002, 01:56 PM
i like slow that et group ;) :D

BOSSMAN
10-21-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Shon Herron
Most do not know me but a few do, I am going to have to bail on bringing the PPMPOS down for the Fall Drag Day. The car will be up and running by then but this time I am going to 'break it in' a little more before going WOT.

I hope to see you at the Spring Event! I am actually trying to work out coming down to spectate but no racing for the PPMPOS right now.

Later and have a great time!!

Thats to bad that you can't make it. I guess I'll see you in the spring. Did you put a new motor in the car? If so what did you do to it?

Shon Herron
10-22-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by BOSSMAN
Thats to bad that you can't make it. I guess I'll see you in the spring. Did you put a new motor in the car? If so what did you do to it?

Now now...that would not be good to let the cat out of the bag...just kidding, I broke a valve spring back in June/July and had her towed home, since then the heads have been 'messed' with and a TH350 has been transplanted, along with an EWP, LTs and true duals, new ProMag 1.6s, and a few small things. She should run a little better!!

redsnake99
10-22-2002, 12:36 PM
Shon, sorry to hear that your car will run a little better. We may have to cheat to beat your upgraded car. JK, see ya next time.

:D

Shon Herron
10-22-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by redsnake99
We may have to cheat to beat your upgraded car.
:D

Never know what I might have by then...lets just say the pistons/Trans/TC will allow the use of certain power enhancements!

White98SVT
10-23-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by temjin9876
My girlfriend and her friend are coming with me to watch and run the camcorder. Does it cost them anything to come and watch?


Is uhh......your g/f's friend single? and a girl? :burnout: :D

Bad Pony
10-28-2002, 12:36 AM
As of now I plan on being there....final tweaks to my car should be completed this coming week :D

temjin9876
10-28-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by White98SVT
Is uhh......your g/f's friend single? and a girl? :burnout: :D

yeah, she is very single....and hot. BUT, she can't go because of some project with nursing school. She lives in Augusta so she will go in the spring :thumbsup:....My traitor friend is not going because "it is wear and tear on the car" boo hoo. Anyway, I guess the plan is drive there saturday morning..early. If you want, you can meet us at my house that morning because it is kinda on your way. I thought about leaving around 6:30am to get there with plenty of time to get ready. I am bringing along my intake cleaner kit and will run one before we leave and I have have an extra kit if you want to clean out that nasty intake before you go. The kit cost $16 and if you haven't had one done in a while I highly recommend it. If you want to give me a call we can talk about it because I am not going to be able to make it to the Mustangs Unlimited cruise in that sunday.
770-730-8388 anytime of day.

peace

Bad Pony
10-28-2002, 05:31 PM
I have a friend that wants to bring his 98 Cobra that runs 10.7's, it's a hardtop but no rollbar. All I saw listed was helmets and rollbars for verts on the rule section... Before we drive 350 miles or so, just wanted a clarification on this.. thanks

97whitevert
10-28-2002, 08:09 PM
i believe he'll be OK Joey!

Ken 01-Cobra
10-28-2002, 09:07 PM
I dunno...the track follows IHRA rules, and I think they require anyone running faster than 12.00 to have a roll cage, scatter shield and driveshaft loop. I am NOT sure about this however. You might want to ask Tony via email, or email the track.

Bad Pony
10-29-2002, 12:01 AM
well in that case, no need for me to make the trip either since I'll be into the 11's

Ken 01-Cobra
10-29-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Bad Pony
well in that case, no need for me to make the trip either since I'll be into the 11's
As I said, I am NOT sure about this! Check with Tony for the final word on the rules!

BOSSMAN
10-29-2002, 07:31 AM
In the spring there were some cars running mid 11's without roll bars. I think you'll be fine.

Big Daddy
10-29-2002, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
As I said, I am NOT sure about this! Check with Tony for the final word on the rules!

Last year a Lightning went into the 11's and didn't have a rollcage and there was nothing said to them. BUT like Ken said check with Tony.

Spiffy668
10-29-2002, 08:36 AM
I don't think I'm going to be able to make it. I know I wasn't going to run (no rollbar) but was looking forward to being a spectator. I'm 95% sure I'm going to require knee surgery, but I won't know a thing till Friday. If surgery is put off till after the 9th (my birthday, woohoo :D ), then I'll be gimping it up in the stands.. :cool:

Ken 01-Cobra
10-29-2002, 09:00 AM
Surgery blows, and as a niceity of life, one should never have surgery on ones birthday! ;) Hope you can make it, or if not, all goes well! :)

Dave
10-29-2002, 12:09 PM
Howdy SVT'ers. Mailed my registration in today. Looks like the GAFBA representation will be lighter this Fall, but the 87 Camaro Z28 Lethal Z (LZ) should be ready to boggie. LZ turned a 11.07 with a 1.48 60' N/A at the GAFBA track day a few weeks ago. Additional horses being added as we type. Who is bringing the heavey metal this time. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. I don't know how many of you remember Robert LaFontaine from Augusta that has come to track day the last few years. He had a very serious accident 10-19-02. He is out of the hospital in a wheel chair and is facing a pretty tough rehab battle. A van crossed the center line avoiding a dog and hit is T-Type turbo Regal head on. Robert had to be cut out of the car and is lucky to still be with us. Here is a link to a pic of the Regal. That is not Robert standing next to it.

http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/LFUEL/DSC00676.JPG

Take care and be safe. We are ready to roll on the 9th.

Dave

redsnake99
10-29-2002, 12:53 PM
Rumors are there will be an "8 second in the quarter" Cobra at Carolina Dragway on the 9th. Tony is trying to obtain a firm commitment.

:bounce: :bounce:

cobrabitn
10-29-2002, 01:00 PM
Dave,

The SCMC will be helping out Robert so we need as many people to attend the event that we can get. Please get the word out and let's make this a great experience for Robert and the rest of the two clubs.

Thanks,

Tony

BOSSMAN
10-29-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by redsnake99
Rumors are there will be an "8 second in the quarter" Cobra at Carolina Dragway on the 9th. Tony is trying to obtain a firm commitment.

:bounce: :bounce:

There will be a 9 second mustang there as long as we don't blow it up at mooresvillie this weekend.:thumbsup:

Dave
10-29-2002, 08:11 PM
Bossman,

Don't blow it up this weekend. No one wants to race that dang truck in brackets again.

;~)

Dave

BOSSMAN
10-29-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Dave
Bossman,

Don't blow it up this weekend. No one wants to race that dang truck in brackets again.

;~)

Dave

The 9 second mustang belongs to my uncle. As long as my car holds up the truck will stay in retirement.:D I'm hoping to have my new toy out there in the spring.:thumbsup:

BOSSMAN
10-29-2002, 08:52 PM
Does anyone know if Gordon Warren is bringing his 67 Camaro? I would love to see it make one pass without any trouble.

cobrabitn
10-29-2002, 09:07 PM
Gordon Warren is registered to come to the event. He is bringing his 1967 Camaro Coupe. ;)

BOSSMAN
10-29-2002, 09:43 PM
Thats great news! I hope his car holds up this year.

redsnake99
10-29-2002, 09:49 PM
John Pearson. Todd Shanaberger...are you going to Carolina Dragway on the 9th?
:D

BOSSMAN
10-29-2002, 09:55 PM
Het Tony,

If it's not to much trouble how about a list of the people who's already signed up. I'm scoping out the competition.:D

cobrabitn
10-29-2002, 10:35 PM
Current list of people attending:

Steve Shrader, 1999 GT NOS equipped
Dave Stanfield, 1999 S/C Cobra
Rich Wilson, 1999 GT NOS
Tony Sorrentino, 1999 Cobra N/A
Hasley Gipson, 2002 Lightning
Gordon Warren, 1967 Camaro Coupe
Ken Burt, 2001 Cobra
Wade Sox, 1992 GT
Walter Henderson, 2000 Lightning
Dave Sanders, 1999 Cobra
Michael Moore, 1998 Cobra
Jonathon Sanders, 1967 Mustang
Floyd Sanders, 1980 Mustang
Jason Boyles, 1996 Cobra


All of these people are preregistered for the event. ;)

Big Daddy
10-29-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Current list of people attending:

Steve Shrader, 1999 GT NOS equipped
Dave Stanfield, 1999 S/C Cobra
Rich Wilson, 1999 GT NOS
Tony Sorrentino, 1999 Cobra N/A
Hasley Gipson, 2002 Lightning
Gordon Warren, 1967 Camaro Coupe
Ken Burt, 2001 Cobra
Wade Sox, 1992 GT
Walter Henderson, 2000 Lightning
Dave Sanders, 1999 Cobra
Michael Moore, 1998 Cobra
Jonathon Sanders, 1967 Mustang
Floyd Sanders, 1980 Mustang
Jason Boyles, 1996 Cobra


All of these people are preregistered for the event. ;)


Tony,

My check will go in the mail tommorrow morning! Looks like the Snake will make the drag day with the new Nitto DR's! :D ;)

cobrabitn
11-01-2002, 08:47 AM
You can now add:

Dean Stewart 1994 Camaro
George Clark 1995 White Cobra
Greg Oswell 2001 White S/C Cobra

97whitevert
11-01-2002, 09:11 AM
where's my name??????????

stylin99
11-01-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by 97whitevert
where's my name??????????

I guess he forgot to put the devellish blonde on the list. ;)
:cool:

97whitevert
11-02-2002, 08:20 AM
HEY Stylin'!!!! was up?? :bounce::bounce:

firebirdls1us
11-03-2002, 07:24 PM
Shon I will be there on the 9th it looks like I will be paying at the gate. I hope to take the slack up for our f-body's :o)You remember my car it was the red t/a that has been to the last three events the scmc has put on in jackson and I also would like to thank the scmc for letting us attend this event. Thanks Guys!!

firebirdls1us
11-03-2002, 07:28 PM
My son is also coming with me he is going to run his 96 gt. it's pretty strong for 281cu really.I believe he is in the 13's with it

cobrabitn
11-03-2002, 08:44 PM
Cool....... bring them on. Looks like we will have a good turnout.

The participant list keeps growing. ;)

stylin99
11-03-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by 97whitevert
HEY Stylin'!!!! was up?? :bounce::bounce:

Hey stranger! See you at Jackson I guess. We'll probably be cruising down in a smaller posse instead of getting up at the break of dawn to be in Rock Hill.

When you gonna get that roll bar so you can take the white Cobra out there?

97whitevert
11-04-2002, 09:31 AM
yeah i do need one in there!! but right now , resources are going into the track car, (when there is any extra), so no extra $ for the cobra...:(:(

Spiffy668
11-04-2002, 09:53 AM
I'm not going to be there. I start my physical therapy that afternoon. Have fun you crazy kids.. :D

sn8kbit
11-07-2002, 09:37 PM
who's leaving out of the atlanta area that sat morning? i'm heading down that way, and will be leaving from canon.....i honestly can't for the life of me remember how to get there

Ken 01-Cobra
11-08-2002, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by sn8kbit
who's leaving out of the atlanta area that sat morning? i'm heading down that way, and will be leaving from canon.....i honestly can't for the life of me remember how to get there
Some of us are meeting up at the Cracker Barrel at 138 & I-20 between 7:00 and 7:30 to eat breakfast and head over. If you would like to meet up with us you are more than welcome to. There will be a White Lightning and a Black Cobra at the very least. :thumbsup: My cellphone number is 404.667.7725 if you need to call.

Ken 01-Cobra
11-10-2002, 07:46 PM
I would like to thank Tony for once again making the Drag Day event a safe and enjoyable time for everyone involved! I had a great time, even though I'm still scratching my head over my Cobra. Ah well, just wait till spring! ;)

sn8kbit
11-10-2002, 08:43 PM
ditto ken, and thanks for hanging out and waiting on me and my pa to get us down there. much appreciated! :thumbsup:

had a blast, dad's got the itch bad now. he took some great shots, if we'd have been able to stay longer, we'd have a ton. i have about 30 to size down and edit, but these are just outstanding! as soon as i get em done i'll let everyone know...

Ken 01-Cobra
11-10-2002, 09:17 PM
Cool...looking forward to the pics! :thumbsup:

stylin99
11-11-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by sn8kbit
ditto ken, and thanks for hanging out and waiting on me and my pa to get us down there. much appreciated! :thumbsup:

had a blast, dad's got the itch bad now. he took some great shots, if we'd have been able to stay longer, we'd have a ton. i have about 30 to size down and edit, but these are just outstanding! as soon as i get em done i'll let everyone know...

Hey it was good to meet ya Sn8kbit. Will look forward to some pics. See ya at the next event. (maybe you'll have that 100 shot of nitrous on by then) :D

I actually got some video of a few random runs of the event but my software program for videos is giving me hell, so I'll have 'em posted when I get it figured out.

sn8kbit
11-11-2002, 06:29 PM
steve, some pics are up in the "drag day shots" thread. couple of you, one is up, another i have to compress...(steve, not rich, steve....LMAO!!)