PDA

View Full Version : Where to Dyno

riplightning
09-10-2002, 01:36 PM
Does anyone have suggestions on where to take my car for dyno and tune? Thanks for any help.

sbc.cobra
09-10-2002, 02:16 PM
take it to MTI (Motorsports Technology Inc) this saturday (just south of westheimer on dairy ashford). the HoustonStangers are doing a Dyno Day and if you go, they might be able to squeeze you in for $30....i'm probably going, but not going to dyno. give me a call (281-380-8076). i'd like to know where you got the 03 silver coupe at.

Firme
09-10-2002, 02:41 PM
for dyno tune I would go to Houston Performance....or House of Speed

97CasperCobra
09-10-2002, 02:55 PM
I'm going to schedule a Dyno Day at Houston Performance hopefully in October if you want to hold off till then. I'll let everyone know when I talk to Steve at HP. Hope this helps.

Evilcartman
09-10-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Firme
for dyno tune I would go to Houston Performance....or House of Speed

Did Kyle finally get his Dyno in already? I'm going to the MTI this weekend, but I was just wondering since he is going to burn my chip. I will more than likely go with you guys lad this fall. I just want to know what I can put out now with the pulley and cold air. Plus, a new dyno sheet would be cool for this Sunday.

cobrapace94
09-10-2002, 04:26 PM
No House of speed does not have his dyno in yet.. I stopped by last week.

Evilcartman
09-10-2002, 04:46 PM
I'm meeting with the HALO club tonight. I will talk to Kyle then, if he shows up. When he installed my pulley, he said that he should have it soon. I also talked to him about making group runs and he liked the idea.

97CasperCobra
09-10-2002, 06:04 PM
I've got a Dyno day set up in October at Houston Performance. I'll announce the date at the show. It'll be $35 for 2 pulls though they don't do dyno tunes or won't work on any chips during this. Basically it's drive you car up, strap it in, then do the pulls, then off. But it's a decent price for 2 pulls. So clear your calandars. :thumbsup:

Firme
09-10-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Evilcartman
Did Kyle finally get his Dyno in already? I'm going to the MTI this weekend, but I was just wondering since he is going to burn my chip. I will more than likely go with you guys lad this fall. I just want to know what I can put out now with the pulley and cold air. Plus, a new dyno sheet would be cool for this Sunday.

No.. he is in the process of getting it set up from what I've been told... (don't know how long it will be).... I should have been more clear in my post... as in "Houston Performance, or wait till you can hit up House of Speed"

sbc.cobra
09-10-2002, 11:02 PM
come on casper....we can't take the suspense....i'm itching to get mine on the dyno....especially when keith and i get finished with it this weekend.

97CasperCobra
09-10-2002, 11:27 PM
Scott, Scott, Scott. One must learn to be patient about these things.

riplightning
09-11-2002, 11:52 AM
Thanks for all the responces and information. I have purchased some products (magnaflow x-pipe and a few lightning parts) from Houston Performance. They seem to be knowledgable, however I had a friend who has a good bit of experience with 4v motors recommend that I not go to Houston Performance for chip tunes ect...

Anyone else here have any opinions on this shop?

Evilcartman
09-11-2002, 12:07 PM
I also bought my Magnaflow from Steve. I suggest either Kyle Kent at the House of speed. I have heard a lot good things about him when it comes to burning chips. He is the one who installed my pulley.

riplightning
09-11-2002, 12:23 PM
evilcartman,

I just got off the phone with sbc.cobra and he said that you would be a good person to talk to about the pully & chip thing. Where is House of Speed?

Did you have a lightning before your 03 cobra? I was a member of HALO for about 2 years.

Evilcartman
09-11-2002, 02:49 PM
No, I didn't have a Lightning, but I do meet with HALO. I was at the meet last night right here at I-10 and Shepard. They are a good bunch of guys. One of my good friends introduced me to them and he has a '94 and an '02 Lightning.

I bought the pulley and had Kyle install it for me. Kyle owns House of Speed and they are located near the Bush Airport. I was going to go with a JDM chip, but I decided to have one custom burned in town on a dyno instead of a mail order job. Give Kyle a call, he is cool. His number is (281) 821-3559.

cobrapace94
09-11-2002, 07:13 PM
I stopped by House of Speed and looks like the dyno will not be in till the middle to end of October.

Josh968
09-11-2002, 08:05 PM
Hopefully by then I'll have some money for a dyno-tune :thumbsup:

riplightning
09-12-2002, 09:58 AM
Evilcartman,

Thanks for the info I will give him a call. The HALO guys and gals are a good bunch. Maybe we could get togethor and go to the October meeting togethor? I know a bunch of those guys and we could probably learn some things about moding these cobra's from them since they have kinda already been there.

riplightning
09-14-2002, 05:49 PM
Just an update, I went buy House of Speed Friday and talk to Kyle, very good guy seems to be very informed on Ford vehicles.

I picked up a MAF Adapter to attach an open filter in place of the stock box.

Kyle said they would have the Dyno installed in about 3 weeks.

97CasperCobra
09-14-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by riplightning
Just an update, I went buy House of Speed Friday and talk to Kyle, very good guy seems to be very informed on Ford vehicles.

I picked up a MAF Adapter to attach an open filter in place of the stock box.

Kyle said they would have the Dyno installed in about 3 weeks.

SWEET!!! Wonder if they do dyno days there. Where is HoS?? Is that in Kingwood??? Does the guy..Kyle have a Lightning?? See ya tomorrow!!!!

Firme
09-14-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
SWEET!!! Wonder if they do dyno days there. Where is HoS?? Is that in Kingwood??? Does the guy..Kyle have a Lightning?? See ya tomorrow!!!!

HoS is by Bush Intercontinental Airport, Kyle has a lightning, is (was?) in HALO, does alot of work on L's for Halo, and he is also the DIRECTOR of Houston SVTOA....

:spanked:

:retard: