PDA

View Full Version : traction control button on 99 cobra

kluxman45
09-13-2002, 08:21 PM
how do i get the light to come on when i push the button?the fuses are all good.where else should i look?what could go wrong?i turn the key on and the light is working.but when ya push the button it dont come on.cant race like this hu?

cobrabitn
09-13-2002, 09:43 PM
Kluxman45,

Your traction control comes on automatically when you turn the car on and start it. You push the button in to turn the traction control off, that's when the "on" light goes off. Your car is functioning like it should. ;)

kluxman45
09-13-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Kluxman45,

Your traction control comes on automatically when you turn the car on and start it. You push the button in to turn the traction control off, that's when the "on" light goes off. Your car is functioning like it should. ;) thats just it,i push in the button and theres no light.its not on when i start it or push it when its running

cobrabitn
09-14-2002, 05:24 AM
Check the bulb first and if it works then I would suggest having soomeone look at it at a dealership.

redsnake99
10-01-2002, 04:14 PM
Just had my Traction Control Disable Module hooked up today in my 99 Cobra. It's SO NICE not ever having to remember to hit that traction-loc button every time I start the car. The module remembers the current setting when the engine shuts down and leaves it there until YOU change it. Now you only get it if you want it. No more halfway down the strip and (oh crap) cylinders start shutting down. No more halfway around the first lap on the open track and g-forces shutting you down.

So, all of you 99 and up Cobra owners, you can get one for $60 at
http://www.ponyexpressperformance.com/

Between 30-60 minutes to install.

:D