PDA

View Full Version : Bassani exhaust-problems?

Jefflounsbury
09-15-2002, 10:25 AM
I just installed a complete bassani exhaust on my 98. I got the off road x-pipe and cat back system. The car sounds great, except when you get on it, it almost developes some kind of resonation. Has anyone else had this problem- is it normal? I thought one of the manifold bolts or something might be loose, but when I got under and rechecked all of the bolts and clamps they were all good with no tell-tale signs of leaking(black soot at the joints). Also, after i have driven the car some at this point, the sound is substantially less than it was at first. When I first started it up the passenger side tip blew out some of its glass packing-Not normal I assume? Any responses are greatly appreciated.

Jeff Lounsbury

tcrews
09-15-2002, 06:55 PM
I have the Bassani offroad X and Bassani cat-back on my '97 Cobra and haven't noticed this. I also have removed the baffles from the tailpipes.....

Is the X-pipe hitting the floorboard? Maybe the catback is touching something and when you 'get on it' it torques enough to twist it to press against something?

Jefflounsbury
09-16-2002, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the response. When I checked all the bolts on the pipes, I checked for any part of the system touching the body, but found nothing. The only other thing I can think is that the passenger side manifold (its the one with the funky looking oval opening) is hooked up to the x-pipe a little crooked causing the gasket to leak? anyone ever had this problem?