PDA

View Full Version : NEW Member & Photos

ILBCNU10
09-16-2002, 07:12 PM
Hi everyone...I just sent my Form in Today to SCMC to join. I dropped by late and Sunday and T/W Mike.......nice to finally you you!

I wish I could have made the whole show but had commitments before I knew about it.

However I wanted to go ahead and offer something. Someone mentioned that at the next show we needed to have someone who did NOTHING BUT PICTURES. I would be happy to do that. Being in the insurance field all we do is take photos all day long. Between me and Z (thats my wife Azalea not as in Z28) we could take TONS of photos...I have one 5.2 Megapixel and a couple of 2+ megapixel cameras at my disposal.

Justin Whedbee....newbie

Firme
09-16-2002, 08:07 PM
hi justin,
welcome to the club

I would have loved to have someone out there taking pictures for us on Sunday... it seems with eveyone running around the whole time.. pictures are one thing that got neglected...I am having to hunt them down since the whole day flew by for me like the span the 5 minutes

Edmond (scc webmaster)

Bartman01
09-16-2002, 09:04 PM
Dropped off the rolls of film at API this morning, so I should have them back (on CD) by Thursday. I got off about 2 1/2 rolls of 36, but I'm not promising anything since I haven't seen them yet. If you let me know how to get them to you, I can either burn you a copy or email/ftp them.

97CasperCobra
09-16-2002, 09:53 PM
Hey Justin....welcome. Glad you found the site. Good to hear you're coming aboard. :thumbsup: Hope to see ya again soon.

ILBCNU10
09-16-2002, 10:01 PM
I forgot...if we setup some kinds of backdrop I can do 8x10's real easy. With the camera on highest setting it is a fantastic quality and we have a color laser printer. 8x10 probably run me about a $1-1.75 to print up and just a litte more if you use glossy paper.

I would be happy to do custom shots for anyone.

make sure somebody posts where everyone plans on getting together next month!

Justin

Andy M
09-16-2002, 10:09 PM
Justin,

Welcome aboard and thanks for the offer to snap pics!!!

By the way, which 5.1 megapixel camera do you have?? I just bought a Sony 5.1 and it takes incredible photos. I also have an HP P1000 printer which makes incredible prints.

Anyway, thanks again and hope to see you at future events?

msmap
09-16-2002, 10:49 PM
Hello Justin, welcome to the gang. That's cool that we will now have our "official" photographer. Read the boards often to keep up with what's going on. cya soon.

ILBCNU10
09-16-2002, 11:41 PM
Andy, I have a Sony DSC-707...it is my 7th digital camera and all Sony...its only way to go. I also have a Xerox Phaser 860 Color Laser so the prints are phenominal.

Hey is your 250 is Diesel...only reason I ask if I have an 02 Excursion with Dr. Performance Injectors and a chip. Brought that 9000 lb monster into the 9's in 0-60. Getting ready to do 5" exhaust and a bigger intercooler on it. I have seen another Excursion doing 14's in the 1/4 and I think I can do better than that. I love my Cobra but Diesels fascinate me as well.

later

Justin

Topless In Tex
09-16-2002, 11:59 PM
Hi Justin.
Im kinda new myself! :) Usually I'm the picture freak. But the last 2 events that I have been at with these guys, I've had my camera but have YET TO USE IT! :( Get busy doing other things, and getting sidetracked!!!!!!!!
It would be great to have someone around to do the shots. Sounds like you have a great setup! I got a Toshiba 3.3 megapixel. Although, I think I"m ready for a better Printer. Ive got the Lexmark Z31, and I KNOW that there are printers out there that will give me BETTER quality photos...I love to print my own! I think mine only goes up to 1200 dpi. what does ya'll go up to and how much $$$$$$$$$$???? Just curious.....
Not that I'm gonna run out and buy one, but I wonder what I can get that prints the BEST quality that will not cost me my first born child! :rolleyes:
Welcome!!!!!!!
:banana:TNT:banana:

Z06 Chic
09-17-2002, 12:35 AM
Hi Justin and welcome aboard! So glad to hear you will be taking pics of our events. You will enjoy this club. Look forward to meeting you in the next event.

:cool:

Andy M
09-17-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by ILBCNU10
Andy, I have a Sony DSC-707...it is my 7th digital camera and all Sony...its only way to go. I also have a Xerox Phaser 860 Color Laser so the prints are phenominal.

Hey is your 250 is Diesel...only reason I ask if I have an 02 Excursion with Dr. Performance Injectors and a chip. Brought that 9000 lb monster into the 9's in 0-60. Getting ready to do 5" exhaust and a bigger intercooler on it. I have seen another Excursion doing 14's in the 1/4 and I think I can do better than that. I love my Cobra but Diesels fascinate me as well.

later

Justin Justin,

You have great tastes in cars, trucks and cameras!! ;) I have the exact same camera. It is a great unit and takes great pics. Email me at rmenard71@earthlink.net so we can talk more about the camera and the Diesel upgrades. I have not as yet done any mods to the F250, but I am looking into it for the future.

Welcome aboard man!!

ILBCNU10
09-17-2002, 10:37 AM
Christine, our photo printer runs about $3,000! I own my own business and we take tons of photos so it i a good business investment. For someone doing them at home I would use nothing but HP I have 12 of them and thye are the best around. For photos I would go for like an HP Photosmart 7350 (about $270) and it does resolution up to 4800. If you go up another notch it is the HP Photosmart 1315 but that is about $400.

Anyway...definatly buy bright white photo paper it makes A TON of difference.

Just remember my opinion and a $1.00 will get you a cup of coffe!

Justin;)

Topless In Tex
09-17-2002, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ILBCNU10
[B]Christine, our photo printer runs about $3,000! [/i]

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :jawdrop: :surprise: :smack: :eek: