PDA

View Full Version : fun ford weekend

sbc.cobra
09-17-2002, 12:12 AM
anyone going to "fun ford weekend" this weekend (redundant) in ennis?

Topless In Tex
09-17-2002, 12:38 AM
That seems to be the $100K question for me! I"ve missed the last 2 years. Planned on going for SURE this year, but my new house is kicking my ass financially with problem after problem!!!!!! :mad:
I know Sherri is going...And I have all my buds from Mustang Works that are centralized there that we see at all Baytown/Ennis FFW's.
Dana offered for me to stay at her house about 50 miles away, dont even know if there are still rooms available...
The more I think, the more I REALLY WANT TO GO...
When is everyone planning on leaving and from where?? Ive got some friends from MW as well from Beaumont and Katy that are going too. Maybe we can all hook up and go together!
Lets get a head count and just in case I manage to pull it off, I think we need to all go together, IF we can correspond our times...I know I"d like to leave sometime on Friday. Not too late. I'm off on Friday's. How bout everyone else?
:D
:banana:TNT:banana:

SVT99
09-17-2002, 10:42 AM
Yes!! :D Haven't missed the last 4 yrs. I think it's usually better than the Houston show, last 1 of the season. I'm leaving on Fri between 11am and 12pm. Al and Jeremy are following me in the Silver Roush. It would be cool to go as a group.:p A line of Stangs going to Dallas! :thumbsup:

msmap
09-17-2002, 11:59 AM
David, alot of WSM people are meeting at I 45 and 242 to cruise up together. Check out their board for the times. I'm not quite sure when I can get away yet, I'll let ya know.

Topless In Tex
09-17-2002, 04:10 PM
David..
are you the one that lives near me? Where do you live? the one I ran into at the store In League City? Thats a good departure time. Lemme know where your at? :)

msmap
09-17-2002, 05:40 PM
Yes, Christine, that is David that you ran into. He lives down there in your neck of the woods :-)

Z06 Chic
09-17-2002, 08:39 PM
Sorry to say, but Jason and I will not make this trip. Hope you all have fun and drive safely. :)

cobrapace94
09-18-2002, 12:53 AM
I'll be going, but due to work circumstances (vacation being cancelled) it looks like I will not be leaving till Saturday morning.. Not racing (114k miles on stock T-5), but I'll be showing, good parking at least.

ZincYellowCobra
09-18-2002, 01:32 AM
I will be in Ennis this weekend for Fun Ford... We will be leaving Fri morning - 9AM - I-45 - Exit 242 - at the Chevron... There will be a caravan of PoMoFo's if anyone wants to meet up..

http://www.pomoforacing.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1048

:thumbsup:

94 White Snake
09-18-2002, 07:55 AM
I will not be able to make the trip to Ennis.
Please everyone drive safe and look out for the other guy.
White Snake (Steve)

97CasperCobra
09-18-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by ZincYellowCobra
I will be in Ennis this weekend for Fun Ford... We will be leaving Fri morning - 9AM - I-45 - Exit 242 - at the Chevron... There will be a caravan of PoMoFo's if anyone wants to meet up..

If it's the gas station w/McD's then it's the Texaco. The Chevron is on the Southbound feeder. Just wanted to clarify. I'll meet you guys there to send ya off, I can't go. :(

SVT99
09-18-2002, 03:21 PM
Christine, I do live in L.C. and do use that Mobil, but I don't think I'm the one you met there. We can meet up and cruise to meet Al and Jeremy. I'm NOT gonna make that 9 am meet time for that other cruise. Too early for me, gotta drop my daughter off at school and do some last minute stuff. Besides, check in time isn't til 3 pm at hotel.I still plan on leaving about 11 or 12. Let me know.

ZincYellowCobra
09-18-2002, 03:49 PM
True that - It's a Texaco...

http://pomoforacing.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1135

sbc.cobra
09-18-2002, 05:55 PM
so this thing goes on friday and saturday? just wondering b/c everyone is leaving on friday.

cobrapace94
09-18-2002, 06:04 PM
FFW is really Sat & Sun. Friday is test & tune for the drag racers, test there cars and see how they hook and run in Ennis. The gates open up early Sat and there usually is a line to get in as there are around 300 racers and 50 or so show cars. The vender section is quite large, 5 times as many venders as Houston FFW that was in May.

Topless In Tex
09-19-2002, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by SVT99
Christine, I do live in L.C. and do use that Mobil, but I don't think I'm the one you met there. We can meet up and cruise to meet Al and Jeremy. I'm NOT gonna make that 9 am meet time for that other cruise. Too early for me, gotta drop my daughter off at school and do some last minute stuff. Besides, check in time isn't til 3 pm at hotel.I still plan on leaving about 11 or 12. Let me know.

Hey David...
Sounds good to me..I'll prolly clean up the car in the a.m anyways. Its gonna be nasty from driving it all week! :flush:]

Heres the deal, lemme know what you think.
I want a couple from MW to meet us on the other side of town. They were gonna leave Beaumont about noon, but I dont know where you were planning on meeting Al and Jeremy at. How can we work it so me and you, and my friends from Baytown to meet up w/ them and we ride up together? Im sure they are flexible on thier time if it needs to be earlier.
I had no luck w/ hotels. They are all booked in Ennis/Waxahatchie. I called around to about 4 other surr. towns and no luck..Dana Lewis (also in the new MM&FF) offered for me to stay at her place. She lives in Alvarado, about 50 miles from Ennis. I have no clue how to get there, but I'm sure i'll figure it out! :nope: Where and what time do you wanna meet the others on the north side of town? lemme know and I'll get w/ 347 and Crewzin and we can figure out when everyone needs to leave.
ps..check your private messages...

Topless In Tex
09-19-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by 94 White Snake
I will not be able to make the trip to Ennis.
Please everyone drive safe and look out for the other guy.
White Snake (Steve)
Gonna miss ya Steve...Wish you could go. :( Take care this weekend, and I'll call ya. Call me when you get a chance..
Luvya! Christine :D

SVT99
09-19-2002, 11:12 AM
Thats about right. I'm staying in Desoto, Holiday Inn. Had reservation since June. You don't want to stay in Ennis from what I'm told. I'll call you and we can set something up.

ZincYellowCobra
09-19-2002, 11:15 AM
We are staying in Waxahachie at the Super 8....

Is there anyone else staying in Waxahachie at the Super 8?

Topless In Tex
09-19-2002, 03:32 PM
thats what i get for waiting till the last stinking minute to make up my mind...the super 8 was booked too! :(
Plan sounds good on your PM David. Just let me know where! I sent ya another one. lemme know what you think. :)