PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here...very cool site.

93cobra-r
09-17-2002, 09:38 PM
One of the guys on a local forum www.tennesspeed.net sent me a link to this site.

A little description of my SVT experience. I have owned a 94 cobra coupe, 95 lightning, 96 cobra coupe, and a 97 cobra convertible. Currently I have a 93 cobra R that is 100% stock with only about 500 miles on it and a 2003 cobra with a full exhaust (long-tube headers, off-road x-pipe, a Steeda cat-back) and a K&N filter putting down 405 rwhp. I have a lightning upper that I hope to be getting installed soon, as well as a JDM chip and a cold air induction. I've put nearly 4,000 miles on the '03 and I have to say it is THE best vehicle I've ever owned. Good job Ford!

One other thing, the intro to this site is awesome!

Carry on...

slovette
09-17-2002, 09:54 PM
What's up guys Newbie here...very cool site ..I'm friends with 93cobra-r ....:thumbsup: here's a picture of my car

slovette
09-17-2002, 09:56 PM
here's a pic of what my set up looks like:D :cool: ;)

93cobra-r
09-17-2002, 10:07 PM
Hey Cesar, what are you doing over here??? LOL!!! Don't tell me you're looking to pick on the SVT crowd...:rolleyes: Of course it's just a matter of time before you get an 03! :thumbsup:

JBejarano
09-17-2002, 10:25 PM
nice R man :thumbsup: gotta love the fox body cobra's! :D Welcome to both you and your friend! :cool: :thumbsup:

slovette
09-17-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by 93cobra-r
Hey Cesar, what are you doing over here??? LOL!!! Don't tell me you're looking to pick on the SVT crowd...:rolleyes: :thumbsup: I can't do that man remember I'm too slow my vette won't keep up with 03'cobras I'm here to make friends:thumbsup: :thumbsup: well I might get me a race but it has to be a bone stock 03...I better not oh well ..what's up everyone don't hate me because i don't own a ford .....the thing that matters is that I have passion for cars just like you guys do:D :thumbsup: :o

93cobra-r
09-17-2002, 11:08 PM
Cesar, noticed in that pic your speedo is at "0"...you break it or something??? hehe. I think you need to post the one with the radar trailer!

SilverStrike
09-18-2002, 12:23 AM
Howdy guys, welcome to the board!
We always try to accomodate any folks that come by, so feel free to interact and have fun (regardless of what you drive).

And slovette, that bottle setup definately has "don't tread on me" written all over it!! :thumbsup:

kevin
09-18-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by slovette
I can't do that man remember I'm too slow my vette won't keep up with 03'cobras I'm here to make friends:thumbsup: :thumbsup: well I might get me a race but it has to be a bone stock 03...I better not oh well ..what's up everyone don't hate me because i don't own a ford .....the thing that matters is that I have passion for cars just like you guys do:D :thumbsup: :o

i do be a car guy. just happens that my play cars are all ford powered:D

welcome to the site:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
09-18-2002, 11:33 AM
We like getting new members on the BB so just make yourself at home. I have to say one thing about this board, it's kept clean of profanity and having some fun is what it is all about. ;)

BTW, I rode in a new Vette and it was a fun ride. Actually, kinda scary going around Road Atlanta in a new Vette. George of MGW took me for a ride in his Yellow Z06. Fun car, period! ;)

slovette
09-18-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
We like getting new members on the BB so just make yourself at home. I have to say one thing about this board, it's kept clean of profanity and having some fun is what it is all about. ;)

BTW, I rode in a new Vette and it was a fun ride. Actually, kinda scary going around Road Atlanta in a new Vette. George of MGW took me for a ride in his Yellow Z06. Fun car, period! ;) how does over 400 rwhp sound to you ...having a vette is a lot of fun ..I'm sure is as much fun owning a SVT:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bounce: and don't forget it only takes a few minutes to change the pills

97whitevert
09-18-2002, 04:54 PM
welcome guys!! have fun and enjoy!!!! :D :D

Big Daddy
09-18-2002, 06:02 PM
how does over 400 rwhp sound to you ...having a vette is a lot of fun ..I'm sure is as much fun owning a SVT:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bounce: and don't forget it only takes a few minutes to change the pills

Not bad for a VETTE!! ;) ;) Just check out my sig! :D :D :D

Big Daddy
09-18-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by 97whitevert
welcome guys!! have fun and enjoy!!!! :D :D

Ya what she said!! :D :D :rotf:

smashedheadcat
09-18-2002, 06:21 PM
I know this is no 400+rwhp vette, but i went by my buddy's '01 vette (6-speed) shifting @5000rpms while laughing. Not to mention, the A/C was on and there were 3 passengers in my car. The top was down of course. :D :D :D :D

slovette
09-18-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by smashedheadcat
I know this is no 400+rwhp vette, Are you saying that I'm lying

sn8kbit
09-18-2002, 08:24 PM
ceasar, funny, raced everyone in nashville, now you're going nationwide? LOL

welcome to the boards here. smashed was talking about his cobra not being a 400 hp vette. i have to give ya credit, those LS-1 badges make ya sooo fast... ;) :p

{edit} for those of you not in the tennessee area, slowvette/ceasar is our local board post whore, and street racer extrodinaire.....;) {/edit}

smashedheadcat
09-18-2002, 09:02 PM
Are you saying that I'm lying

No no no. I's saying that my buddy's vette doesn't put down 400rwhp.

And, at the same time, mine isn't a 400rwhp vette either:)

Sorry for the confusion, after i re-read that, it wasn't very clear was it? oops. :D My car is way more powerful than that anyway!! :D :D :D :D :rotf: Just kiddin....

slovette
09-18-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by sn8kbit

{edit} for those of you not in the tennessee area, slowvette/ceasar is our local board post whore, and street racer extrodinaire.....;) {/edit} what are you talking about:rotf: :angel: :banana:

97whitevert
09-18-2002, 09:35 PM
what are you talking about:rotf: :angel: :banana:

you saying my buddy steve may be exaggerating a bit????:eek: :eek: :rotf: :rotf:

Coil99
09-19-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by 93cobra-r
www.tennesspeed.net

:bounce: :banana:

93cobra-r
09-23-2002, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by 97whitevert
you saying my buddy steve may be exaggerating a bit????:eek: :eek: :rotf: :rotf:

No Steve isn't exaggerating, Cesar likes his races...although he missed some good racing last night cause he was messing around with some kid in a Grand National. Cesar you missed it...my black 03 cobra, a yellow 03 cobra, a silver vette, a black 99 blown GT, a blue Z06, and the 7 second sentra, tearing it up. It was an awesome sight!:thumbsup:

sn8kbit
09-23-2002, 01:08 PM
had a guy quit on me carlton, or i'd have been out there....

93cobra-r
09-23-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by sn8kbit
had a guy quit on me carlton, or i'd have been out there....

Man, I hate to hear that...were you being a bad boss??? :doubt: ;) :D

I'm going to run by The Performance Garage and get a dyno run at 4:30 today. I can't wait to see what my new numbers are, swing by if you're in the area. I am hopeful for at least 425 rwhp. I dyno'd 405 before changing out the pulley. Some people tell me to expect 450, but I rather not build myself up too much and be a bit more conservative. :p