PDA

View Full Version : Zaino came in today!

sbc.cobra
09-19-2002, 07:54 PM
Just got my Zaino in today! Looks like i'm shining it up tomorrow morning. Had to tell someone. :D :D :D :D

Firme
09-19-2002, 07:55 PM
kewl man...

mine came in last week before the show.. but my claybar didn't come in and lack of time kept me form using it for the show....

let me know how that Mineral Grey likes the Zaino... and we can compare notes

Andy M
09-19-2002, 09:11 PM
Scott,

Please keep us posted on the results?? I have many car enthusiast friends who swear by Zaino, but I have never actually used it myself. I would be really curious as to how well it goes on and polishes down? and how well it holds up in the weather and weekly washings??

sbc.cobra
09-19-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Andy M
Scott,

Please keep us posted on the results?? I have many car enthusiast friends who swear by Zaino, but I have never actually used it myself. I would be really curious as to how well it goes on and polishes down? and how well it holds up in the weather and weekly washings??

no problem...i can tell you that i used some of my dad's stuff for the Joe Myer's show (it was some sort of California cleaner that he uses for his '66 vette). it is roughly the same set up as zaino (polish and then spray it w/ other stuff and wipe). it worked really well, but i'm going to put the zaino on this weekend and see if there is a difference...i don't have a digital camera to take pictures and post them though, so i'll give you my best description. or someone is welcome to take pictures of it if they want to.

94 White Snake
09-19-2002, 09:34 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana:
If you need Ziano (which I use on White Snake) there is a guy who is local that can provide it for you!
Let me know
White Snake (Steve)

slovette
09-19-2002, 09:55 PM
how do I get some?

cobrapace94
09-19-2002, 10:10 PM
You'll like the Zaino.. :thumbsup: It is easy to apply and remove. It brings out the shine. I always heard good things about it and had to give it a try when someone (coughsherricough) put some on my fender one day and it looked good. So I had to get some to complete the car. Do clay bar it, even a new car. I have the original paint on the pace car.
Oh by the way, thanks Sherri.. :bounce:

97CasperCobra
09-19-2002, 11:20 PM
Scott...thought you weren't going to convert to the Zaino :D . That's what Casper had on for the show...maybe that's why she won 1st??? It goes on really easily, and comes off easier. Just follow thier directions, go to the website if you need to. Good luck. Post pics when you get done!!! Congrats man!!! :thumbsup:

msmap
09-19-2002, 11:22 PM
You're welcome, Darrell.

Scott, you will love it. You can even put it on and leave it overnight and it still wipes right off. Great stuff. Do wash your car with Dawn first as they reccommend to get all the other polishes off of it.

Evilcartman
09-19-2002, 11:27 PM
I have put 5 coats on mine so far. I like it.

Firme
09-20-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by slovette
how do I get some?

their website http://www.zainobros.com/ you can go to the order form and do it that way....(you print the form and mail a check)

or http://www.dallasmustang.com/ do a search for zaino, since your in TN you only pay shipping (this way is more expensive, but you order online)

or try to find a local dealer

cobltng
09-20-2002, 05:10 PM
Anxious to hear your comment's and where did you purchase it? Cost, etc.

cobltng
09-20-2002, 05:12 PM
Anxious to here the results. Where did order it from,cost etc.

sbc.cobra
09-20-2002, 09:27 PM
i mail ordered it from zaino and i paid $58.25 (shipping included). i got the Z1, Z2, Z5, Z6 and the applicator sponge.

94 White Snake
09-22-2002, 10:25 AM
You might have paid to much, I ask the guy who sells it local and this is his reply:
Way too much, price is $48.95 with out shipping and I charge $4.50 for shipping outside of Houston.

Here is his e-mail if anyone needs it donaldb@speakeasy.org
aka Spray Boy

White Snake (Steve)
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Topless In Tex
09-23-2002, 12:38 AM
aka Spray Boy

White Snake (Steve)
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: [/B][/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!!!!!!! :D
Ya, Donald is the Zaino man....my car is due for a stripping and a whole day of waxing...dont remember the last time I did it all....It IS good stuff....unfortunately I used up the rest of some of mine this weekend. I want to try the clay bar (dont have that yet) and I do have the scratch/swirl remover. Havent tried that either(obviously)....maybe one day in the next few weeks, i can pamper my car to a 'day of beauty'..she's WAY OVER DUE!!!!!! When I went to the car wash where we were staying this weekend, I dragged the hose thing to the sprayer over my rear 1/4 panel....OMG!!!!! You oughtta see what it did! left 'scratches' about a foot long that look like this... ////////////////////////////
:rolleyes: Thats really what it looks like! :(
:banana:TNT:banana:

sbc.cobra
09-25-2002, 10:44 AM
well, i used the zaino about a week ago and let me just start out by saying WOW! this stuff is amazing!

it really brings out the shine and does keep the dust from sticking to a minimum.

i was really impressed w/ how easy the bugs wipe off from the front bumper. i only put one coat on and i noticed a difference. mind you, the car is only 2 months old! next time i will try 2-3 coats and see what that is like.

i highly recommend this product (i am not a vendor) to anyone considering it. my dad saw the results and immediately put his order in for his vette.

i have washed it twice since i put it on and it still holds the shine really well. point of fact....i DID NOT buy the clay bar. no reason, i just didn't buy it. i've heard you get better results w/ the clay bar, so i'll probably put my order in for that. the reason i did not order it is b/c this was the first "polish" for the car so i had no other "build up" of wax to wipe off, but i hear it's good for getting off dirt that is in between the paint (not sure how that happens but i guess it does).

cobrapace94
09-25-2002, 01:06 PM
Put a couple of coats on it and it will give it that "deep" & wet look. Gives it that baby smooth feel. The clay bar will make the car feel softer and smoother, even on a new car. Easy on & off too.
I have never figured out how a car can feel soft?
Me scratches my head on this one, but if does feel soft.
Glad you like it.:thumbsup: :bounce:

msmap
09-25-2002, 03:28 PM
Scott, I think you have to let the paint cure for several months before you clay bar it. That is what they told my daughter when she had her old Camaro repainted 2 years ago. You may want to look into that to be sure. I know I let mine wait about 6 months. I have since tried the glass polish, tire black stuff and leather cleaners. The tire black stuff is good for all the black plastic and interior stuff and hoses as well. The glass polish took off the water spots that had been on there from day one from the dealer hosing off the car and not wiping it down when it lived on his lot. Leather cleaner is better than the Lexol junk. It is all $$ but I have taken several years to grow my collection of Zaino and a little goes along ways :thumbsup: