PDA

View Full Version : Oh No, another "New-bee" here!!

SVTDOHC1997
09-20-2002, 01:37 PM
Don't ya just love us!!! All the desire, but looking for more info! I just recently purchased a 97 Rio Red Cobra with a few mods done and lots of TLC attached! Got a great deal on it but I'm not all that familiar with differences between the years. Specifically, what's the difference between the 96 and 97 Cobras and the 97 and 98? How can I tell the year by outward appearence?? By the way, great looking site that seems like a great place to get some help in my education of SVT. Thanks in advance for all responses!!

98banana
09-20-2002, 02:43 PM
There's very few differences from 96-97. The 97 had the cooling TSB done as a factory thing. Other than that, check the 10th charactor in the VIN.

For 97-98, the interior changes include the elimination of the dash pod, addition of cup holders that actually could be used and changes to the upholstry. The exterior changes included '95 Cobra R "style" (still 17x8) wheels and no strut tower brace.

One difference also between all 3 years are the colors available. '96 had the Mystics, '97 had the Pacific Green and '98 had Bright Atlantic Blue and, of course, the best color they ever put on a Cobra, Chrome Yellow! :D

97whitevert
09-20-2002, 03:32 PM
well put tom!! and WELCOME "new-bee" hope you enjoy our little cyber-place!!