PDA

View Full Version : Email Address Change !!!

Firme
09-21-2002, 04:24 AM
my email address has changed, the new email address, in case anyone wants to know is firme@houston.rr.com .

The change has also been made to the club flyer, downloadable @ http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/media/pdfs/sccflyer.pdf

( as always, Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or above is needed to view the .pdf file)

Thanks,
Edmond
:retard:

Bartman01
09-21-2002, 09:57 AM
You are going to enjoy the Cable Modem:thumbsup:

I am out of town today and getting 52kbps connections (twice as fast as most dialup in Houston). It is downright slow :zz: compared to the 2mbps I get at home connecting via cable.

One thing to look in to is a router so you can share the connection easily with mutiple PCs. You can either build one (if linux doesn't scare you and you have some spare harware around) or you can buy one. You can get one with wireless built in too. I've got wireless at home for my laptop, and it is great being able to be anywhere in (or outside) the house and still be connnected :D .

Z06 Chic
09-21-2002, 10:05 AM
Got your email changed in my address book:thumbsup:

Firme
09-21-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Bartman01
You are going to enjoy the Cable Modem:thumbsup:

I am out of town today and getting 52kbps connections (twice as fast as most dialup in Houston). It is downright slow :zz: compared to the 2mbps I get at home connecting via cable.

One thing to look in to is a router so you can share the connection easily with mutiple PCs. You can either build one (if linux doesn't scare you and you have some spare harware around) or you can buy one. You can get one with wireless built in too. I've got wireless at home for my laptop, and it is great being able to be anywhere in (or outside) the house and still be connnected :D .

I like the way you think, I had bought a Linksys 8 port cable/dsl router the day I placed the order for road runner... after all, I have 4 Pc's/server hooked up to one switchbox just at my desk, and there is that whole PS2 online thing :bounce: I don't know what I'd do without the router

Topless In Tex
09-23-2002, 12:41 AM
CABLE ROCKS!!!!!!!
Your gonna like it! Congrats! :)
:banana:TNT:banana:

msmap
09-23-2002, 10:14 AM
Welcome to the modern world of Road Runner Beep Beep!! My bodyguard and I networked our house and he then networked NIna and Jason.

Firme
09-23-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by msmap
Welcome to the modern world of Road Runner Beep Beep!! My bodyguard and I networked our house and he then networked NIna and Jason.

yeah they have made that real easy nowadays with these cable/dsl routers, you just plug in and it does it all for ya.... I had one ready a Linksys router ready as my cable was being installed.... I kinda miss the days where you had to do it the old fassioned way :p