PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Cable mod (taking up the slack)

Evilcartman
09-26-2002, 06:15 PM
Josh, I know you talked about this. I would like to tighten up my throttle cable. I installed BBK 65mm T-body and it loosened up my throttle cable a little. I know that there is a mod to tightening it at the gas pedal.

Josh968
09-26-2002, 06:18 PM
It was written up on Mustang World.

You can find the little plastic sleeve thing at Home Depot. All you need is that and a couple of jubilee clips (I can't think of the other name for them, but they're the things you use on hoses. Hose clips?) You need 2 small ones.

Andy M
09-26-2002, 10:04 PM
Keith,

Go to the hardware store or a Home Depot and get one of those little brass compression nuts. They make different sizes which come with a hole to slide the cable, then you pull the slack and tighten the nut. That's all there is to it. Mine is fixed now and when I press down on my brake pedal it is now even with the accelerator pedal... which makes heel and toe downshifting easier.

Otherwise, here is the link from Mustang World which explains how to get it done...

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/99pedals.htm

Evilcartman
09-26-2002, 10:30 PM
Thanks guys. I used the plastic one, like in the link. It worked out well. I had to cut it in half to make it feel right though. A large improvement.