PDA

View Full Version : BOSS Shinoda Chin Spoilers 94-03

Firme
09-30-2002, 03:41 PM
For those who have been looking for something up front like the 2000R front splitter, BOSS Shinoda is making from splitters for the 94-03 Cobra's... I think they are discussing putting the Zeus clips on them just like the 2kR to make it removable...and they are supposed to be functional. I thought I woudl post the pics, they are taking preorders and have free shipping for orders before Nov1st..

this was something I was considering myself...

Andy.. don't forget to post the info about the guy that reinforces the front bumper.. that would be usefull in this situation

here is the 03 splitter

Firme
09-30-2002, 03:42 PM
94-98

97CasperCobra
09-30-2002, 07:28 PM
I like this one better:

http://www.mustangmods.com/publish/97CasperCobra//robertsdf3.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Firme
09-30-2002, 07:51 PM
if thats the Cervini or whatever, I don't think its functional....these are "supposed" to be actual functional front splitters like the 2kR has... I think they are a little BIG, but if they do function, they would be good for high speeds

97CasperCobra
09-30-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Firme
if thats the Cervini or whatever, I don't think its functional....these are "supposed" to be actual functional front splitters like the 2kR has... I think they are a little BIG, but if they do function, they would be good for high speeds

True, but the way my car is now, I think I'd have to put the stock springs back on and go with the 4x4 ride just to get clearance with the Boss spoiler. Look how much the one comes down on the 98 Cobra :eek: .

Firme
09-30-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
True, but the way my car is now, I think I'd have to put the stock springs back on and go with the 4x4 ride just to get clearance with the Boss spoiler. Look how much the one comes down on the 98 Cobra :eek: .

OH Yeah.... I hear ya..it looks low... I would think this be strictly a track or highway thing and removed for the bumpy driveways/street, just like the R guys kinda do now to an extent...

Andy M
09-30-2002, 09:27 PM
The very first thing you MUST do before installing one of these on your car... is bring it to Kenny Bumbera Performance Associates on Hwy 6 south just past I-10 and just before you get to Memorial Drive. It is on the right side of hwy 6 and is mainly a Firestone dealership. The owner (Kenny Bumbera) races in minor league stock car circles and they have alot of experience fabricating stuff from scratch.

Anyway, they fixed the front fascia on several Cobra R's (mine, Joe Johnson, Kevin Rogers, etc). This keeps the front fascia from falling apart when you put the splitter on and drive at high speeds (above 120 or so). Otherwise, you will break something.

As for my splitter(s)?, I am developing a prototype reinforcement splitter for use at the track. I should be done with it this week and will be trying it out at TWS on (October 12-13) for the Driver's Edge event. I will keep you guys posted on how it does, and if it holds up, I will post pics and diagram/dimensions of exactly what I did.

This new splitter looks interesting, but I would still worry about how it hooks up to the stock bumper cover and how will it do at high speeds?? Looks are one thing (God knows the 2000 R splitter looks DAMNED GOOD on the car!!!) but functionality and reliability and integrity are a whole other thing. It needs to be able to withstand high speeds without ripping apart or breaking some other part on the front of the car!