PDA

View Full Version : Casper may get re-painted!!!!!!

97CasperCobra
10-02-2002, 03:05 PM
Just talked to Richard Hammond from Joe Myers about my car and the trouble I'm having with the paint peeling back on the inner front fenders(under the hood), the top of the roof where the A-pillar is and the trunk where the rain spills just after the rear windshield. He said to bring it in and have the paint & body shop look at it, but get this......90% of the time Ford covers it. He told me that paint has a 5-year/100,000 mile warranty, so hopefully I can get it done. I'm going up there hopefully Thurs or Fri if the weather's good. Wish me luck. :thumbsup:

JBejarano
10-02-2002, 08:56 PM
good luck man, let us know how it goes!

Andy M
10-02-2002, 09:32 PM
Mike,

Does that mean just repaint the bad spots? or the entire car??

cobrapace94
10-02-2002, 09:46 PM
Might not be all bad, getting fresh paint after 4 years.. Good luck and hope it all turns out better than ever.

97CasperCobra
10-02-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Andy M
Mike,

Does that mean just repaint the bad spots? or the entire car??

Seeing as how the places the paint's peeling is under the hood, the roof and the rear under the trunk, I think the whole car should get repainted. I also have places in my door jambs by my hinges too. I just hope I'm still good as the warranty to get it fixed. :(

Levi
10-03-2002, 07:35 PM
That would be cool if you get new paint on the exterior of the entire car.:cool:

JBoden
10-03-2002, 09:38 PM
That is good news Michael about your paint.

Andy M
10-03-2002, 09:48 PM
Mike,

Got your voice message earlier today. Thanks for taking care of the HP banner. Also, what did you find out at Joe Meyers??

97CasperCobra
10-03-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Andy M
Mike,

Got your voice message earlier today. Thanks for taking care of the HP banner. Also, what did you find out at Joe Meyers??

Np about the Banner Andy. As far as the re-painting....no deal. Ford's warranty is 3 year/36K, the 5 year is for Lincoln's. :(

But I did find out some good news. If I do get my car painted there at Joe Myers, they warranty their paint for the life of the vehicle, which is a damn good deal. The guy I talked to said no other Ford dealership does that, only Joe Myers. I just hope when I have the funds to re-paint Casper, JM isn't too much. Ah well, didn't hurt to try to get it done, least I learned something.